I'm off to work!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, unfortunately it's not for partying purposes, but this time it is a necessity.

Yeah, a necessity.

No, seriously. I'm so beat up, I look like Rick James' bitch. I'll be glad when the bruises go away.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

By the way, in all seriousness, let me say how sorry I am that you took that tumble and that I'm just glad you're basically ok.....the whole "I look like Rick James' bitch" thing aside. When shitty things happen to very good people, I guess.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Thanks, Vez. You know as well as I that bad things can happen to good people. Big hugs to you this morning!
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

spooky girlfriend wrote:Thanks, Vez. You know as well as I that bad things can happen to good people. Big hugs to you this morning!
Well, it's very much a brand new day for me so I have no complaints right now. Hugs right back at'cha.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

today is not oily's birthday, either. but he's a fabulous alliteratist!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

It's not Blue's birthday either! What a coincidence!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

SPOOKY: I hope you are feeling a bit better now - Im relieved to hear that is wasnt more serious! Sorry I didnt wish you well sooner but ive only just caught up with the posts on this thread!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

spooky girlfriend wrote:Well, still nursing all the bumps and bruises from falling down the basement stairs. Doc is picking up dinner again so I don't have to cook. But I still look as though I have been pimp slapped.
:shock:
Holy cow, I missed this little bit. I hope you're feeling better.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

mood swung wrote:today is not oily's birthday, either. but he's a fabulous alliteratist!
i'm a cunning linguist. and a part-time gynecologist.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Wow-- I missed that, too Spooky. How awful!! You poor thang. Sounds like warm baths, ibuprofen and cheesecake are in order!

Hope you're getting properly pampered 8) I have a feeling you are!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Thanks again dear board people. I love you guys.

It hurts to move everything on my face - even making minor facial expressions is painful. Sigh. I still managed to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies for Justin's cub scout meeting though.

I actually can't stand being incapacitated. :roll:
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

A quick recovery and best of best wishes to you Spooky! Funny how ten seconds can impact your life, eh?

Drinking a beer. Planning to immerse myself in beer and geometry tonight. Pity Me.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

I'm gearing up for EC's concert tommorow night ! I think I'll start with a giant sushi dinner with my girlfriend and then smoke a giant joint and head over to the bar where he's playing. I hope the number of geeks will be limited. Last time I saw him, on his North tour, the place was packed with boring geezers who didn't even show any emotion at all. I hope the Imposters rock the joint. I know VON O will be there..so maybe I'll see you there!
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

I will for sure :D Two friends and I will get some beers before going to the concert. I'll tap you on the shoulder if I recognize you Cope :)
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

you guys have fun.

today is not OS birthday. don't think it's his anniversary either.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

RedShoes wrote:It's not Blue's birthday either! What a coincidence!
:lol:

Hey - it's not my birthday either. Perhaps we can start a thread on who doesn't have a birthday today.

Cope and VonO - have a great time tomorrow 8) . You know we'll be expecting reviews and setlists.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

VON's in charge of the set list...I don't carry a pen :lol:
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Have you ever given serious thought to running over the supermarket bagboy with your buggy until he begs for mercy? And then screaming obscenities and stomping out in a huff? I have.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Goody2Shoes wrote:Have you ever given serious thought to running over the supermarket bagboy with your buggy until he begs for mercy?
I have but it would never work as the trolley never goes in the direction I want it to.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I just found out that my hometown was ranked the dumbest in the country by Men's Health. And I can't stop laughing about it.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2005-01-19 ... ties_x.htm
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Copenhagen Fan wrote: Do you like count them up dude???? :lol: You probably have a book with all the details...along with a dick growth chart :lol:
What's wrong with counting? Personally, I keep a running tally.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I am so happy to be back on the board, even if I have to use non-work time to do it! El Vez and Cope both made me laugh out loud on this thread.

I went to a party this weekend in a white suit with a purple grid and had a very nice time. Unfortunately, there are no pictures of the suit. Which I spent way too much money on. But it was 50% off! I coudn't resist.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

This morning I had to drive to Newmarket, a shitty town about half an hour north of here (here being a suburb to begin with, so it's even more miserable there).

Why?

Because BlueChair has been calling for jury duty. They called about 200 or 300 of us we sat around for 3 or 4 hours before about 12 ended up being picked for jury duty

But that doesn't mean the rest of us are free and clear. Next Monday I have to do the exact same thing all over again, not knowing whether or not I will be picked.

I'd rather them just tell me "You've gotta be on a jury on this day bla bla bla"
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Just finished up two of my dad's unparalleled grilled ham & cheese sam'miches. The man never disappoints with his cooking. Now I am watching Monte Hellman's Cockfighter for the fourth time in two weeks and thinking about what a great guy BWAP, who pm'd me about the Charles Willerford book and the film adaption in the first place, is.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

It took me over 2 hours to get home from work today. It usually takes me 45 minutes, tops. You would think the snow wouldnt affect trains that run underground, but no ...