Semi-Useless Information You Find

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Semi-Useless Information: Things to do this weekend...
a) phone my ex-girlfriend and tell her I'm sorry
b) get completely stoned and then drunk
c) watch "The Constant Gardener" with a few friends
d) Go to another friend's birthday party
e) Study for an upcoming test
f) Phone home, see how things are doing...avoid speaking to my faja
g) Drink more
h) Sleep...glorious sleep!
i) Listen to "Get Happy!" "Spiderland" "Forever Changes" and that new album from David Gray.
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
dan dirty ape

Post by dan dirty ape »

The Steve Martin/Michael Caine movie 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' was originally conceived as a film for David Bowie and Mick Jagger to star in together
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

1. Abraham Lincoln's posthumous record, Will Someone Please Invent Paxcil So My Wife Can Stop Having Night Terrors, went double platinum in its first week of sales and featured the shockingly prescient Lincoln-penned "I'll Make You Famous, Bitch!"

2. The highly-anticipated Samuel L. Jackson actioner Snakes On A Plane is actually a remake of a 1943 William Wyler film starring Brian Donlevy, John Carradine, Jane Darwell, Agnes Moorehead and Lionel Barrymore. Lillian Hellman wrote the original script and really resented Wyler's uncredited rewrites. Katherine Hepburn had to be brought in to smooth the whole thing over, it was a real mess and there was always an unbearable tension everytime Hellman visited the set.

3. Bobster is Nathan Fillion. It makes so much sense.

4. Tupac and Biggie are both alive and well as Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie. The Wayans' Brothers film White Girls was actually an unsparingly accurate documentary about the two rappers pawned off as a witless tax writeoff.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

You almost had me there El Vez. It was only until I read "Katherine Hepburn had to be brought in to smooth the whole thing over..." that I realised it was a joke. Everybody knows it was Audrey Hepburn and not Katherine.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

It is possible to be travelling north on the M3 between Southampton and Basingstoke at a speed of 105 mph while listening to "Dixie Fried" by Carl Perkins and be overtaken twice by other vehicles.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Both police cars? No speed cams, or do they and you have sensors?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more