Wed, Jul 5, 2006 08:00 PM

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Fri, 04/14/06 10:00 AM EDT
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 2006-07-05

Setlist

1. Peace, Love, and Understanding --Enter Crescent City Horns, Allen Toussaint and Anthony Brown
2. Monkey to Man
3. On Your Way Down
4. A Certain Girl
5. Clownstrike
6. Tears, Tears, and More Tears
7. Chelsea
8. Poisoned Rose
9. Broken Promise Land
10. Freedom for the Stallion
11. The River in Reverse
12. Who’s Gonna Help a Brother
13. Nearer to You
14. Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
15. Brickyard Blues
16. Bedlam

–Exit A.T.

17. Watching the Detectives
18. Pump It Up
19. Yes We Can Can (not found on the official setlist--played somewhere during the evening)
20. Big Chief Variations
21. International Echo
22. Alison – Tracks of My Tears
23. Clubland
24. The Greatest Love
25. Ascension Day
26. Get Out of My Life Woman (found on official setlist; not sure if played) 27. Shoo-Rah X2
28. Slippin’ And Sliding
29. And Up
30. Wonder Woman
31. Six Fingered Man
32. The Sharpest Thorn

* Start time: 8:00
* End time: 10:30

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get Out Of My Life

Get out of my life woman
I don't love you no more
Get out of my life woman
I don't love you no more
Get out of my life woman
Nothin' but heartaches by the score

Get out of my eyes teardrops
I've got to see my way around
Nothin' but heartaches by the pound

Get out of my life woman
I don't love you no more
Get out of my life woman
I don't love you no more
Get out of my life woman

Get out of my life woman
I don't love you no more
Get out of my life woman
I don't love you no more
Get out of my life woman

Nothin' but heartaches by the pound

Get out of my life woman
I don't love you no more
Get out of my life woman
I don't love you no more
Get out of my life woman

Get out of my life woman
Get out of my life woman
jazzguitarist

Concert

Post by jazzguitarist »

Another GREAT Elvis concert. I've decided there are no bad Elvis concerts (I haven't seen a single show where the Man and his group didn't give 100%) just bad venues to see him. The Tweeter Center (used to be Great Woods) is a terrible place to see him, unless you are in the front seating section. The Fleet Pavillon in Boston is another place that unless you are close, refuses you to let you connect to the performance. That being said I'm trying to figure a way to go next week to see this terrific group there, hoping for the best.
The Cape Cod Melody Tent is a theater in the round. The performers sit in the middle of the audience and the stage rotates to give everyone a great view.
Here are some observations.

1) We were only about 20 feet from the stage so the view was great, and the sound which is usually not very good there, was excellent.

2) I wasn't around to see the tour off of "Punch the Clock" with the TKO horns, but a horn section with the Imposter ROCKED! He should always have this kind of horn section. They added not only musically but with the personalities on stage. What a trombone player Big Sam is, wow!

3) Allen Toussaint exudes great musicianship but also great class, he was a joy to watch and it seemed like he enjoyed the camaraderie with EC and the band.

4) No complaints about the song list, loved everything especially "Poison Rose" which I don't recall hearing live. I had heard that he had done "Shabby Doll" on this tour, that would have been great, but the setlist was a mix of old and a lot of new.

5) Is there another artist (including Springsteen or Dylan) whose new material is as well received as Elvis's? I can't imagine it, the audience was into the new music as much as the old hits.

6) The crowd was a bit older, so it was interesting to see them during EC's short Bush rant and Katrina. Some of the conservatives were squirming. Elvis had a Bush doll on a little table next to his mike he called the "do nothing doll" He also referred to Bush has "Junior".

7) After the concert there was a rumor that Elvis was going to show up at the local Blues Bar, "Harry's" No such luck as far as I know, unless it was a real late night jam. I did see his guitar tech there, but no EC.
jazzguitarist

Cape Cod Times review

Post by jazzguitarist »

July 06, 2006
Elvis Costello king at theTent

By BILL O’NEILL
STAFF WRITER
HYANNIS – If you’re a fan of rock ’n’ roll and you missed Elvis Costello’s sold-out show last night at the Cape Cod Melody Tent, tape a piece of paper that says “kick meâ€
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Whether it was played or not , Get Out Of My Life proved to have an interesting back story .

http://funky16corners.blogspot.com/2006 ... -life.html

( extract)

I figured, since Mr Allen Toussaint was kind enough to craft a body of work so wondrous as to heal the ill, I should return the favor (in what little way I can) by paying tribute. ‘Get Out of My Life, Woman’ is one of those legendary tunes that carry with it, no matter who records it, a built-in breakbeat. Though the version known to most is the Lee Dorsey hit, there are probably hundreds of covers out there, including efforts by the Paul Butterfield Blues band, the Leaves, Grasella Oliphant, on and on ad infinitum. The opening BOOM SHAK A BOOM-BOOM SHAK
BOOM SHAK A BOOM-BOOM SHAK beat, reproduced by dozens of anonymous drummers since the mid-60’s has provided sampler fodder for beatmakers the world over (which is especially relevant since with most of the records on which the song appears, the opening beat is as far as anyone would want to listen anyway). Well, floating out there in the sea of ‘Get Out of My Life, Woman’s, relatively unnoticed, is a version recorded by the maestro himself. Laid down in 1968 or 1969 by Toussaint, ‘Get Out of My Life, Woman’ is taken at a decidedly relaxed pace, with Toussaint only singing on the chorus, and his piano taking most of the attention. The record sounds as if Toussaint gathered a band on his back porch, fortified by patented mellowing agents one and all, and decided to make some very relaxed, very New Orleans in the summertime, very groovy music. I love the acoustic guitar (something Toussaint was using a lot in the late 60’s) and the occasional drop-ins by someone on the “boo-bamsâ€
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Is it tomorrow?

Another quality show. Unfortunately, I took advantage of being in Cape Cod and had a few Cape Cods before the show.

Some comments:

1 - Checked out the Paddock before the show and thoroughly enjoyed the piano player. He had a show tunes sing-a-long - CLASSIC.

2 - The rotating stage was a distraction. I couldn't focus. Although, the horn section has some nice asses.

3 - Poisoned Rose - The best

4 - If I knew the guitar tech was at Harry's I would have stopped by. He is hot.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/sideTr ... eid=147247

Boston Herald

Tracked Down
By Inside Track
Friday, July 7, 2006

. . . Max, Chris and about eight more Kennedy cousins taking in the Elvis Costello show at the Melody Tent in Hyannis . . .
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

In case some of you don't look at the Trading Post section of this board -

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=5574