NYC Presale

Pretty self-explanatory
BrilliantMistake45

NYC Presale

Post by BrilliantMistake45 »

Anyone else try for this? I was on right at 11 and it was sold out already. How in holy hell did it go so quick?
I wish that I could push a button
And talk in the past and not the present tense
And watch this hurtin' feeling disappear
Like it was common sense
It was a fine idea at the time
Now it's a brilliant mistake

~Elvis Costello
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

I completely missed it. However, I have never managed to get decent seats through the EC website pre-sales.
//I can't forgive you for things you haven't done yet
elvicos01

Post by elvicos01 »

I did notice that there were some single seats available (on the floor) during mid-day.

I was able to get tickets for the Borgata. I am not around Sunday when the Beacon show goes on sale, and since there is only one, I expect it to be sold out quickly.
Why are we racing to be so old?
cancerox

NYC Presale

Post by cancerox »

I was on at eleven and was able to get two tix together for Borgata. NYC wouldn't go through, but I kept trying and was able to get two single tix (not together) for Beacon. I'll sell those. I kept trying and got two tix together (row K) for Beacon.

Sunday ticketmaster didn't sell at ten am. It was down and i finally got through at 10:02. SOLD OUT!!!

Ticketmaster is a scam.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Re: NYC Presale

Post by spooky girlfriend »

cancerox wrote:Ticketmaster is a scam.
Oh my dear, surely you already knew that. We all feel that way.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

The presales are another Ticketbastard scam. I wish Elvis would disassociate himself from ClearChannel - they are so transparently evil. They own concert venues as well, however, so he may have no choice in the matter. Would be great to see him play somewhere downtown instead, like the Bowery Ballroom, which isn't associated with ClearChannel, I think. The service charges Ticketbastard adds on concert tickets are outrageous - complete highway robbery - and should be investigated (Elliot Spitzer do you hear me?). It's going to cost us more than $200 to see EC at the Beacon. So much for enjoying dinner before the show.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Okay, tell me this.....I did get two decent seats for the Borgata through the pre-sale, but I want better seats!

How much are you guys paying for these great seats I hear some of you have gotten? I know some of you are connected (and I hate you for that) (j/k!!), but some of you seem to get seats in the first few rows. HOW???
Are you paying a fortune through a broker? I would pay any amount, if I could, to see El, but that just isn't possible. (And a room at the Borgata ain't cheap either!) I'm talking like 2, 3, 400 dollars for a ticket......you guys paying that?

I'm thinking I want to sell the two tickets I have and get two more in a more satisfying spot.....at a price, of course. I'm hesitant because I don't know if I'll be able to get rid of the tickets I have already.
I've seen EC so many times and the only rush now is to GET CLOSE! I just get annoyed if I don't have a good seat. (I sound like a spoiled child.) (I guess I am, really.)

The Borgata doesn't look like it's that big of a place. My seats are probably fine. (According to my husband they are.) But I want to be in spit flying range.
I'm not angry anymore....
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I think that at the Beacon, as at other Ticketbastard shows, many of the best tickets never go one sale to the general public, even through pre-sales. Yet somehow they end up in the hands of greedy ticket dealers who charge 4 times or more face value.

I bought pre-sale tickets for a few concerts last year and the year before, but I never seem to do any better than if I just wait for them to go on general sale, so I didn't bother this time. I am very surprised to hear that the Beacon show sold out in 2 minutes. I had to wait a few minutes to get on as well, but had no problem getting decent tickets.

The whole system is a sham and is crying out for an investigation, but the ClearChannel folks are so cuddly with the Bush administration that it's never going to happen on the federal level. That's why someone like Spitzer needs to get involved.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

I missed the presale, as I said above.

The on-line sale on Sunday was sold out as soon as I logged on at 10:00. I bought tix over the phone at around 10:05. I am stuck against the wall in the back of the loge.

I have yet to get decent seats at the Beacon, though I usually get good seats at other EC shows. I'll probably keep these tix.
//I can't forgive you for things you haven't done yet