For Men Only

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Cope, one word: Nair.

new kind of matter: http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/01 ... index.html

babies crying: I'm kind of slow sometimes, and it took me until my 3rd kid to realize that the physical reaction I was having to him crying was supposed to happen. I don't mean a milk response, I mean the heart pounding, faster breathing, deeply uncomfortable what's-wrong-with-my-baby response.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

mood swung wrote: new kind of matter: http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/01 ... index.html
Cool!! Thank, Moodster.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:I actually shave my head...my chest, my underarms, my pubic hair my ass and wax my back.
Yeah, I think that covered it :roll:
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

MOODSWING: They have actually scientifically proven that a babys head omits a chemical pheromone which makes you want to cuddle and care for them. Its picked up by an organ in the nose called Jacobsons organ which is there specifically to pick up pheromones. (Its the same organ that picks up pheromones omitted by males and females to attract the opposite sex). Pretty sneaky kids huh? :wink:
Last edited by Gillibeanz on Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

laughingcrow wrote: Has anyone seen the work that (think it was Marian Petrie's group) did at Newcastle university with human t-shirt smells? They made people score sweaty t-shirts on a scale, and then looked at which who preferred.

I remember reading something like that where they had a bunch to t-shirts that various women had worn and had men smell them and determine just from the smell of the t-shirt which women were probably the sexiest. The men overwhelmingly picked the t-shirts of the women who were ovulating at the time . . .

Its all about the pheromones.

Does the chin really not have a purpose? Then . . . why?
Last edited by pip_52 on Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

laughingcrow wrote:why many women can actually faintly hear bat calls when they're in a garden at dusk.
Is this really all THAT common an occurrence??? :D
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Gillibeanz wrote:MOODSWING: They have actually scientifically proven that a babys head emits a chemical pheromone which makes you want to cuddle and care for them. ....
no way!! so *THAT'S* why i love smooching babies so much. i have absolutely no desire to be mommy, none whatsoever, never EVER have, but i ADORE holding babies and smooching their sweet little soft heads. i classify smooching babies as one of the wonders of the universe, i enjoy it so much.

dang. now i wanna go smooch a baby. but, i am sick, so i must refrain.

a link to an article would be most appreciated.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

pip_52 wrote:
Does the chin really not have a purpose? Then . . . why?
Useful or no, I'd like one. Mine's rather missing or appears multiple, in cahoots with my neck. Sigh...
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Good job babies do have pheromones working for them or else why would we bother to care for them?. All they do is shit and puke and cry and make you so tired you wonder why you had them for the first few months of their lives until they begin to respond - add that to post natal depression and there would be babies dumped on every street corner without their little heads smelling good! :lol: !

Actually I know a fair bit about pheromones. My company sells an aftershave which is laced with male pheromones to attract the ladies - it sells real well! We have masses of clients who order every time they run out:wink:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Hmm...new type of matter, I don't know much about physics, but it seems lke they're discovering a new type of subatomic particle every year...time travel is getting closer!

The chin was used as an example by the late revolutionary Steven Jay Gould, in his tirade against the belief that everything has an evolutionary purpose. People said 'the chin evolved specifically as a display feature' when it really is just the product of two interacting growth fields on the head...it's what he termed a spandrel. Something which exists as a byproduct of something else, rather than having specifically evolved. If anyone's interested read 'The spandrels of san marco and the panglossian paradigm' here

http://www.aaas.org/spp/dser/evolution/ ... drel.shtml
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Nair burns my sensitive skin!
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

laughingcrow wrote:Did you know women can hear sounds at higher frequencies than men, as an ancient adaptation to hearing babies crying? That's why many women can actually faintly hear bat calls when they're in a garden at dusk.
Mrs VG can also tell from miles away when I arrange to meet my mates for boys nights out. She can also shout at a higher frequency as well.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?