Diana Krall's forthcoming album

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.

Are you going to buy Diana Krall's forthcoming album?

No way... it's Diana Krall
25%
I doubt it, but maybe if it ends up being really good
40%
Probably. I like Diana Krall.
5%
Absolutely!
30%

Total votes: 20

BlueChair

Diana Krall's forthcoming album

Post by BlueChair »

We seem to be getting a lot of Diana Krall content on the forum now that Elvis is married to her, and I guess with Elvis co-writing some of the songs on her new album there is some reason for this. Plus there's a cover of "Almost Blue."

But are any of us actually going to buy the album?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I've never listened to her before, but I'll give it a shot, even if just to hear the songs written with Elvis. He'll probably play 'em someday live.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm going with the "We'll see." Nothing about Diana has struck me, but Elvis says that people will be surprised by her next album.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Maybe...I have heard some stuff of hers on the Performance channel, and she seems to be quite a good pianist, but her kind of music is not what I'd generally listen to.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

I only have the Live in Paris recording, and it is okay save for some of the really cheesy covers like the Billy Joel song "Just the Way you are"...

That pretty much ruins it for me.

I have to many others that I want at the moment. Unless it is earth-shattering, I'll wait for the bargain bin/cut-out version.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Toy Soldier-Scaremonger

Post by Toy Soldier-Scaremonger »

I was very pleased to hear that Elvis got engaged to a fellow Canadian last year. Since then I managed to track down all of Diana's albums as she did Elvis' after they met and I've really enjoyed all of them. She is one of the most talented artists our country has to offer and is also easy on the eyes! :)
I can't remember being any younger.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Have never heard her, but may invest if it turns out to be good. Just put me in the "wait & see" category.
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

probably, because of "Almost Blue," and because I like Chet baker, and because it was reported that Elvis performs on every track
migdd

Post by migdd »

Haven't heard that Elvis performs on the album at all but I will buy it anyway. Diana is a fantastic pianist and vocalist. The right material could put her in a whole new ball game.