Am I dead yet?

This is for all of your writings, songs, pictures or however else you feel like expressing yourself. Have at it!
A rope leash

Am I dead yet?

Post by A rope leash »

Hi, my name is a rope leash and I'm a web junkie.

It's been about a year since I first suspected I might be hooked. It started with a few flirtations, a search here, a link there. I was monitoring the Elvis Costello site, due to the release of When I Was Cruel, and an approaching concert I was destined to attend. My addiction became more intense when I started up with the Elvis message board, and went totally out of control when I eventually got in with the high-speed crowd.

Now, I'm totally addicted to the web, and I waste hundreds of hours link-hopping around the known cyberverse. In a way, the worldwide web is a major eye-opener. There are billions of humans, and appartently, an equal number of human points-of-view. If you don't have any friends, all you have to do is type in a few interests, and you'll find that you're not alone.

I find it typically ironic that my addiction to the web has come at a time when our country is in great danger.

I feel an almost instictive desire to protect my country from it's government.

My many hours of floating on the web have made me quite paranoid.

http://www.takebackthemedia.com/bushnonazi.html

In fact, I've come to believe that true freedom and actual truth are not obtainable by ordinary humans. I've come to understand that the corporate interests are entirely to large to influence with reason or morality, and that trying to strike at them violently (terrorism) is also an exercise in futility. Like so many aspects of so-called "human nature", it all boils down to the barest of natural laws, in this case the law of "survival of the fittiest".

If "the fittest" want a war, they get one.

Slobman of North America
You will survive...

But it isn't just the war that disturbs me about the times we live in. It's the major power-grab executed by the executive branch right after 911, and the subsequent move to a pre-emptive (or imperialist, whatever) military strategy.

People, we are going to be at war for a very long time. I can't find a speck of solace in that.

Of course, I guess we could blame my web addiction for my dismal outlook and paranoid demeanor.
http://www.bigeye.com/phoenix.htm

In fact, I think I will.

I've got to give it up. It's taking up too much time, and too much brain.

I love the Elvis message board. It's helped me many times, and I've stung it, slapped it, sticked it, kicked it, and you name it. It's like a big ol' Labrador Retriever. It just keeps loving back.

I was very touched by the sympathies I recieved over my brother's passing. This really is a good gang.

But, I know I abuse it, and it only seems appropriate to me. As Noise has so frequently pointed out, a rock star's fan site is really not the place for political arguements, philisophical rants, or religious diatribes.

Besides that, coming up with something to shock or offend this crowd is getting harder and harder.
http://www.nationallampoon.com/MoDstyle ... _jesus.asp

I think I ran off many of the posters who just couldn't handle the Doubter Of God (DOG, thanks Taz). Maybe that's not true, but we could ask cbart, Mr.Average, and Sweet Pear where they been and why.

It's an emotional thing, a message board. Folks don't like having their paradigms challenged, but I seem to take a sick joy in doing just that. It just isn't right. So, I'm giving it up, along with booze, weed, Diet Coke, and masturbation.

That's right, I'm having my hands amputated.

I plan to dwindle off into the twilight realm of my own secret thoughts, and dream of guitar notes to go with the loading-zone announcements.

Adieu, ya'll!

...and long live the king!
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Wow. If you're really leaving us, you've given yourself quite a sendoff.

I'm one of the people you've made squirm on several occasions, dear Notorious D.O.G, but you've also made me think. That's a rare quality, even outside of the "cyberverse".

The Web can snare even the best of us. I'm a fly who will miss your company.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Hey Rope, this forum is supposed to be for poems and stuff...

So what are you going to do, not use the internet at all.......? If you just decide to cut down on the political stuff or whatever (which is just bound to make one paranoid), why don't you drop in now and then? If not, I'll certainly miss ya.

Goodbye old dog (though I can hardly believe you're going), best wishes.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

ROPE: I forbid you to go! You can't go we would all miss you too much. :( Why worry about other subjects you like to air? - thats why the annex was created you mangy mutt!! And why worry not everyone shares your views? - thats called debating!

I can understand you wanting to cut down but not cut off. You have made some good buddies here with like interests is that so terrible? I suggest you rethink and ......

GO TO YOUR BASKET!!!!!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

The flea lies back on the retriever that is his universe.

He stretches out on a dander, by the brown hair forest.

He raises and then shakes his tiny fist at the stucco sky, crying out, "There is no Dog!"

If you're really leaving, I'll miss you, rope.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

SIT.

STAY.

GOOD DOG.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Rope -

Always interesting

Usually edgy

Sometimes sentimental

Never boring

Dogs know who loves them. They know they can come back home after roaming around.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

People will come and go, but theatrical memorabilia will never let you down as long as you keep it in clear plastic. - Tom Waits
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

bamboo, that is the nastiest avatar i have ever seen.

and i am NOT asking anyone to trump it. just needed to say something.

gross. gross. gross.

ARL - poor pup. you come on back sometime. i know you will. there'll be bones here waiting for your return.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Hey Rope . . . please stay.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Woof woof.
Woof woof woof woof.
Woof.
Woof woof.
woof woof woof.
Woof woof woof woof woof.
Woof woof woof.
Woof woof woof.
Woof.
Woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof.

Howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl!
Howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl!
signed with love and vicious kisses
A rope leash

Bwuff!

Post by A rope leash »

It would be a lot easier to leave if you guys HATED me instead!

I'm starting to see how "it was so much easier, when I was cruel..."

...and then what? You guys don't mind the links and photos? There's really nothing stopping me from posting a penis, you know.

'cept Taz.

An addict is an addict.

I don't usually listen much to preachers, but this guy is pretty good, and appropo for my condition:
http://www.williambowles.info/guests/mulkey.html

Hey, you should really check out bigeye.com, too. Loaded.

Thanks guys. You'll be seeing me less, but I'll have to come in and take a shit eventually.

O, and Bamboo, that post may not have been "art", but it sure as Hell was WORK!
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Hey now Rope...not that I condone 'penis posting' (can think of about a thousand more racy images I'd MUCH rather see, no offense) but I for one would definitely hate to see you go...
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I know, I know... I do like your pictures and all that, and I suspect you know but I wasn't serious.

Why don't you post a scan of your arse? just kidding.

Poppet, I'll be beautiful next time you see me, I promise.
Last edited by bambooneedle on Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
A rope leash

Dog butt

Post by A rope leash »

From what I hear, I've got a really nice one for a man my age.

I can't tell, though, it's hard to see what's going on back there...!
josie cat

Post by josie cat »

From what I hear, I've got a really nice one for a man my age.
A very nice butt!!