Live EC Chat...

Pretty self-explanatory
Tim(e)

Live EC Chat...

Post by Tim(e) »

A long time ago, I used to engage in, and thoroughly enjoy, online chat sessions at Matt Riddle's
Elvis Costello Online chat room known as the Stamping Ground.

I was thinking that as the chat room is still in existence (albeit rarely occupied these days), it would be nice to be able to do this again so that a few of us might be able to engage in real-time (relatively) interactive discussions as opposed to forum-time discussions every now and then.

What say all of you?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Wouldn't there be a bit of a time zone problem...for example it's 12pm here in Scotland (and also England, but not Wales which is a four days behind) midnight for you Tim(e), it's 7am for Blue, 5am for Noise, 1pm for Cope, etc.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Well, there is always *someone* on.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

laughingcrow wrote:Wouldn't there be a bit of a time zone problem...for example it's 12pm here in Scotland (and also England, but not Wales which is a four days behind) midnight for you Tim(e), it's 7am for Blue, 5am for Noise, 1pm for Cope, etc.
Doesn't have to be a prearranged thing necessarily (although they used to have "listening parties" that at least the antipodeans and US based chatters attended - our time zones don't clash so much).

The idea was that it might be fun to be able to drop in there and bump into people that we usually only see posting on the forums, and actually interact directly... those intending to do so could always drop a note in at these forums to let others know when they are in (or will be in).
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Im happy for people to speak to me via Yahoo messenger if they want...probably the easier thing to do is for anyone who wants to, to download that, and then meet at an arranged time! :lol: Sounds a bit dodgy!

I just went into the chatroom thing...and got ignored..by the only other person in there! :roll:
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Go back in, lc, I'll meet you there.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

pssst Im in there..with someone called Notorious (the silent type)..but noone else!?
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

laughingcrow wrote:pssst Im in there..with someone called Notorious (the silent type)..but noone else!?
I am in there now and "notorious" is still there and still just as silent (it is now approx 9pm GMT - and you logged in at approx 4:59pm GMT).

I will keep an eye open for anyone else who might log in in the next 20 minutes or so.
TheImposter

Post by TheImposter »

I went in around 6 pm my time and also saw notorious...he again had no comment. :(
thepopeofpop

Yes, I recall those chats

Post by thepopeofpop »

Well, I did drop by there a few days ago, Tim(e)

Great minds? I don't know. See you there sometime. I see you were in there a little earlier.

I think notorius must be a system glitch... seems to have been there for days...
Tim(e)

Re: Yes, I recall those chats

Post by Tim(e) »

thepopeofpop wrote:Well, I did drop by there a few days ago, Tim(e)

Great minds? I don't know. See you there sometime. I see you were in there a little earlier.

I think notorius must be a system glitch... seems to have been there for days...
PoP!! Great to see you have finally joined this little community. Welcome! (Are you still living in Sydney and if so, are you going to the Bimbadgen concert in November?)

Oh, and I am in there now (time is 8:10am Sydney EST or 6:09pm GMT).
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

Tim(e) I will be going to the State Theatre show. Still haven't decided about the Bimbadgen show. It sounds tempting though
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

Chat is currently happening (well, two people)... so feel free to join in.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

I went there. Unless I messed up I am all alone. Or everyone is hiding.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

crash8_durham wrote:I went there. Unless I messed up I am all alone. Or everyone is hiding.
No, I doubt you messed up, but note that the time of your post is three and a half hours later than my post informing that chat was happening ;)
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

I also posted this message in the management section, but in case anymore misses it there:

There has been some interest in live chat and Mrs Spooky encouraged me to add a chat room to our site. It is at:

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/chat/

and linked to at the Introduction page at http://www.elviscostellofans.com/.

The chat software has its own idea of user names and passwords so you will have to register there to chat. It is urged that everyone use the same name as they normally do on the site.

We'll give this a whirl and see how it goes. Feel free to PM me with any thoughts or suggestions on how ot improve things.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I was in there....and it said Spooky and Migdd were in there, but they weren't (maybe you guys were ignoring me....naa!) I think that if you leave by just closing the window, and not 'exiting' your username remains for 4 minutes or something!
I quite like reading what everyone wrote at various times today though...it seems like evryones gone in and gone 'hellooooo? anybody here???' and then left!!!! :lol: