Honesty is Sexy

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
chris kennedy

Honesty is Sexy

Post by chris kennedy »

OK...to hopefully avoid coming off like a complete jerk, I'm going to be very honest and upfront. This is my 1st post here. I am a fan of EC, I think he's amazing. I am the lead singer and bassist in Ruth Ruth, a NYC band. We've had a couple of major label CDs out, and just released our 1st indie. I'm here mainly to promote it. Sorry if that offends anyone. Just being honest. So if you're bored, please take a listen at:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ruthruth
http://www.ruthruth.com/news.html
Chris Kennedy :shock:
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Good Shit!
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Pov

Re: Honesty is Sexy

Post by Pov »

chris kennedy wrote:OK...to hopefully avoid coming off like a complete jerk, I'm going to be very honest and upfront. This is my 1st post here. I am a fan of EC, I think he's amazing. I am the lead singer and bassist in Ruth Ruth, a NYC band. We've had a couple of major label CDs out, and just released our 1st indie. I'm here mainly to promote it. Sorry if that offends anyone. Just being honest. So if you're bored, please take a listen at:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ruthruth
http://www.ruthruth.com/news.html
Chris Kennedy :shock:
You're here now, but once you hit it big you'll never come back. 8)
chris kennedy

Post by chris kennedy »

Hey! Not true, POV.
After I hit it big I promise to return to this forum once a year and grace it with my presence. (I believe thats a Ralph Kramden / Honeymooners line). :wink:
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

Welcome and I love it! Really good from what I've heard so far and if Jim Baio is a reference to the minor actor of yesteryear I'm swooning. It brought Any Trouble to mind and that's a very nice thing indeed.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
esquire

Post by esquire »

who is Any Trouble? Never heard of them....

Hell of a first post, huh?
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

They were a band from the 80's who were often compared to Elvis Costello. Their best known song was 'Second Choice'. The lead singer and guitarist went on to work with Richard Thompson among other things of course! Welcome!
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
chris kennedy

Post by chris kennedy »

I wrote Jim Baio about my uncle but I did a seacrh on Jimmy Baio the actor after you mentioned him...he was on some great shows!
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Really, really good stuff. I've been listening to Modest Mouse's Good News For People Who Love Bad News a lot lately and your music reminds me of it. Just really sharp, catchy and smart.

Welcome to the board, man! Hopefully you will enjoy hanging out here enough to be a regular presence.

And I promise you that I will try VERY hard not to press you for Rick Rubin stories.
chris kennedy

Post by chris kennedy »

Thanks El Vez...
ahhh, Rick Rubin.
Where to begin, where to begin?
My 2 main reasons why I wanted to be on American were: Rick Rubin & Johnny Cash. I thought any label cool enough for Johnny had to be cool. Our album on American did pretty well, we were their biggest act at radio for awhile...despite their efforts. The whole time Rick Rubin was this elusive phantom...we had no contact with him. I called him at home one time to introduce myself...bad mistake. :shock:
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

If memory serves, The Black Crowes had an underwhelming experience with him as well. Looks like your band has done a great job of keepin' on so hopefully it was for the best in terms of your longterm career.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Great sound you have there! I wish you every sucess for the future!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
chris kennedy

Post by chris kennedy »

Thanks Gillibeanz & everybody here for their open minds and warm welcome. Nice people are here, I'm glad I found you guys. CK
:)
PS my friend Mike (the guitarist in Ruth Ruth) is going to the EC show in NYC coming up...
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Hmmm.
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

I'm always late to the party...good stuff CK, definitely liking it!
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
chris kennedy

Post by chris kennedy »

Taz...thanks a lot...I like your icon...isnt that calvin? :P
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

No sir....that would be.......................................STUPENDOUS MAN!!!!!

:D :wink:
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
chris kennedy

Post by chris kennedy »

Excellent. 8)