ELVIS NOVEMBER 2013 SOLO TOUR TALLY

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: ELVIS NOVEMBER 2013 SOLO TOUR TALLY

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:YEAH RIGHT VG!!! the guy who said THIS on OCTOBER 27th......
verbal gymnastics wrote:It's a short tour so I'm picking a meagre 99.

I reckon only a handful of songs from Wise Up Ghost will be played.

I'm hoping to be proved wrong on both counts.
PROVED WRONG ON BOTH COUNTS INDEED! what are we up to now, like 6-7 WUG songs???
all in good fun VG, at least MY first guess was 119...obliterated two weeks ago! hope you are proven wrong AGAIN with OVER 200! :lol: :lol:
p.s. PAY IT BACK is a shoe in for tonight or tomorrow...hopefully tomorrow! IMAGINATION IS A POWERFUL DECEIVER too.
I did cheat a bit later and change it to 199. And I am very happy to have been wrong on both counts.

Best solo tour ever. Who's going to disagree?

not me VG! what a tour indeed....glad i got to four and still missed about 30 songs i never saw. wish you ALL were here.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:plus ONE in Morristown New Jersey night one gets us to 187. ONE MORE TO GO! cheers all. :wink:
my tally of the last night of this tour is 14...until further review. a crazy mash-up of RADIO RADIO & RADIO SOUL. will listen hard tomorrow. i got tour number at 201.
WHAT A MONTH!!! here's till the next time we get a SOLO tour like this.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

It's hard to find words to describe this tour. I am soooooo envious.

if anyone has/knows links to mp3's of full shows from this tour please have mercy and post them on this forum.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

For us non-Dime users, what he said ^^^^^^^
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

there is talk of some nice guy i know thinking to make a compilation of every song performed. it will be worth the wait i am certain.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I made a compilation for VG and a few select UK folk of the 2012 SSS UK tour and I'm supposed to be doing one for the 2013 one as well when I get around to it, and no doubt will do the same for this one.
Incidentally, how many shows are known to be "unrecorded". I think I may have access to the Troy show which I'll up to dime when the time comes !
I don't think I've ever seen any tour which has come to close to the outstanding and amazing repertoire of this one, I just wish I'd posted something about Dr. Luther's Assistant but I know Elvis is saving this to start the first show of the 6 week UK tour next year :wink:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

This has certainly been an amazing tour. If I'd seen them I think my jaw would have been damaged from the amount of times it would have dropped. I don't think there is anyone in the world (Bruce Springsteen included) who could have done such a varied solo tour.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN is indeed, always WILL be and SURELY has been number TWO only to ELVIS COSTELLO since perhaps the middle 1980's (when E was touring with Attractions and Confederates, while Bruce was kinda/sorta stagnating in 1988 with a great, though NOT vastly changing setlist on the TUNNEL OF LOVE tour!) OR the middle 1990's when EC and Steve toured and loosened up while Bruce was also stretching vastly alone on his TOM JOAD tour. excuse my slightly buzzed from wine/Thanksgiving cooking ba run on sentence and scattered thoughts here. however, BRUCE's stellar 2005 DEVILS AND DUST tour where he performed well over 100 different songs SURELY was a major impetus for what ELVIS did to us this month. i still will always keep them number one and two in times seen live AND my eternal respect list...TWO CHAMPIONS without competition except for the only contender of RYAN ADAMS who kind of threw it away for the time being! he can come back with his exceptional variety and numerous songs. but, go away PEARL JAM...you are NOT and NEVER will be a singer-songwriter! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sulky lad wrote:I made a compilation for VG and a few select UK folk of the 2012 SSS UK tour and I'm supposed to be doing one for the 2013 one as well when I get around to it, and no doubt will do the same for this one.
Any chance in uploading this compilation to Dime?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:there is talk of some nice guy i know thinking to make a compilation of every song performed. it will be worth the wait i am certain.
This is my plan. A compilation of the 2013 Solo tour using all available recordings, even including mp3's from crappy YouTube videos if necessary. It'll be in mp3 format so everyone can enjoy. It'll be in chronological order according to the original album or song release date, which is kind of a cool way to present this amazing career retrospective. I'll remaster the many recordings that need a volume boost.

I'm waiting for a few weeks. A taper on Dime (rockcat) recently wrote:

"I made excellent recordings of this show [Wilkes-Barre], Easton, and Philly. Unfortunately, I've been having a rash of computer problems (still ongoing) which are preventing me from uploading anything at the moment. As soon as they're resolved (hopefully, within the next few weeks), I'll be sharing this, and the 2 aforementioned shows."

This means that there will be Dime recordings from:

Sun 2013-11-03 Northampton, MA, Calvin Theatre
Mon 2013-11-04 Englewood, NJ, Bergen Performing Arts Center
Wed 2013-11-06 Troy, NY, Troy Savings Bank Music Hall (****if sulky's inside information is for real****)
Thu 2013-11-07 Ithaca, NY, State Theatre Of Ithaca
Fri 2013-11-08 New Haven, CT, Shubert Theater
Sun 2013-11-10 Philadelphia, PA, Merriam Theater
Mon 2013-11-11 Port Chester, NY, Capitol Theatre
Tue 2013-11-12 Port Chester, NY, Capitol Theatre
Thu 2013-11-14 Kingston, NY, Ulster Performing Arts Center
Thu 2013-11-21 Storrs, CT, Jorgensen Theatre
Sat 2013-11-23 Easton, PA, State Theatre Center For The Arts
Mon 2013-11-25 Wilkes-Barre, PA, F.M. Kirby Center For The Performing Arts
Wed 2013-11-27 Morristown, NJ, Mayo Performing Arts Center

As of today, there are no recordings from:

Sat 2013-11-02 Burlington, VT, Flynn Center For The Performing Arts
Sun 2013-11-17 Boston, MA, Wilbur Theatre
Mon 2013-11-18 Portland, ME, State Theatre
Tue 2013-11-19 Orono, ME, Collins Center For The Arts
Fri 2013-11-22 Washington, DC, Lisner Auditorium
Tue 2013-11-26 Morristown, NJ, Mayo Performing Arts Center

Stay tuned!
jmm

Post by jmm »

Thanks doc, that sounds great!
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
veronicacostello

Post by veronicacostello »

verbal gymnastics wrote:This has certainly been an amazing tour. If I'd seen them I think my jaw would have been damaged from the amount of times it would have dropped. I don't think there is anyone in the world (Bruce Springsteen included) who could have done such a varied solo tour.

I have some jaw damage from just one show.

a·gape 1 (-gp, -gp)
adv. & adj.
1. In a state of wonder or amazement, as with the mouth wide open.
2. Wide open.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:plus ONE in Morristown New Jersey night one gets us to 187. ONE MORE TO GO! cheers all. :wink:
my tally of the last night of this tour is 14...until further review. a crazy mash-up of RADIO RADIO & RADIO SOUL. will listen hard tomorrow. i got tour number at 201.

upon further review...the call on the field STANDS! i will credit it as RADIO RADIO SOUL (a mash-up) in my archives as he clearly sings the first three lines from RADIO RADIO instead of RADIO SOUL lyric AND also plays it this night in the style of the 1978 take. 8)
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

bronxapostle wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:

upon further review...the call on the field STANDS! i will credit it as RADIO RADIO SOUL (a mash-up) in my archives as he clearly sings the first three lines from RADIO RADIO instead of RADIO SOUL lyric AND also plays it this night in the style of the 1978 take. 8)
Agreed BA, Elvis clearly called an audible play action fake, starting out with Radio Radio and then deciding to switch to Radio Soul! The result was a rather bizarre mash-up, much to my amusement as I watched confusion on the faces of the audience :)
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

99% sure my source is reliable , Doc :D
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

sulky lad wrote:99% sure my source is reliable , Doc :D
Well, then, get on with it man!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:
sulky lad wrote:99% sure my source is reliable , Doc :D
Well, then, get on with it man!
what i miss here my friends??
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Been promised a recording from a European source but I'm away from home for a week, maybe by next weekend once I've been able to verify the recording - sorry about the delay but I do feel kind of 1 up man ship that I'm getting a recording that you chaps didn't :wink:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

would be a miracle if we get all NINETEEN! glad i took the road trip to Kingston. mine is the only one that night? sorry anti-analogs. but it ain't bad at all.
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

Need MP3 recordings from the Nov. '13 solo tour. Any ideas?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Join Dime if not on already, download FLAC files and convert! Presumably one can join Dime there and then, or is there a waiting list?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i guess Elvis read this post OR kept his own TALLY! :lol: :lol:

"I toured in November on a solo tour and I played about 10 shows and I played 200 different songs."

but he's a little off on the number of shows....it was 19, i think!

HERE'S A REMINDER OF WHAT NOVEMBER 2013 WAS LIKE....and HE DOES READ US!! :lol: :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Remember this thread from 6 years ago??? Surely, 200 on a band tour is out of reach. But, at the rate he is going November 2019, I'll say 100 is VERY doable!! :P :P