Looking for Love

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Looking for Love

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Just had to share this. DrS showed me this personal ad in a local "about town" kind of newspaper that is distributed here in Huntsville. I'm typing this word for word - no kidding! I might also add that I don't think this necessarily describes the average guy around here, but then again I'm not looking anymore. :wink:

"SBM 35 seeking single &/or divorced woman 19 to 53 years of age of Caucasian or North American or Latino or Mid-Eastern ancestry for loving committed relationship. My likes are plain to sexy females, Catholic or Agnostic. Nerdy, IQ 112 to 114 range. Sci-Fi, TV, movies and books, magazines, crime dramas, men's adventure books. Music, tapes or CD's from 1950's to 2003 (certain songs & artists) & PPV movies. I like red, auburn, dark brown and black haired women to take out to movies and lunch or dinner date. I give so-so neck, back, leg and foot massages. I like to comb and brush hair. I do my own cooking, cleaning and laundry. I have been accused of being "too" nice to the women I talk to. I do and say the honorable thing 96% of the time. I am pro-NRA, pro-second amendment and pro-choice. My political view is 88% conservative and 36 % liberal. My dislikes are gold-diggers, bigots, bullshit artists, drug users and dealers, alcoholics, liars and cheats (love or money). I have no desire for parenthood. I also don't like babies or toddlers. My DOB 11/15/68, birth time 2:34 am, birth place: Chicago, Illinois. Capricorn. "

Discuss. :D
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Well, clearly it is a put-on, because he's a solid Scorpio, not a Capricorn.

Too bad. Mmmm, so-so massages...
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Sounds like an interesting fella

I wonder how his NRA buddies feel about him being pro-choice.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

I suspect it's a gag because this sounds way pickier than any single guy I ever knew. :)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Except for the fact that he's going for anybody between the ages of 19 and 53 in most racial categories. Except his own :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

The 112-114 IQ is pretty specific though. Its not even like 112+ . . . if youre over 114 then youre just not gonna be "the one."

And why 112-114, its just so random. That and the fact that he's looking for someone who is Catholic or Agnostic. Interesting . . .
bobster

Post by bobster »

I know this is changing the subject, but I must bring up the ever-changing face of our beloved moderator.

First, he was the vaguely semitic, curly-haired cherub. Then, the urbane hipster. Now, he's...young Bill Clinton.

And let's not even get started on the suddenly changed mien of WeHitandRun...

And I totally believe the ad is real. I shrink in embarrassment at the behavior of my fellow males. Even the IQ requirement, I understand. The guy is probably about 120. Figures he wants someone he can sort of talk over, but who would still be able to understand his love for crime thrillers and men's adventure books. Hence, the 112 bottom.

Did I mention that people who believe IQs actually fully measure intelligence are, in fact, stupid?
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I noticed this about BC too Bobster..

There is also no apparent pattern as to when he wears glasses....

Perhaps BC is allergic to Kryptonite.... :lol: :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I think 'BC' is a handle for a large collective of brown-haired males, as it's becoming increasingly apparent that it's a different one in each of his pictures. Either that, or he has some Zelig-like chameleon properties (with the latest photo taken after witnessing Clinton giving an address).
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I think the ad is hilarious. This guy could either be a laff riot or extremely annoying.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Dr S,

Can I enquire as to why you were reading the personal ads (male) section?

Huh?
signed with love and vicious kisses
bobster

Post by bobster »

BC's cherub persona has made a return...this time in skiiing garb.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

"SBM 35 seeking single &/or divorced woman :lol:

All those married divorced women need not apply then

19 to 53 years of age of Caucasian or North American or Latino or Mid-Eastern ancestry for loving committed relationship.

19 to 53....what happens at 54??

My likes are plain to sexy females, Catholic or Agnostic.

Plain to sexy...what a cheek! No proddies can apply either...bloody sectarian!

Nerdy, IQ 112 to 114 range.

Not so dumb that you won't know Captain Kirk's middle name, but not clever enough to understand warp-drive physics

Sci-Fi, TV, movies and books, magazines, crime dramas, men's adventure books. Music, tapes or CD's from 1950's to 2003 (certain songs & artists) & PPV movies.

What's a man's adventure book? Are we talking 'Biggles flies again'? It's good that he specifies he only like certain songs and artists as well, unlike everyone else in the entire world.

I like red, auburn, dark brown and black haired women to take out to movies and lunch or dinner date.

He obviously doesn't ascribe to the dictum 'blondes have more fun'.

I give so-so neck, back, leg and foot massages. I like to comb and brush hair.

He's really selling himself here...any ladies fancy a so-so massage? If not he can always comb your hair for you.

I do my own cooking, cleaning and laundry.

read 'I do not rely on my mother to do my laundry, and own a microwave'

I have been accused of being "too" nice to the women I talk to.

He has cruel friends, or meets women with bad excuses.

I do and say the honorable thing 96% of the time.

The other 4% of the time he writes personal ads.

I am pro-NRA, pro-second amendment and pro-choice.

Gun-nut patriot...but why is he adamant he wants a catholic woman if he's pro-choice? WHY TELL US THIS?

My political view is 88% conservative and 36 % liberal.

Aah, a mathematician. Id like to see his tax return.

My dislikes are gold-diggers, bigots

BIGOTS.....???? Says the NRA man who specifies colour, creed and IQ in a dating ad?

bullshit artists, drug users and dealers, alcoholics, liars and cheats (love or money).

But it's ok if you cheat at Monopoly.

I have no desire for parenthood.

Thank Christ.

I also don't like babies or toddlers.

This man claims claims to have been called 'too' nice :? .

My DOB 11/15/68, birth time 2:34 am, birth place: Chicago, Illinois. Capricorn. "