Retro Autumn

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
so lacklustre

Retro Autumn

Post by so lacklustre »

I've got tickets to see The Proclaimers in October, and intend to get tickets for Dexy's too.

What plans has anybody else got gigwise?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

i hate you i hate you i hate you forever. :x all i've got to look forward to is Sister Hazel ( :roll: )...the downside of living in the sticks. oh wait, george jones is going to be in town...
Like me, the "g" is silent.
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Blur (possibly) on the 27th, in August John Hiatt, then Joe Jackson (with Spooky!), Jeff Beck and B.B. King in September and hopefully REM and then Radiohead in October...gotta start pinching pennies!
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I saw Yo La Tengo the other night; they were amazing, and I met Ira after the show and we chatted about New Jersey. Incredibly nice guy, I wasn't even nervous or anything. Other than that...I'm itching for Sleater-Kinney.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

LL: You lucky bugger! Id love to see the Proclaimers but im trying to persuade my other half into it. I made the ultimate sacrifice to go see Tori Amos with him but I dont think hes moving on this one!! :?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

I really want to go see Ben Folds as well, he's opening for Tori Amos...not sure if I can make that sacrifice.
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i've got tickets for the Eels, in Somerville MA August 1st.

decided i could not afford radiohead tickets. must find cheaper music.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

The Rolling Stones & Friends on July 30th, and hopefully the Toronto Star Blues Festival in a few weeks (Richard Thompson, John Hiatt, Big Bill Morganfield, Robert Cray, etc.).
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Bob Mould - August 8th

Thinking about the Sex Pistols on Aug 20th - they've gotton quite good at their instruments and they've really got their 15 or so songs down pat. 45 minutes of anthemic punk rock - nothing like feeling you've been cheated before you enter the venue.
costellopunk

Post by costellopunk »

i'm gonna try to make it to see rem in austin in september. outside of that i've gotta lotta school and work ahead of me. i can't see myself going to too many concerts.
-it takes a long time but god dies too/but not before he sticks it to you-
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Bowie Nov 26 at Wembley, hoping to God the new LP is somewhere near as good as the last, cos you never can tell with the slippery Dame. If it isn't, hope to God he plays lots of Heathen. Actually, if he plays Be My Wife, the night will be perfect. That's all I need. If it were after hearing Be My Wife live to die, then it were then to be so happy... Planning to see Frank Black in Oct (tickets about £10!). Would love to see Radiohead, but it probably sold out ages ago. Wouldn't mind seeing the Proclaimers here too. And then there's the issue of whether I make it Ron Sexsmith at the Cambridge Folk Festival.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Otis, If you didn't know, The Proclaimers are playing Cambridge Junction on 15/10/2003.

http://www.proclaimers.co.uk/

SoL
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Hoping to see Neil Young and also Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Bob Mould, eh? Cool, Boy. Paradise??
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Bob Mould used to live next door to my brother's girlfriend when he lived in Austin. I never managed to be visiting when he was in town, but he came over to her house for dinner a couple of times.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Otis Westinghouse

Cheers, SoL, yes, had seen. That's just after Frank Black. Some week at the Junction!
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

I'll be at Fuji Rock Festival with PerfectBlue and EC, Iggy Pop, Underworld, Bjork, Primal Scream etc.

http://www.smash-uk.com/frf03/lineup.html

Watch out for us in the press - PB will be sitting on my shoulders wearing a pair of chequered My Aim Is True boxer shorts with E V L I S I S K I N G (sic) written on the white squares, and a pink Diana Krall T-shirt emblazoned "Oh No ! It's Another Episode of Blonde !"

Three whole days and nights of Sex 'n' Drugs 'n' Rock 'n' Roll for some lucky people. Me ? I'm gonna have to find a good book to read.
Where's North from 'ere?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

stormwarning wrote: Watch out for us in the press - PB will be sitting on my shoulders wearing a pair of chequered My Aim Is True boxer shorts with E V L I S I S K I N G (sic) written on the white squares, and a pink Diana Krall T-shirt emblazoned "Oh No ! It's Another Episode of Blonde !"

Three whole days and nights of Sex 'n' Drugs 'n' Rock 'n' Roll for some lucky people. Me ? I'm gonna have to find a good book to read.
Well, judging from the above paragraph, you'll at least be getting the sex and the rock 'n' roll, even if the former has to wait until after the performance. :D
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Just got tickets for Paul Weller in December. I haven't been to a gig since I saw Costello at Hammersmith last year and now I've got three to look forward to. Just hope that EC doesn't announce a uk tour that clashes with any of them.
Otis Westinghouse

Shouldn't we hope for a UK tour even so? better to have a clash than no Elvis! Wouldn't you sell off any of the others to see Elv again?

That said, if he plays London on Nov 26, I'll be very unhappy (Bowie night). But then Cambridge to Birmingham or Leicester is easy enough! I'd like to see him twice on the next tour cos I've never done that and would like to see how the two nights compare.
HungupStrungup

concert madness

Post by HungupStrungup »

Fuckin' Bob Dylan in two weeks, and Tom Tom Club next month, both in smallish venues. I've only ever seen Dylan in arenas!
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"