Yes i'd like to see him experiment more with something different again
64%
No i'd like to see the old Elvis back
36%

Total votes: 33

spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I shouldn't encourage you Bamboo, but you know good and well that was very funny.

Elvis and rap. I just don't know.
migdd

Post by migdd »

The tour of the Southern states/recording at local studios along the way concept still sounds like a great idea to us southerners! Especially if it captures the Imposters live sound!!!
Sour Milk Cow

Post by Sour Milk Cow »

migdd wrote:The tour of the Southern states/recording at local studios along the way concept still sounds like a great idea to us southerners! Especially if it captures the Imposters live sound!!!
Yes! I agree.

Personally, I'd be happy with anything as long as it isn't an album of love songs. I love North and I love Painted From Memory, but I really can't take another one anytime soon. He has the best band in the world, and he refuses to do anything but tour with his oldies! Why not take the Imposters into the studio and make a f*****g album????? And I don't mean some WIWC-type thing, which isn't really much of a "band" album-- you can barely detect Steve Nieve on half those songs. I mean an album where the band plays the songs, EC multi-tracks his vocal harmonies, and they sing 10 or 15 new songs. Pop songs, folk songs, country songs, blues songs, soul songs, whatever. Anything but orchestrated songs of lost love.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Rap is a verb, and hip hop is a noun. Rap is what you do, and hip hop is the art form. I think people identify themselves as one or the other, and that that indicates a certain attitude difference. I tend to like people who think of themselves as under the hip hop umbrella more than people who think of themselves as rappers. But it's not really 2 diffent things, so any distinction I'm drawing is fairly nebulous.

Fo shizzle.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Well, he done North so he shouldn't be doing one like that again. Some may say thank Christ for that. I'd like to hear a rootsy EC next - no hip hop, unless it's with Tricky. Something with the Sugarbabes, perhaps? What?!! That would be great!

Remember David Bowie and his foray into drum 'n' bass?
John

Elvis' next album

Post by John »

Sour Milk Cow wrote:-
an album where the band plays the songs, EC multi-tracks his vocal harmonies, and they sing 10 or 15 new songs. Pop songs, folk songs, country songs, blues songs, soul songs, whatever.
This sounds perfect. Something poppy and immediate. An album you love on first play and not tenth. I don't really mind who plays as some of my favourite albums use different musicians (Spike and KOA) and backing singers (PTC).
Whatever he decides let's hope he doesn't take A Long Honeymoon.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Time for the Zydeco album
bobster

Post by bobster »

And I've got the perfect title: "Laissez le Mal Temps Roulez!"
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Boy With A Problem wrote:Time for the Zydeco album
It's got to be Ambient Zydeco though...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
tokyo vogue

Post by tokyo vogue »

I still say he should do an album with Dj Spooky, first single featuring Sage Francis. His flow is pretty melodic, so it'd fit. Have I mentioned lately how much I love Sage Francis? "Runaways" makes me want to cry.
if we can rock together, why can't we walk together?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I've just seen on the official site that his next album is going to be called 'Freedom of the being' and is being recorded in the Candian wilds. It says it's...

''an exploration of the soul stripped bare, and will be sung whilst cavorting nude through the snow, with Elvis using only his available body parts as instruments, and communicating using only his voice in it's most primal state, screaming.''

Apparently his ass cheeks will be timpani.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

laughingcrow wrote:I've just seen on the official site that his next album is going to be called 'Freedom of the being' and is being recorded in the Candian wilds. It says it's...

''an exploration of the soul stripped bare, and will be sung whilst cavorting nude through the snow, with Elvis using only his available body parts as instruments, and communicating using only his voice in it's most primal state, screaming.''

It will, of course, be recorded in a smelt shack, eh?

-Jesus Gulls

The Jesus gulls walk lightly
On the water over thinning harbour ice.
They scrap and scree,
Over small and odd little bits of flesh.

The smelt shack fisherman is a drunken
Face of stubble and hand of knarling wood.
He wears fingerless gloves
Of shaking black and fading wool.

The smelt shack fisherman brings his gun
He waits for the day his vision clears,
There on the ice a crack and then
When bullet pierces pectoral muscle
Shattering fused spine and a gull implodes.
He'll cry! A great shot!
Twenty-two from forty yards.

The gulls will circle briefly and forgive
The smelt shack fisherman of all sin.
Perhaps they will eat their fallen friend
Perhaps they will leave it for the thaw.
They know this in their heart of hearts
The innocent have no mercy.

Scott Cudmore
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

laughingcrow wrote:I've just seen on the official site that his next album is going to be called 'Freedom of the being' and is being recorded in the Candian wilds. It says it's...

I'd have believed it but the one thing that gave it away was that you said it was on the official site. And at that moment I knew you were pulling old Verbal's leg :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

I'd like to see Elvis do a Jim Morrison-esque...Lament For The Death Of My Cock concept album.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
Smallfaces1

elvis should do

Post by Smallfaces1 »

i would like jim to do a more rootsy acoutic/rock album along the lines of king of america and my aim is true.

that would be swell!
"Do you remember rick astley? he had a big fat hit it was ghastly, he said i'm never gonna give you up or let you down, well i'm here to tell you that dick's a clown"