Sirius Satellite Radio

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Sirius Satellite Radio

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I recently won a free Sirius satellite radio system with three months gratis and spent about 2 1/2 hours installing the damn thing on my car this morning. Anyone else out there in EC Fan Forum land a subscriber - and if so what channels/programs are worthwhile?

I will probably be keeping it no matter what, as it was so much of a hassle to install that I can't imagine having to uninstall it. I'm looking forward to being able to listen to the English Premier League matches when I'm out and about next season. Too bad baseball is on XM, but I already have the MLB package on DirecTV, so I'm sorted there. Howard Stern? No thanks.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

WSS!

I caught part of a program today on the Sirius Disorder channel, where Elvis and Allen discussed the upcoming album! So I recommend that channel!

The only new song I caught was Wonder Woman, which I thought was amazing! The other 2 songs I heard were Working in a Coal Mine, and
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

XM is way better, sorry to tell you! 8)
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

BlueChair wrote:XM is way better, sorry to tell you! 8)
Alas, I was not given a free XM receiver with three months subscription. Sirius Disorder and Left of Center are my faves so far, based on a drive down to my dad's place this morning. Also nice to have clear NPR without having to change frequencies.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm sure it's 100x better than terrestrial radio, in any case :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

BlueChair wrote:I'm sure it's 100x better than terrestrial radio, in any case :D
Definitely better than what we get in the New York-Connecticut area, which is shockingly bad.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Sirius is at least 10000 times better than regular radio, even if XM is better than Sirius as Blue claims.

Sirius has made my life much better.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.