Your Christmas list

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

to recap, that would be a mid-air collision between the Trans Siberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller. Nothing to do with anybody's penis.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

correct. and let's be clear, liam neeson is, to my knowledge, a member of neither, uh, group.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Bubble hockey!

I wish.. :(
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Okay I have a long list of stuff I want (as ever, cause I'm greedy) and will get to that later. But sheesh, in Cope's defense (recall I was giving him shit about this same stuff over a year ago, but his music-related contributions make up for it) can I point out how nice I think it is to say you want nothing material? I've got loads of 'stuff' and want more. But I suspect it's mostly cause the non-material things I want are not on offer.

To each his or her own; peace on earth and good will towards man and woman....
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Boy With A Problem wrote:(I never, ever got the slot cars and now it's way too late).
Why?? I know people in your/my/our age bracket who have elaborate set-ups for both trains & slot cars...as a matter of fact, a hobby shop here in my home town sells all the stuff necessary to build your own landscapes, etc., design your own slot cars & tracks, etc.

A 2nd childhood rarely killed anyone ((unless you take it too far...say, EXTREME sports)....
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Your right Sulky. There's plenty of space up in the attic to lay out an oval. Of course I'd be playing with myself (please don't get bent out of shape Noise - I don't mean it that way) - as I'd be a little too embarrassed to ask anyone my age over to play. And I'm not about to ask the local youngsters to come up to Uncle Dave's attic to play race cars. And you really need two people for slot cars right? Somehow I don't think my wife would be there with me on this - maybe my slot car days really have passed me by. :cry:

Caution - Discussion of a potentially offending phrase (which has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas) follows:

On the subject of Poon Tang, is anyone familiar with the Treniers song of this name from 1952? The lyrics go, "Poon is a hug, Tang is a kiss, gonna get me some Poon Tang! gonna get me some Poon Tang!" - all very innocent. Of course in the cd booklet there is a picture of a can, the sort of can that stewed tomatoes might come in, that reads The Treniers Brand, Extra Fancy, Lower Alabama Poontang, from the exclusive recipe of Miss Pussy Galore - Distributed by The Fabulous Treniers - San Juan, Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston, Hollywood, New York.

hmmm - I was interested - I don't have to go to work tomorrow - so I found this out there on the web someplace -

Poontang is an interesting word. It is so far removed linguistically from what it means in English that Melanie's grandmother taught Melanie and her siblings and cousins a rhyme when they were young that goes like this:

What's my name? Pudding Tang.
Ask me again and I'll tell you the same.

Grandma was (and is!) a God-fearing, proper woman, and she would never teach her grandchildren something lewd or bawdy. She probably learned the verse as a senseless rhyme when she was a child. However, this indicates that the term has been around for some time -- Grandma was born in 1909! Interestingly, the first example of the word in writing is from 1929. That's not surprising, as a writer would have had to be mighty brave to record that word before it had become common and lost some of its edge.

What exactly does poontang mean? It has several meanings: a woman as a sex object, sexual intercourse, and probably the ultimate meaning, female pudenda. So where did such a bizarre-sounding word come from? There are several theories. Probably the most popular is that it derives from Louisiana (and standard) French poutain "whore". This is possible as most people we know who are familiar with the word are from Louisiana or some state nearby, or they first heard the word from a citizen of that area. However, the connection to poutain is based mostly on conjecture, because of the similarity of the French word to the English one. Some etymologists specializing in slang think that the word more likely derives from a Chinese language, as there are variant forms like poon tai and poon kai. One school has it coming from some Filipino language, while Eric Partridge guesses it is of American Indian origin.

Oh, we found it amusing to learn that the following statement is widely attributed to John F. Kennedy immediately after he was elected president in 1960: "I guess this means my poon days are over."
Misha

Post by Misha »

Noise,

Thanks for the defense of women, we can always use another man on our side. But, that said, I've come to realize that if it is a Cope post, there's going to be a single entendre in it.

