Arcade Fire

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
selfmademug

Arcade Fire

Post by selfmademug »

no, not an event, a band.

Did we already talk about these guys and I missed it? As I am a senior citizen (to some of you, maybe) I can't follow more than 1 or 2 bands not from the last millennium.

I am loving this record, force fed me by Tallulah (as Franz Ferdinand by Otis, and Trashcan Sinatras by Doofster, and Lloyd Cole by both Otis AND Doofster) and thank God for that (and for those other musical bullies named above!).

I've heard everything from Gang of Four, Souixie and the Banshees, Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, to loads of other stuff I can't recall at the moment, and I mean that in a very good way. It's another of those bands you could easily call derivative, but it's besides the point, cause the stuff is great. (I would say that about Franz Ferdinand, as well, though I think they are on a popularity rebound from the cool kids.. clear case of "the teenagers who love you / will wake up, yawn, and kill you".)

Anyway, what say y'all?
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

The October Issue of Being There Magazine had a feature on Arcade Fire! Check it out:

http://www.beingtheremag.com/content/0410/arcade.html

:D
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

*bangs self on head with fist*

D'oh! Thanks..!

Anyone else now?
strangerinthehouse

funeral

Post by strangerinthehouse »

this is one if the newest records that i really like. its been such a while since i found a current band that i like to listen to as opposed to buying reissues or old copies past music. there's a really good review on Paste magazine, that issue came with a sampler which had "neighborhood #2" and a dvd sample with the video for "Monkey to Man" from the Delivery Man

http://www.pastemagazine.com/action/art ... le_id=1319
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
tallulah

Post by tallulah »

Ah, love it love it LOVE IT.

I feel like it's the kind of album which makes me nostalgic for something that I don't even remember. It's just all so beautiful and the first song (Neighborhood #2) makes me cry and cry.

In the best way.
And I was happy to be alive, in a magic world.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I like it, but I don't long for it...Something about it just doesn't grab me in the way it seems to everyone else.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

This should have been available in Dublin shops today but its not. All the shops around town are too busy giving space to the REM re-issues and the new Judas Priest album instead. So I've downloaded a copy from Torrentbox, I'll buy a proper copy in a few months time when its going cheap. It's a wonderful album, joyous uplifting stuff, it fully deserved its 5 star, a rare event, in this mornings Guardian.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Gotta hear them! Canadian!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Another rave review n today's Observer: http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/reviews/ ... 16,00.html
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more