tattoos

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
baker1

tattoos

Post by baker1 »

I'm looking for the comment that Elvis made on his Island Records Journal site about the current trend of tattoos...The journal site doesn't seem to be archived. Does anyone have the quote available? Thanks.
Bob And Charlotte

Post by Bob And Charlotte »

welcome baker1,

sorry i can´t help you
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I think I recall him saying something like how stupid it was that the spoilt kids nowadays are trying to go tribal.
baker1

tattoos

Post by baker1 »

That's the one I'm looking for, although the way he put it was a bit more "discreet" (for lack of a better word). I was hoping to find the exact quote to help me convince my niece that it might not be the best idea to get one.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Maybe you should tell her that in thirty years, that tatt will be all stretched out of shape. An afternoon at some thermal baths in Budapest, surrounded by naked seventy-year-old women, cured me of any desire for a tattoo.
baker1

tattoos

Post by baker1 »

Exactly. But she is 17--at the age where she says things such as, "I want to be different....just like everyone else".
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Tell her if she really wants to be different, she could get a tattoo of her face...on her face. That'd be different.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

One good reason for not getting a tattoo is you can't donate blood for many years after the fact.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

It really depends on the tattoo she wants. If she is intending to get something relatively discreet on the shoulder or belly, then I would see no problem with it.

I would say that at her age she is probably not going to be convinced whatever you tell her and whoever you site on the subject.. in fact, it might not be such a good idea to quote EC as he is probably not exactly the kind of person she would identify with as a role model anyway (being from her parents generation).

I would be more inclined to attempt to convince her to be a little selective about where she gets the tattoo placed.. at least she might see that as a workable compromise.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Im a big fan of tats, but don't have a tat....though I think that I would like a crow with wings outstretched across my shoulder blades. I never understand how little girls and boys get oriental or maori symbols tattoes on them these days, when they have no knowledge or blood link to those cultures. Always like hearing about some essex girl who thinks she has the chinese for love on her arse, then finds out it means plastic or something! :lol:
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

firebetty

Post by firebetty »

i think it was in the questions and all he said was - filthy habit
but don't quote me.
cottton-poly blends are an abomination