Speaking as a woman, my eyes just gloss over it. I think something like..."That Cope" or, geez, he must be sleeping with everything alive and dead....or how sad...or, how many women have crossed this guy? Sometimes it's just funny politically incorrect stuff.

Sometimes it gets old, but I don't care. Now if I spent every day working with him, this would be a different discussion.

This is just a posting board, and we all have our personalities.....Cope's involves potty humor.

Can't we all just get along? :D
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

I was brought up on Carry On films and even I tire of Cope. But the board wouldn't be the same without him, no? Just show some more R.E.S.P.E.C.T to the superior sex, Cope. :wink:

I'd like Colin Firth for Crimbo (no need to wrap, Santa), but this post isn't the right place to say that.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Well well well...! As I said before, I can take the heat! First of all, I am sorry if any of the women on this site see my comments as degrading to them! Not my intention.

In 100% honesty, I am perverted, sex obsessed, and my exisistance is very much dominated with erotic things and sexualtity. That is a big part of my life, and I don't hide it. On the other hand, I have a black humor which is offensive in its nature, but it is not meant to degrade women. Women (my girlfriend in particular) are very important to me, and I treat those in my life with the ultimate respect. Nuf' said.

I am a sadistic thug who enjoys role play, the battle of the sexes, and being creepy and scary. Yes I do. I will try to tone it down so none of the women get offended. I usually encounter that women just blow it off or tell me to fuck off if they have a problem with me! I had no idea I was terrorizing the nice women of the Board! Sorry.

Now NOIZE....as far as you're concerned....I have no idea why you can't just give your opinion about the behavior that you consider objectional, without trying to paint me as a "300 pounder" with no self esteem, or a victimizer of women and so on and so on.....?? Why the need to get personal?
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Okay... turns out one of the things I really want does not exist.

Who knew PEE-WEE'S PLAYHOUSE was not yet on DVD??!!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

PlaythingOrPet wrote:Just show some more R.E.S.P.E.C.T to the superior sex, Cope. :wink:
You're right Plaything, women ARE the superior sex.

After all you can give life which we mere men cannot.

Being the superior sex I believe you should be protected. Which is why you should be kept indoors. And if you can do some washing up, hoovering, dusting, cooking and cleaning whilst you're at it then we men would be very grateful.

Thank you :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I think I'll prove my superior sex by hiring a male maid and making him work without a shirt all day while I supervise. 8)

Gee, hope that didn't offend anyone! :o
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Cope,

I didn't say you were 300 pounds. I said you could be. So could I. That's the nature of anonymity on the Internet. Any pictures we post of ourselves are put out there and assumed to be accurate. But the truth is, we could have put pictures of anyone up there and claimed them to be us. No one would know, unless they'd actually met. As you will probably painfully recall, some people labored under the mistaken impression that you and a certain striped serpent from the Island site were the same people.

But that wasn't my point. I don't actually believe you are a 300 pound guy in his bath robe (and I don't want to know what you're actually wearing). I think your avatar is probably really you. My point was merely that you seem obsessed not just with sex, but with letting everyone know how much you're getting, how much you're into sadism, how open and willing you are to pretty much nail everything that moves. And there is a phenomenon in human behavior in which people who go on and on about such things are often doing so out of a sense of insecurity. It's like the kid in high school always bragging about how much sex he's had with his girlfriend in Canada (you wouldn't know her), who's really a virgin. He wants to seem like a stud, and he's afraid he'll lose the respect of his peers if he told the perfectly honorable truth that he hasn't had sex yet. or like the guy who always goes around talking about how well endowed he is, who really is just average like everyone else. It seems to me that as much as you talk about your sex life, that you may be insecure. Either insecure because it's not accurate, or insecure because it is and you feel the need to justify your perversions (your word) to yourself and the world. I don't know. And honestly, I don't want to know. Whatever the case may be, I don't want to hear about your perversions. There are other web forums that are specifically designed for just that sort of conversation. Perhaps you would do better to post more about music here (which you do very well) and find another group of people who might be interested in your favorite nationality of whore when you want to talk about that (I won't begin to delve into why the whole "Mexican whore" thing is offensive).

