martinfoyle

The Hype starts here

Post by martinfoyle »

From today's Independant
The text will follow.
John

Post by John »

The hype seems to have stalled. :(
Come on Elvis - get the single released!
Sour Milk Cow

Post by Sour Milk Cow »

Yeah, where's all the hype?

No articles, no interviews, nothing. The web site is still promoting NORTH-- good luck with that, I'm sure there are a lot of people who are going to be turned on to buying that album after visiting the site.

It looks like he's finally getting the promotional strategy he says he wanted for Kojak Variety. The Delivery Man will just show up in the shops in three weeks, where it will quietly await discovery by unsuspecting music lovers.

Seriously, where's all the frickin' publicity? Where's the streaming audio of "Monkey To Man" on the Lost Highway website? Where's the appeal to the fans to help push the album? Grrrrr!
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I know its bad when my brother (casual Elvis fan) writes me to ask why they haven't updated the site from North yet! Come on Lost Highway! Lost Highway indeed!
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Yeah, just two examples:
Paul Weller - the new album coming out on September 13 ; the single's already out and getting a lot of airplay
Nick Cave - the new (double) CD coming out on September 20 , the single is out on Monday, already getting a lot of airplay, audio and video excerpts from the album on Cave's official web site.

EC - no release date for the single, no songs on the radio, hardly any articles. Web site ? What web site ? :x

OK, I know Elvis may not care how many people will buy the new album (though I doubt it), but this curious marketing strategy will eventually destroy any chances for The Delivery Man to repeat the relative commercial success of WIWC (at least in its first week).
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Sour Milk Cow

Post by Sour Milk Cow »

Lost Highway's "news" section on their site doesn't even seem to know the title! Maybe someone should send them an e-mail to tell them what it is.

Maybe they figure that Elvis sells the same number of albums whether they pour a ton of money into promotiing it or not. It's the same bunch of people going to the stores to get these records, so why bother?

It would be SO EASY for them to update the website. Why don't they? It's a joke.
John

Post by John »

This website states "available for airplay from 13 September" and gives you a 45 second clip!!
http://zfmq.fimc.net/Article.asp?id=16774