Anyone?
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis , 'Detour', play Wichita, KS, October 8th 2106

Post by johnfoyle »

Via @ecsongbysong

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Sound check photo Tweeted by Larkin Poe https://twitter.com/LarkinPoe/status/784889034724159493

Via Twitter https://twitter.com/WichitaOrpheum/stat ... 4555732992

https://twitter.com/sshankya/status/784921523274428416

Douglas Clay Hahn / F/book -

'This is what you get when your told to shoot from the back of the theater and u can only shoot the 1st song. Then they have no lights for the 1st song. Niceeeeeeeee'

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Wiki has the setlist: http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 08_Wichita

Setlist

01. Hurry Down Doomsday (The Bugs Are Taking Over)
02. New Lace Sleeves
03. Accidents Will Happen
04. Church Underground
05. Everyday I Write The Book
06. Shot With His Own Gun
07. Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
08. A Face In The Crowd
09. Walkin' My Baby Back Home
10. Ghost Train
11. Veronica
12. Watching The Detectives
13. Alison - off-mic
14. Blame It On Cain - with Larkin Poe
15. Indoor Fireworks - with Larkin Poe
16. Clown Strike - with Larkin Poe
17. Burn The Paper Down To Ash - with Larkin Poe, sung by Rebecca Lovell
18. Vitajex - with Larkin Poe, EC on ukulele
19. That's Not The Part Of Him You're Leaving - with Larkin Poe
20. American Mirror - with Larkin Poe
21. Pump It Up - inside the TV
22. Blood & Hot Sauce
23. Jimmie Standing In The Rain
24. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding? - with Larkin Poe
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Does anyone know. Has EIWTB remained the big sisters clothes version since last Saturday?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Just a couple of observations. Those glasses would probably take away a lot from EC's usual song-enhancing live facial expressiveness. Is he trying to be Bono on 'The Fly'? So might the tight pants on those girls distract considerably from their overall skilled musical contribution both vocally and on their style of playing on those vintage instruments. I think it makes them look a bit cheap. JMO.
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

bambooneedle wrote:Just a couple of observations. Those glasses would probably take away a lot from EC's usual song-enhancing live facial expressiveness. Is he trying to be Bono on 'The Fly'? So might the tight pants on those girls distract considerably from their overall skilled musical contribution both vocally and on their style of playing on those vintage instruments. I think it makes them look a bit cheap. JMO.
EC likes to change his look every so often, so I don't see the harm. He still looks pretty damn cool.

As for LP, I don't mind their pants at all, I can appreciate both their hotness and musicianship at the same time! :D
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

bronxapostle wrote:Does anyone know. Has EIWTB remained the big sisters clothes version since last Saturday?
A friend who's seen four of the last six shows says it's still the Town Hall arrangement.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:Does anyone know. Has EIWTB remained the big sisters clothes version since last Saturday?
A friend who's seen four of the last six shows says it's still the Town Hall arrangement.
Awesome...guess when I pointed it out to him after the show, he liked my name for it. Don't think he realized he got that riff from there initially. But then again,, he knows everything.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

stricttime81 wrote:
bambooneedle wrote:Just a couple of observations. Those glasses would probably take away a lot from EC's usual song-enhancing live facial expressiveness. Is he trying to be Bono on 'The Fly'? So might the tight pants on those girls distract considerably from their overall skilled musical contribution both vocally and on their style of playing on those vintage instruments. I think it makes them look a bit cheap. JMO.
EC likes to change his look every so often, so I don't see the harm. He still looks pretty damn cool.

As for LP, I don't mind their pants at all, I can appreciate both their hotness and musicianship at the same time! :D
Well looking at all the pictures above it seems he didn't wear those glasses for the whole show, so I suppose it would have been ok. And I agree that they look cool.

I say bring on costume changes all around!
Brodsky

Post by Brodsky »

bambooneedle wrote:
stricttime81 wrote:

Well looking at all the pictures above it seems he didn't wear those glasses for the whole show, so I suppose it would have been ok. And I agree that they look cool.

I say bring on costume changes all around!
I was at this show and he changed his glasses at least once (or twice:).