Happy Birthday Otis!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

I can't believe I had missed that news...

Hadn't heard anything here. That BUE Festival is the same SUE Festival here in Santiago, so it's mostly the same artists. Last year Morrissey /PJ Harvey were here, let's just hope...
Anyway, the trip to Buenos Aires it's only a US$ 150 dollars away...
que no panda el cunico
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

idle hands wrote:I can't believe I had missed that news...

Hadn't heard anything here. That BUE Festival is the same SUE Festival here in Santiago, so it's mostly the same artists. Last year Morrissey /PJ Harvey were here, let's just hope...
Anyway, the trip to Buenos Aires it's only a US$ 150 dollars away...
That's right, it's not that far, is it? My sister traveled to Argentina and Chile a few years ago and took some stunning photos in and around Santiago. I'll have to get down there at some point.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Thanks, doods, and what a special honour to see Sñr Idle Hands back on the scene, not to mention Storm's groovy avatar. How kind of you all. I've been 'avin' it large! I was out celebrating my birthday and a colleague's 30th on Thursday, and ended up completely and utterly trashed (Summer Lightning is a great English beer, but not recommended in vast quantities, nor with a whisky chaser), woke up with Hangover of the Decade on Friday, nearly dying in the process of getting to a meeting for 11.00, by which time I had turned the corner, then off to London Fri pm to The Wolseley, an amazingly grand cafe that does breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner in what used to be the Wolseley cars showroom: thewolseley.com/wolseley.htm. Recommended at any time of the day. Then up till 4.00 in the lovely, warm London night. And now I'm a zombie, feel like I've advanced 10 years not 1, and yet am still in contact with my inner teenager (Thursday night ended up with me being sick, rather tidily it must be said, in someone's garden, and then falling asleep on the grass - my fellow revellers leaving at 1.00 and assuming I'd gone home, too far gone to say night night, so with me waking at 1.30 wondering why the music had stopped, and just who I was anyway). Well, it's only once a year.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Certainly sounds memorable Otis! I hope my 40th is something like that! :)

Anything called Summer Lightning just has to be bad for you.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I've been out of the office for a few days so I missed this. Sounds like you had a great birthday although the alcohol consumption would have been much higher if you'd made it out with SoLack, BWAP and myself. Still, there'll be another time coming soon...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Yes, but would I have smoked anything like the same amount of weed?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Damn it....I was away and missed this. Sorry pal.

Hope you hada great time....let's do beer !! 8)
corruptio optimi pessima
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Yes, but would I have smoked anything like the same amount of weed?
Well a puritan such as I would not have a friend break the law. :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?