THE RANT CORPORATION

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
A rope leash

THE RANT CORPORATION

Post by A rope leash »

Maybe they should just move to Brazil...
http://forward.com/main/article.php?ref ... 0040819155

No, he can't surrender! He must be dealt with!
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common ... 02,00.html

Dude! You put a hole in it!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/08/ ... index.html

Help me!
maria

Post by maria »

In the words of old Will,
"O what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive"

At least you've got a vote, Rope. You can start there.
oh I just dunno where to begin
A rope leash

V

Post by A rope leash »

The lesser of two evils is still evil. Kerry is Bush-Lite.

It becomes a question of whether or not I "hate' GWB. Sweet Pear got me thinking about this. I can name at least two people that I have had working relationships with that remind of of GWB. I'm just talking mannerisms and political views here. One of these persons was a unreformed alcoholic, and the other was just a wanna-be Texan.

I care for them both. Some of the shit they did really pisses me off, though. Do I hate GWB enough to vote against him, or do I feel sorry enough for him to give him another chance?

No, I really hate what his party has done to our country. I'm going to vote Kerry because I have to to get that incompetent ass out of there.

There will still be war. Kerry will make it seem like War-Lite. There will be permenant US bases in Iraq, and war with Iran someday, if not soon.

You have to know people like GWB to understand that this is actually a religious war. Don't get me started...

Here's something fresh from Kurt Vonnegut:
http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/903/

If you really want to know how I feel about voting, check out what George Carlin has to say about it...

"You can't complain if you don't vote...O yeah? Well, I didn't vote those assholes in, YOU DID!"
maria

Post by maria »

Yes, it's shocking how easily some people, ok, quite a lot of people, materialise into stereotypes. I reckon most people just want to deal with everyday personal issues and are happy to leave the rest to the ones who are paid to sort it out. Most people have no idea what power they actually have in their hands. By talking anyway you can about what's not working, you're spreading your legitimate questions further afield all the time and making people look more closely at what's going on, what's being done in their names. That really does make it harder for the politicians to do their worst. It's very inconvenient for them to have public opinion against it. They really don't like having to turn on the electorate.
I know what you're saying and I think you're right: it can only be extremely peculiar characters who actually believe "I AM THE BEST EVER. I HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS. I AM BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. VOTE FOR ME", and manage to battle their way through all the obstacles, their own partysystems, let alone the elecorate to clamber or jackboot their way right to the top. I can't imagine anyone "normal" wanting to do that (would you? I know I wouldn't!). So it's an unfotunate given then that they'll be wierdos in one way or another. The only way you control someone in power who's a little unbalanced (that is, obviously, after you make sure you vote for the least nutty/crooked one you can see on the ballot paper) is by slapping them in the face, banging them over the head with frying pans, anything else you can think of to constantly remind them that they are answerable: to YOU!!!
Go on radio programmes, if you feel up to it (they really don't like that because you reach a lot of people and create a lot of headaches for them that way. M.Moore is really doing their heads in, god bless his flashing spectacles!). Write letters to newspapers. March with banners. Or just do this.
I am remarkably ignorant about your candidates. From this remove, I think the sooner Bush is got rid of, with the least amount of chit-chat that will present him with fodder for creating more confusion, the better for everyone. I feel the trouble he has caused throughout the world is great enough that I, as a non US citizen, have a valid right to say that. I don't know enough about Kerry, except that his wife is being charcterised by some journalists as mad, unpredictable and rich (sounds like she'll fit right in to the White House) and that he fancies Catherine Zeta Jones.
Also I think he looks a bit strange. I'd consider that a plus, though. You can tell him apart from all the other grinning blockheads and it'll make life simpler for the caricaturists when HE gets too big for his boots.
oh I just dunno where to begin
A rope leash

Post by A rope leash »

:)