Format: Color, Extra tracks
Language: English
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Number of discs: 2
Rated: NR (Not Rated)
Studio: Video Music, Inc.
DVD Release Date: December 7, 2010
Run Time: 315 minutes
Average Customer Review: No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
ASIN: B00437IESQ
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #13,837 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)

http://www.amazon.com/Spectacle-Season- ... 270&sr=1-6

DVD

Product Details
Format: Color, DVD, NTSC
Language: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Number of discs: 2
Rated: NR (Not Rated)
Studio: Video Music, Inc.
DVD Release Date: December 7, 2010
Run Time: 315 minutes
Average Customer Review: No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
ASIN: B00437IEB8
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #40,506 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)

http://www.amazon.com/Spectacle-Season- ... 270&sr=1-9
Jeremy Dylan

Re: Spectacle Season 2 Release Date - 7 December 2010

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

Wonder what extra songs we're getting? If I recall, a version of Brilliant Disguise (hopefully the Elvis version) was cut. I'd very much like to hear that.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Jeremy Dylan wrote:Wonder what extra songs we're getting? If I recall, a version of Brilliant Disguise (hopefully the Elvis version) was cut. I'd very much like to hear that.

Point Blank - EC & The Imposters
Like Rain - Nils Lofgren, EC & The Imposters

Those two are on my wish list.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

I hope the running time isn't right in that product description, 'cause there were 7 episodes, that only leaves 45 minutes per episode, don't see any time for extras.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.sweetposer.tk/urbmn/index.ph ... s2-dvdblu/

(extract)

All episodes are extended
from their original CTV/Bravo! broadcasts.

Special features include a behind-the-scenes documentary, mounted by Spectacle executive producer David Furnish. Spectacle‘s DVD and Blu-ray releases will also contain bonus songs, not a surprising extra for a music-oriented talk show.
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

To heck with Spectacle, I'm rather enjoying Sunglasses episode 2 with Graham Parker! :lol:

http://www.grahamparker.net/Home.html
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

This release is delayed: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Specta ... on-2/14562

Spectacle: Elvis Costello with ... - Season 2 DVDs and Blu-rays are Coming, But Have Been Delayed
Previously planned for early December, VSC has postponed the title for now

Last month we added release listings here at the site for Video Service Corp's planned releases of Spectacle: Elvis Costello with ... - Season 2 on DVD ($29.98 SRP) and high-def Blu-ray Disc ($39.98 SRP). Amazon has been taking advance orders for this title on both formats, and at the above pre-order listings there, Amazon has shown a release date of December 7th. However, VSC has alerted us that this title is now being delayed on both formats, with no new release date selected just yet. We'll update you with the new schedule just as soon as that's available, and package art as well, so stay tuned. In the meantime, here's the available early information about the contents (note, however, that this may not be finalized and could be subject to change):
Elvis Costello's aim has never been truer in seven up close and personal episodes of chords and conversation with superstar singers and songwriters including:

NEKO CASE, SHERYL CROW, RON SEXSMITH and JESSE WINCHESTER
NICK LOWE, Richard Thompson, Allen Toussaint and LEVON HELM
BONO and The Edge of U2
Mary Louise Parker interviews ELVIS COSTELLO
JOHN PRINE, LYLE LOVETT and Ray Lamontagne
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Part 1 & Part 2

The episodes featuring music superstars Bono and The Edge of U2 and Elvis Costello interviewed by Mary Louise Parker were filmed at one of the most renowned musical venues in Canada, the Concert Hall at CTV’s legendary Masonic Temple. The show is coming off terrific ratings and reviews on CTV, while raising the roof on audience figures on The Sundance Channel in the U.S. The DVD will be released in both Standard and Blu Ray formats in a 5.1 mix.

This is a historic TV series that is a must for all audiophiles. Listed as one of the top shows of 2009 by U.S. heavy weight publications such as TIME Magazine, Entertainment Weekly and the New York Times, SPECTACLE proved that there is a substantial audience for an intelligent and entertaining program about music. It also became one of last season’s Top 10 new television series in Canada. Special Features include a behind-the-scenes documentary done by Executive Producer David Furnish and bonus songs.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Specta ... z12k3NIPPW
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
woz

Post by woz »

Not looking good for a Season 3 http://wxrt.radio.com/2010/11/11/will-e ... -building/

I hope he continues the show as I really enjoy hearing the guests discuss their musical influences.

