get happy convert

Pretty self-explanatory
costellopunk

get happy convert

Post by costellopunk »

i used to find get happy a bit convoluted and unlistenable in the standard order and i would rearrange it in an order that made more sense to me. after buying the reissue (i only had it on vinyl) and jamming it over and over it has come to grow on me in a way i never thought it would. while it still doesn't rank in my top five i have gained a whole new respect for it and find myself throwing it on in the car quite a bit. i feel i finally took the time to listen to the album instead of just hearing it.
-it takes a long time but god dies too/but not before he sticks it to you-
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Hmmm, that's interesting. I thought it was just me! I had the same initial reaction. It took years, and I'm talking like 10, for the thing to grow on me. Can't tell you exactly why, except that I'm pretty dense and I sometimes have to listen to albums many times before I "get" them. I think I was too young for it when I first knew it, if you know what I mean. I am a late bloomer, and as mentioned above, feeble-minded!

Why this particular one took so long, I really can't say, as it is pretty easy to listen to; it's not exactly The Juliet Letters. It is now firmly in my top 5, and quite possibly top 3.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Get Happy!! was one of those albums I liked immediately, but I find sometimes I'm not in the mood for "Love For Tender" and have to start with "Opportunity"
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Wow. This post is just like the Get Happy post I made. I agree with you guys.

However, Get Happy!! has exploded right through my top five.

<3,
s.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

wehitandrun wrote: However, Get Happy!! has exploded right through my top five.
It's unlivewithoutable.
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

SSM creates another new work that sums it all up so perfectly :D
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I find Secondary Modern flitting through my brain at the strangest times..........
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I seem to find the line "She was sitting pretty on a velvet cushion" from Opportunity comes into my head on occasion.

GH!! is indispensable.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

I very frequently wake up in the morning with the chorus of King Horse in my head.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
Jackson Doofster

I sometimes wake up i the morning with a .....(sorry....*slaps own wrist* Naughty Doofster!)
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Doofster, you bad, bad little boy.

We're going to have to punish you. 8)
Jackson Doofster

nice :wink:
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Doofster is just speaking clinically, I'm sure.

It is typically for males to awaken immediately after their final REM (Rapid Eye Movement) period of the night. REM is the sleep stage in which we dream...some of us dream more lucidly than others. Anyway, a chracteristic of this stage of sleep in males is penile tumescence...a full erection. More than a few wives and female bed partners have written relationship advice columnists over the years complaining about this occurence in their male counterparts, mistaking it for evidence that they were have lucid sexual dreams about another women. A sordid slumber. But is it almost universal in males who awaken spontaneously from the final REM period of the night (not by an alarm clock, which can break the sleep cycle anywhere...not just during REM).

The fascinating and embarrassing thing for males is this: if the male frequently travels by airplane for a living, and is accustomed to taking very early morning flights to arrive at their destination in time for a full day, they are required to arise (meaning, get up early by an alarm). So they grab their things in a stupor and head to the airport, straight away. Once on the plane (airlines are keeping more rigid schedules, as you know) they don't find it hard to fall off to sleep. But if awakened by the landing while in REM, with a full blown tumescense period raging, the tray tables and the seatbacks are not the only things in the fully upright and locked position. You can always spot these guys. They won't jump up to get their things out of the overhead right away...they will politely defer. "What a nice guy" you may think, when in point of fact, he is hiding a tent large enough to fit a circus elephant. Look for the briefcase on the lap (slightly tilted to one side) or the little blankets that they pass around. After a few minutes, things return to normal, and off they go.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
verbal gymnastics

spooky girlfriend wrote:Doofster, you bad, bad little boy.

We're going to have to punish you. 8)
As long as he doesn't punish himself.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

should the name of the thread be changed to

"get happy pervert" ?

just wondering.

and, where IS cope?

(all said in the very nicest way possible. i'm just tryin' to make y'all giggle.)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Finally, some action on this board! :)
Jackson Doofster

Mr. Average wrote:Doofster is just speaking clinically, I'm sure.

It is typically for males to awaken immediately after their final REM (Rapid Eye Movement) period of the night. REM is the sleep stage in which we dream...some of us dream more lucidly than others. Anyway, a chracteristic of this stage of sleep in males is penile tumescence...a full erection. More than a few wives and female bed partners have written relationship advice columnists over the years complaining about this occurence in their male counterparts, mistaking it for evidence that they were have lucid sexual dreams about another women. A sordid slumber. But is it almost universal in males who awaken spontaneously from the final REM period of the night (not by an alarm clock, which can break the sleep cycle anywhere...not just during REM).

The fascinating and embarrassing thing for males is this: if the male frequently travels by airplane for a living, and is accustomed to taking very early morning flights to arrive at their destination in time for a full day, they are required to arise (meaning, get up early by an alarm). So they grab their things in a stupor and head to the airport, straight away. Once on the plane (airlines are keeping more rigid schedules, as you know) they don't find it hard to fall off to sleep. But if awakened by the landing while in REM, with a full blown tumescense period raging, the tray tables and the seatbacks are not the only things in the fully upright and locked position. You can always spot these guys. They won't jump up to get their things out of the overhead right away...they will politely defer. "What a nice guy" you may think, when in point of fact, he is hiding a tent large enough to fit a circus elephant. Look for the briefcase on the lap (slightly tilted to one side) or the little blankets that they pass around. After a few minutes, things return to normal, and off they go.
....and there was me just referring to breakfast in bed
verbal gymnastics

JD - I hope there isn't any lightning in the vicinity!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Get Happy!!!, indeed.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Yeah, where is Cope?
Last edited by spooky girlfriend on Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Hey Poppet, I know where Cope is... here in the land down under, and I got proof... soon to appear in the pictures forum courtesy of the ever reliable Spooks.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Well, well, well.

I think Bamboo and I have managed to locate him.

Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

hahah

The best truck-behind I can offer is:

This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

mmmm... food.