Which brings me to the next part of your question. If I paint you as a victimizer of women, it's because I believe you are. And I genuinely think you may not be aware of it. I'm not suggesting that you are victimizing your girlfriend, or anything like that. I wouldn't know, obviously. But as I said in the earlier post, the way you refer to women as sex objects--well--objectifies women. It takes a certain disdain for women to refer to them openly as "poon tang." What is clear is that you view females as here for your pleasure. And I think most of the female population probably doesn't agree with you on that. But when you type that "nothing would turn me on more than to do really things to [Britney Spears] and make her break down and sob," you are speaking as a victimizer of women. Or at least one who wishes to be a victimizer of Britney Spears. The thing is, the ease with which you said that, or that you wanted to "slide your tube steak" into Bambooneedle when you thought he was a she indicates your lack of respect for the objects of your obsession. Both statements (and many others like them) put you in the role of one who inflicts pain on another, with or without their consent. I don't know if you actually do those things. But I think the statements are disturbing. And they victimize women.

If that's personal, tough.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

noiseradio wrote:Cope,
It's like the kid in high school always bragging about how much sex he's had with his girlfriend in Canada (you wouldn't know her), who's really a virgin.
I would!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Ooooo-- slot cars. Can I come over??
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Ooooo-- slot cars. Can I come over??
95 South - Exit 7A.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

spooky girlfriend wrote:I think I'll prove my superior sex by hiring a male maid and making him work without a shirt all day while I supervise. 8)

Gee, hope that didn't offend anyone! :o
have you been peeking in laundry man's windows?
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

what the hell are slot cars? I was too busy watching tv to actually play when I were young.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Mood, I love your new holiday look there on your avatar. Did you have that pic taken at the mall? :lol:
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Why yes, actually. Went down to GlamourShotz--I think it's an improvement, but I don't ordinarily wear that much makeup.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Is anyone else here excited that Space Ghost Coast To Coast is now out on dvd?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Mood: Oh, that's makeup? I thought maybe the red nose was just from nipping too much eggnog. :lol: The hat really finishes that look, you know. They really know how to fix up a girl over there at GlamourShotz!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

El Vez wrote:Is anyone else here excited that Space Ghost Coast To Coast is now out on dvd?
Only if Brak does audio commentary.

That's funny, I didn't even know it was available on DVD.

God Bless DVD.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Jee wizz.....Noize...I really can't argue with any of the things you say....yes I am a victimizer of women sexually. And I wear it on my sleeve. I won't deny it.....but I only do this type of behavior with consenting adults, who understand how the game is played. I won't explain how it works, because it's irrelevant. I think your response indicates that there is a general misunderstanding regarding the dynamics between women and men and what they should be!

Noize...I empower women at every drop of the dime....I worship them, nuture them, feed them, give them more power than they have ever had in their lives. One is no longer a victim in real life, when one indulges in the role of the victim. I would say, that my own behavior makes it easier for me to be a kind and loving person in my day to day life. My own crass comments are loaded with self irony, and of course need to be taken with a grain of salt. As I said before, I am sorry if any women are offended.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

You are welcome to indulge in the fantasy world in which you live, where victimization of women = worshipping them. Sounds like a giant cop out to me, but whatever. You may well have the consent of women in your daily life to victimize them. But I don't recall anyone on this board saying, "Please Cope, treat me badly. I hearby waive my rights to be treated with dignity." What your girlfriend is willing to put up with is her business. Don't inflict that crap on everyone else. You need to understand that those ideas have devastating effect, even just verbally, and that you don't have consent here.

If anyone wants Cope to speak to them that way, I suggest private messages.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare