STORMWARNING IN NEW YORK !!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
stormwarning

STORMWARNING IN NEW YORK !!!

Post by stormwarning »

Er, anyone fancy a beer?

I have a week in residence at the Tribeca Grand, which could be fun.
Where's North from 'ere?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Storm, I'd be up for it. Are you only here for a week?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

If only I could join you...

Love the Fast Show Ted quote. It was shown recently on the 'Top 50 Best Comedy Sketches' C4 listing (and tonight from 8-12 it's the top 100 LPs!), and had me in stitches.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Im game.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Yay! Sign me up for one beer, please.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

There's a possibility I may make this as well-- I'm coming down for Thurs-Sunday, but how much I'm out and about depends on some family stuff. Fingers crossed! The Friday Beacon show is a more remote possibility, sadly, but still a possibility.

Weeeeee....
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I can't go to the show on Friday (waaaaaaah!!) but if there's a food-and-beers thing happening beforehand in that neighborhood I'd love to stop by with my son.

Shall we set something up? I don't know how many folks are going to the show....

Pip, MBA and I once met at the All-Star Cafe on 72nd between Broadway and West End, about 2 blocks from the Beacon. Nothing special but good enough, and not overcowded. There are, of course, about 50 other possibilities within a block of the Beacon (God I miss NYC) as well, so if someone has a preference, sing out.

Ideas? Updated roll call?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

selfmademug wrote:I can't go to the show on Friday (waaaaaaah!!) but if there's a food-and-beers thing happening beforehand in that neighborhood I'd love to stop by with my son.

Shall we set something up? I don't know how many folks are going to the show....

Pip, MBA and I once met at the All-Star Cafe on 72nd between Broadway and West End, about 2 blocks from the Beacon. Nothing special but good enough, and not overcowded. There are, of course, about 50 other possibilities within a block of the Beacon (God I miss NYC) as well, so if someone has a preference, sing out.

Ideas? Updated roll call?
Man, I'd love to join you all, but my wife and I have early dinner plans at Cesca, a great Italian place on 75th and Amsterdam. We get out so rarely that we wanted to do something special.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Oh, poo. Though I'm sure you need and deserve the special date with your wife, don't get me wrong!

Well, suggestions still welcome. If not, perhaps Jack and I will be sitting on the curb outside the Beacon eating Sabrett hot dogs and knishes... say hi! Actaully I think we'll save the hot dog ritual for the Museum of Natural History...
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Mug, you have got to try F&B hot dogs! They're the only hot dog place I know of that caters to its vegetarian brethren.

I am also skipping the concert, due to a lack of discretionary income and a good friend's birthday...sigh...
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

I also dont have a ticket, so its not looking very good for me either, and I am deeply, deeply bummed out about it. Tried to get a 7th row orch ticket that was listed on Craigslist today, but sadly, it was already gone ...

:(
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I saw that listing and thought of you, Pip!! :( :(
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Ms. Mug - do you mean the All State Cafe ? I'll be there before the show. What time will you get there ?

Mr. Sam - 75th & Amsterdam is only 3 blocks away ! Any chance of meeting up for an aperatif ? Or how about a beer another time, preferably when SMM is in town.

Miss BA/Pip - when is a good time for you ? I'm in NY for the next two weekends, but next week I expect to spend a couple of days out in Ewing, NJ (don't ask why...)

I haven't got a ticket either, but I'm going to see what the scalpers are charging.

I'm sorry I've not replied earlier, but it would be great if we could all meet up for a couple of drinks.

Hope to see you soon
-SW
Where's North from 'ere?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

stormwarning wrote:Mr. Sam - 75th & Amsterdam is only 3 blocks away ! Any chance of meeting up for an aperatif ? Or how about a beer another time, preferably when SMM is in town.
That's going to be hard to do on Friday, but I am definitely up for it the next time SMM is in town.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

stormwarning wrote:Ms. Mug - do you mean the All State Cafe ? I'll be there before the show. What time will you get there ?
Yes indeedy, that's it. I really have no specific plans, so could be there whenever-- is the show at 7? Do you wanna meet at 6? 5:30?

Pip, does that sound good to you (mebbe we could meet before that??)?

Gosh you guys are sweet to care when this moral relativist will be in town! It's sad to miss you, WSS but I'm sure we'll meet another time. Enjoy your night!
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

selfmademug wrote: Gosh you guys are sweet to care when this moral relativist will be in town!
And here I was thinking you were an ethical egoist! Shit, Mug, this has gone and fucked up my equilibrium somethin' awful!
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

selfmademug wrote: Pip, does that sound good to you (mebbe we could meet before that??)?
Yeah. I'll be done with work and in the midtown area at 5:00 ... so basically I can meet anytime starting then ...
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

I hope you two won't be all giggly when I get there....
Where's North from 'ere?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

*snigger*

Well I can vouch for my son, who'll be very serious, but not for myself... :lol: I'll be there 5:15 (first?). I'll be the only one there with a 6-yr-old boy.

See you there!!

PS, ElV, I am actually a hateful egoist. Hope that clears things up.
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

I'll be there a little later but a little worse for wear, because in the words of Pope Stephen himself: "By Friday Life kas killed me".

Just in case there's a 100 ladies there with 6 year old boys, how will I recognize you ?
Where's North from 'ere?
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Ill be with her. Will you recognize me?
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Of course...
Where's North from 'ere?