What do you think of my pictures?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Pov

What do you think of my pictures?

Post by Pov »

I got a digital camera a few weeks ago. Here is a link some of the first pictures I took with it. I'm curious to know what you all think, good or bad (I can take it!)

http://www.pbase.com/pov10286/inbox
A rope leash

Nice shots.

Post by A rope leash »

That must be a nice camera. Is that you and your spouse? Nice detail on the butterfly. That's an A model Ford, probably a '29.
Pov

Post by Pov »

Hey, ARL. Yeah it is a pretty nice camera. Its an Olympus C5050Z. The couple are freinds of mine. I'm not quite so good looking :) Also, I believe you are correct, the car is a Model A. The driver is the mayor of my town and the car comes out once a year for 4th of July.
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

your mayor is awfully young

http://www.pbase.com/image/19879030
Where's North from 'ere?
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Cool Pictures, POV...

Now, when do we get to see YOU???

:D
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
Pov

Post by Pov »

stormwarning wrote:your mayor is awfully young

http://www.pbase.com/image/19879030
No, she's just the mayor of our house!

Sulkygirl, one of these day's I'll actually post MY picture, but kids and friends are just so much easier to look at :wink:
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Good pics Pov, very sharp. Can you get a bigger maximum apperture than f1.8 on a zoom lens for it?
Pov

Post by Pov »

bambooneedle wrote:Good pics Pov, very sharp. Can you get a bigger maximum apperture than f1.8 on a zoom lens for it?
Bamboo, I'm not sure I understand your question. The maximum aperature on the zoom is f1.8. I assume that shrinks down somewhat at longer focal lengths but I would have to check the specs to see how much. The zoom lens on the camera (3x optical) is not removable.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I meant that it's fast for a zoom lens (at its widest, max aperature), so I'd be surprised if a faster one was available. I wasn't sure if it was a fixed lens or not as I'm not familiar with the camera. I've got an SLR -- not digital but I'm glad I can swap a fast f1.4 50mm for a 24mm or a 70-210mm.
Pov

Post by Pov »

bambooneedle wrote:I meant that it's fast for a zoom lens (at its widest, max aperature), so I'd be surprised if a faster one was available. I wasn't sure if it was a fixed lens or not as I'm not familiar with the camera. I've got an SLR -- not digital but I'm glad I can swap a fast f1.4 50mm for a 24mm or a 70-210mm.
Now I get it. :)

I've got a Nikon SLR with a couple of lenses and other accessories, unfortunately all of it is gathering dust since I've "gone digital." The problem with the SLR and all the stuff that goes with it is that it is sometimes just too much to carry, particularly when you have young kids to shepherd as well. A small rangefinder type camera is just much more convenient.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Pov I think they are great - you have a real talent there! :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Pov

Post by Pov »

Thanks, Gilli!