"Do you always wait for the longest day of the year...

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
selfmademug

"Do you always wait for the longest day of the year...

Post by selfmademug »

...and then miss it? I do."

Just my annual reminder to my fellow northern hemispheroids (?!) to enjoy allll this daylight!
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Thanks, Daisy. Wouldn't be the summer solstice without ya!
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
firebetty

Post by firebetty »

oh dear smm,
it was a lovely day and at least i rejoiced about that. the first nice day in bostontown for sure.
i do love the summer solstice and always forget it until it is too late.
it was a rather trying evening as watched the sky turn yellow as my kids were crying instead of sleeping. then i stepped outside to throw the trash away and i almost cried because the sky was such a lovely periwinkle and the fat moon nearly hit me in the face. and my kids were still crying.
when i forget about the solstice and then it goes by and i know the days are just going to get shorter, i think, when will i be sitting at an outdoor cafe drinking wine and eating cake, and the sun will just be going down and it is nine o'clock at night?

it has been a run-on day, hence the run-on sentences.
cottton-poly blends are an abomination
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

firebetty wrote: i do love the summer solstice and always forget it until it is too late.
And as it's not til tomorrow, you won't forget this year! And the moon is full, and the weather is finaly nice, and the Sox are kicking Cleveland's ass.

Happy solstice to you, may it include wine and cake!!

XO
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Headed to a solstice party tonight. Doc's first big night out since the "incident" last week. Hopefully he can loosen up and enjoy himself. I know I need to.

Happy solstice. :)
LittleFoole

Re: "Do you always wait for the longest day of the year

Post by LittleFoole »

selfmademug wrote:...and then miss it? I do."

Just my annual reminder to my fellow northern hemispheroids (?!) to enjoy allll this daylight!
Heck no....I celebrate the seasons transitions....semi-important stuff, at least to me, for my own reasons 8)