Your Signature

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Your Signature

Post by mood swung »

those of you who add one to your incredibly witty, charming and insightful remarks--who, what, when, where and why? I can get the elvis ones most of the time, but others...well, they leave me wondering.

for instance, my own--found it on a job applicant's resume and it just resonated with my pizza obsession. damn the low carb life.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

honey, i do NOT envy you your time reading resumes.

they must be some of the scariest things to read.

my sig is a line from a song by one of our own board members. :)
it said to me 'wanna be your sig! make me your sig!' so i did.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
Pov

Post by Pov »

If I were to have a signature, it would be following. It was on a bumper sticker on a car driven by one of the characters in the movie "Saved":

JESUS LOVES YOU.
Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

My signature is always a lyric, just something that suits the way I feel. The current one is from Lloyd Cole's song CUT ME DOWN.
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

I just came to think of this poem a friend of mine wrote and dedicated to me as a joke about me being some sort of protest singer when reading wehitandrun's lyrics and the replies in Tin Pan Alley. Also, being a singer in a band that not a lot of people listen to (with good reason) makes you feel that way sometimes. What I'm saying is, what WHAR does makes a lot more sense than the guy described below.

PS. This is my poor translation of his Swedish original. DS.
What this world needs is more silly men.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

My sig is always changing, so is my ickle facey thing as well...just cos it keeps me amused...but I like to have weird obscure things and lyrics basically....so for example, a lyric from Massive Attack (Maggie this, Maggie that, Maggie means inflation), or a quote from the one and only Alan Partridge like the one now!
I am slowly beginning to realise that Im addicted to this site...cos I do most of my work on a comp with internet access...it keeps me from slipping into insanity, that and I love you all so much. Awwwww, pass the tissues...........and the Jaffa Cakes too while you're up.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Mine was inspired by Otis's infectious love of all things Franz Ferdinand. Oh, and the huge picture of Terry Wogan in the song's video.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Did you know that Wogan is a derivative of Wodin, the anglo-saxon equivalent of Odin, the Norse God!!! Thus Terry Wogan must be a God!
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Mine, of course, is my own disclaimer which hopefully points out that nearly everything written on these forums are opinions.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Mine's from a Warren Zevon classic...........and very appropos!
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Pov, I've seen that bumper sticker and did in fact use it for a signature for a very short while. A very good choice! another bumper sticker I liked came from the carpool line at my kid's school: DON'T MAKE ME VIOLATE MY PROBATION.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

PlaythingOrPet wrote:Mine was inspired by Otis's infectious love of all things Franz Ferdinand. Oh, and the huge picture of Terry Wogan in the song's video.
Good to know it's infectious. Apparently Wogan objected to the ref to BBC2 as he's a strictly BBC1 man, which is very funny. He didn't object to the sarcastic ref to his deference and laughter.

I'm with Mug on liking song lyrics for sigs, but the current one, in honour of Bloomsday, is the closing words of the novel in question, so Noise isn't the only one with a quote from a literary classic right now.

LJ?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

The Latin loosely means-'If you're not swinging don't bother ringing.'. The French maybe incorrect but means-'Don't speak, kiss me.' If anyone understood it they didn't heed my request. :cry:
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I want to know where Dr. J's sig comes from.... and I think it's time to change mine.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

lapinsjolis wrote:The Latin loosely means-'If you're not swinging don't bother ringing.'. The French maybe incorrect but means-'Don't speak, kiss me.' If anyone understood it they didn't heed my request. :cry:
Well you'll know why I haven't rung :lol: ...

...and I'm a happily married man. There are far more qualified men than me to heed your request though!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

From the last verse on Tunnel Of Love, possibly my favourite Bruce Springsteen album. Here it is: http://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/V ... esDay.html
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

mines from a tom waits song (go figure)...and fits me pretty accurately most of the time.
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

VG-Thwarted again, for such a glorious reason. I think it's time to get my doorbell fixed or change my signature at least!
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Bamboo, Valentine's Day's on my Bruce Top 5, and as far as I know the only song from one of his official CD's that's never been played live. Go figure. I sent a cassette of me playing it to my girlfriend last Valentine's. The year before she got Steve Earle's namesake song. We live together now, so this time (Willie Nelson's) Valentine was played live. Any suggestions for next year?

Taz, I've been checking my disintegrating Bukowski paperbacks for that quote, and now I realize it's "Till The Money Runs Out." Shame that Tom didn't do the soundtrack for "Barfly."
What this world needs is more silly men.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

selfmademug wrote:I want to know where Dr. J's sig comes from.... and I think it's time to change mine.
It's an onamatapoeic rendering of the noise at the end of the music used on Countdown. And I thinks it's time to change it too. I used to use "Crying wont bring your dog back, unless your tears smell of dog food" which was a Simpsons thing and "The Key of S. Write that down in your copybook." which came from the brilliant Look Around You tv series. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/lookaroundyou)

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
verbal gymnastics

DrJ wrote:It's an onamatapoeic rendering of the noise at the end of the music used on Countdown.
Ah it all makes sense now! Unlike Richard Whiteley.
Last edited by verbal gymnastics on Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

King Hoarse wrote:Bamboo, Valentine's Day's on my Bruce Top 5
I sent a cassette of me playing it to my girlfriend last Valentine's. The year before she got Steve Earle's namesake song. We live together now, so this time (Willie Nelson's) Valentine was played live. Any suggestions for next year?
King Hoarse, maybe you could write a good one and, as part of your Valentine's Day romancing (roses, going out on a gondola or whatever), perhaps play it only once each time it comes around. Or just keep playing it to her all day... drive her batty until lust takes over.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Thanks Dr. J, I can rest easy now!

'Boo I love that quote.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

I use my signature to send subliminal messages to various board members. 8) Except to Bambooneedle, as our transcontinental psychic waves make such heavy-handed techniques unnecessary.

Not really. Usually they are lines from songs (currently 'Azure') that are somewhat descriptive of my current state of mind, or from songs that are going through my head for whatever other reason. Sometimes they are lines from books or movies.

In my case, it's random and not remotely brilliant.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
verbal gymnastics

Poppet wrote:my sig is a line from a song by one of our own board members. :)
Things haven't been the same since he learned to ride a bike have they Poppet? :lol: