The Like

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
firebetty

The Like

Post by firebetty »

so has anyone else skipped over to:

http://www.ilikethelike.com ?

this would be the band that pete thomas's daughter is in. i guess they opened at one of the UCLA shows or something. my facts may be skewed.

oh they are so little and cute. god, as i am posting this, i feel like i should say - don't harrass them. they are like 18 or something.
cottton-poly blends are an abomination
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

They were the first opening act when Elvis played UCLA Ackermann Hall about 2 years ago. They were very youn and actually quite good. Three girls and a wall of sound that brought chinks of plaster and ceiling tile crashing down around stage left 3/4 into their short set. It startled the lead singer a little, but it shook up her mother a bit more, who was standing next to me on the floor taking photo's of her little girl (special dispensation from the photog police. The wall of sound was buttressed by the noticable power behind the drums. Wonder where she gets it?

They were followed by ElectroLux, and they sucked. The crowd was intolerant to their dated goth rock/cure/slow smiths set that went on, and aon, and on.

Then Elvis in vintage dance hall mode. He had not performed a full balls on rock and roll show for some time prior to that show, and It was grand ( as expected).

People walked out after the show with some very nice things to say about the opening act, the Like.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
firebetty

Post by firebetty »

thanks for the clarification and info mr. ave.
sorry about the id mix up on the last post.
cottton-poly blends are an abomination
bobster

Post by bobster »

I understand that the Like has been playing regular gigs at, I believe, Spaceland in Silverlake. Rumor has it they have gotten (even) better.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!