Cheers.
docinwestchester

woz wrote:Not looking good for a Season 3 http://wxrt.radio.com/2010/11/11/will-e ... -building/

I hope he continues the show as I really enjoy hearing the guests discuss their musical influences.

Cheers.
“At the moment, we’re waiting to see whether we go forward with the same sort of degree of confidence; I don’t want to do something that’s inferior. And it is difficult. If you look at the list of the people that we did [in the first two seasons], and then you think of some of the people that people might theorize that you would like to get, well, it’s whether they would want to do it, you know? And I know that with some of the people that you’d love to speak to, there are reasons why they don’t feel right about doing something like Spectacle, or the timing isn’t right in their life and career. So I think that it’s got to be in the right circumstances.”

C'mon Elvis, you can get the guests. Take your time and we'll wait for season 3.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Some people who don't feel right about doing Spectacle? So it's good enough for Bruce Springsteen, U2, Bill Clinton but not for some others? That's laughable.

I should also point out that doing Spectacle at this stage of my career may not help my career advancement so I won't be taking your call Elvis :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

How enjoyable it is that people in USA-Canada enjoyed Spectacle Season 2 via TV transmission.

Here in UK - presumably abandoned for 'tax/George Bush reasons' - we have to scratch around YouTube/buy minimal DVD etc versions.
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
cwr

Post by cwr »

The good thing about Spectacle is that it seems flexible-- essentially, the show IS Costello, in a venue, with guest musicians. That's it. If he wanted to, he could easily do the occasional one-off special under the Spectacle banner anytime he wanted, right?

If, suddenly, there was an availability for him to do, say, an evening with McCartney or Dylan or Tom Waits or Joni Mitchell (four artists that I'd personally say are among the most glaring absences in the Spectacle canon thus far), he could just book a venue and arrange to film it as a one-time only thing.

I would imagine there'd be any reason why Costello would have to limit himself to the normal structures of X episodes per season. He could do them whenever he wanted to, whenever he could book a guest that Sundance would be interested in airing a special on. I'd imagine any of the four I've listed above would garner enough interest to warrant a special episode of Spectacle...
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Release date is now April 30, 2011: http://www.amazon.com/Spectacle-Season- ... 208&sr=1-1
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Pigalle

Post by Pigalle »

Just received an e-mail from amazon.ca saying this release has now been cancelled :cry:
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

June 7 is the new release date, at least for Canada.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/15087
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

good news ANCT! thanks!
migdd

Post by migdd »

Hope this release comes to fruition. When the original release date was announced, I erased some of the episodes from the DVR to make room for other stuff . . . :evil:
watercamp

Post by watercamp »

Amazon has an April 30, 2011 release date
migdd

Post by migdd »

Hmmmm . . . no blu-ray release date yet.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

Whiilst absolutely thrilled for those anticipating e.g. BD of Speccie 2, I/others here in UK (whence EC emanated) would quite like to see Speccie 2 on e.g. TV (never transmitted in UK/Ire).
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
docinwestchester

charliestumpy wrote:Whiilst absolutely thrilled for those anticipating e.g. BD of Speccie 2, I/others here in UK (whence EC emanated) would quite like to see Speccie 2 on e.g. TV (never transmitted in UK/Ire).
Totally ridiculous situation for you folks. I've put a few episodes on torrents on Dime and Jungleland (Bruce site), but haven't been able to do more since the original DVD announcement last year.

I'm sure this is out of his control, but EC can't be happy that his absolutely fantastic show was never aired "whence he emanated."
Deportee

Post by Deportee »

Spectacle 2 surely would be an ideal programme for the Friday evening BBC4 music slot as a contrast to the current offerings such Gordon Lightfoot In Concert from 197? Let's all get emailing the BBC.

FFS they don't make it easy to contact them - if anyone can work out how we can contact BBC4 with this suggestion, please post it. They say they want comments, but every link I think I may use tends to be a FAQ page.
Partick Thistle - The Greatest Thing
watercamp

Post by watercamp »

A crying shame!

Too bad the show's gone period but it's hard to understand that season 2 never made it to the UK airwaves.

One can only hope that the DVD will have the complete EC performances from the closing show.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »