Something to ponder about W

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Modern life is hard and it's no wonder most people hate politics -- you've got to take so much with a giant grain of salt. The Pacifica listeners think NPR listeners are all media-sell outs, the Fox-Limbaugh listeners think that NPR listeners are all limousine liberals and or crypto-Stalinists who hate America (wonder what they'd make of Pacifica?)

And even I (and maybe Noise) distrust at least half of what we read or hear from our own side of the spectrum!

BTW: It's not a great movie or anything, but I just saw "Head of State" on DVD. It's real uneven, but with genius like Chris Rock and Bernie Mack on view, there's some very funny stuff, and it's got some surprisingly trenchent political commentary as well. And not the usual Hollywood, vaguely liberal blanditudes, but Rock does some time to attack what he calls "hatriotism" on the commentary track. The opposing candidates slogan (repeated way too often, I'm afraid) is "God Bless America, and No Place Else!"
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Bobster,

Way more than half. And well said, sir.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare