How do you...

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
whar

Post by whar »

It is one of my favorite scenes of all time. The beach boys track adds a lot of humor to it, because Jess had just dropped out of school and ran across the country... now he is a hot head standing on the beach in a leather jacket, completely annoyed with his surroundings.

Oy with the poodles, already!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Thanks for that, WHAR. I have a few freinds who are big GG fans; I really haven't seen much of it but would like to.

And I'm sorry about your car; I remember we were both shopping for them at the same time. I've decided to buy a washer and dryer instead, which probably does not appeal to someone in your circumstances, but it's less life threatening and doesn't cost $200 a month to insure in Massachusetts! And soon I'll no longer be hoarding quarters...
whar

Post by whar »

Insurance- 270 a month for me! Ick, first year drivers.
After this accident, lord knows what it'll turn in to.

Disasterous.
Oy with the poodles, already!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Hello, Zipcar!! Though actually I think you have to be over 25 for that...
verena

Post by verena »

Now that you make me take note of the Beach Boys track, I actually miss it, Ot. This clip is a masterpiece indeed (I was impressed by your analysis). And so incredibly funny.

When I first saw that clip I burst out laughing. Almost wrote to Whar something like : "Stranded, man ?". Upon which I laughed even harder, and thought better of it.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

I just wanted to pipe up (no pun intended) about the site's bandwidth. We do not have a bandwidth limit like we did with the previous hosting solution. They limited us to some number of megabytes per month and if we went over that, the site got disabled until the first of the next calendar month. We exceeded that one time and had to up it at an increased cost.

The cost of that plan combined with their awful service when we needed it led to the current solution.

We now have no bandwidth per month limit. The connection is a dedicated cable modem link with 384 kbps out to the world and 3 Mbps in. The server itself is an older machine we had.

So practically speaking, we have no bandwidth limits at our current fixed monthly cost.

But remember everyone does have to download the pages to their computer while reading, so large images have to be downloaded at their connection speed -- which may be dialup. So think more of that than worrying about the hosting here.