Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Re: Wake up you footy fans!!!

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

2-1! got a bit worried there for a moment. Can't wait to knock Real out later in the tournament. KakaRonaldoBenzemawhogivesashit?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

A Flickr sideshow of my visit to the Red Bulls new stadium to pick out my season tickets for next year. Section 107 Row 4. I'm a happy camper!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30803517@N ... 2682/show/

Beautiful stadium. Thank you energy drink!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Looks great. Well done. If only I had a season ticket...
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Looks great. Well done. If only I had a season ticket...
Well if you make it out here during the season I'll take you to a game. Just a bit of a step down from the Premiership, of course, but its ours at least!
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Didn't Red Bulls get relegated?
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Sorry Otis, but I'm loving this. Come one Sunderland!!
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

trust you to jinx it!
signed with love and vicious kisses
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

No shit uh?

Stupid sending off.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Boy With A Problem wrote:Didn't Red Bulls get relegated?
We would have if MLS had relegation.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:trust you to jinx it!
Sorry mate. Quite right. That twat Anton Ferdinand stuck his boot out just as I posted. He has to be the new Titus Bramble. Man Utd were really shit though. Why couldn't they play that crap at WHL a couple of weeks back. It's a funny ole game Saint.
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

And while I think of it, what is it with Fergie's persistence with Anderson and Nani? They just aren't good enough. File with Kleberson.

Top 11 current overrated players:

1.Almunia
2. Alan Hutton
3.Ashley Cole
4. Jamie Carragher
5. Richard Dunne
6. Scott Parker
7. Anderson
8. Nani
9. Bendtner
10.Alan Smith
11. Robinho

Manager: Martin O'Neill
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:3.Ashley Cole
You may hate him but he ain't overrated. If anything he's underrated.
Otis Westinghouse

Not by Graham Taylor: 'surely the best left-back in the world' he breezily announced last week. In fact I think he might have said something even more insane like 'as everybody recognises'. He's doing well this season.

Hair-raising game. Had it on the radio, left it at 1-2, reading the worst. Huge relief to see the equaliser on MOTD, but even so, a single point at home to Sunderland, however well they're doing right now, isn't good enough. Foster is guaranteed to make at least one huge cock-up per game at present.

The Arsenal Almunia stand-in (M.. something) looks pretty handy. Anderson and Nani both have ability. I like the way Ferg sticks with them and gives them the chance to come good. Other managers might be less encouraging. In some cases it pays off handsomely (Ronaldo was a figure of fun for most of his first two seasons, flash git with endless tricks who never achieved anything), in others it doesn't. Respect.

Remarkably good stop by Carrick saved the game for us.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Nani i hopeless.
Alan Smith is hardly overrated, everyone knows he is shit.
I'd add Frank Lampard
and John Terry
Huddlestone
Ashley Young
Paul Scholes
Otis Westinghouse

Is Alan Smith still alive? Huddlestone isn't overrated by anyone I'm aware of. He's fair to middling. Absurd to say Scholes is overrated. He's not having the same level of ageing glory as Giggs, but in his day he has been one of our most lethal assets, and instrumental in setting up and scoring countless goals. The fact that he simply doesn't know how to or doesn't want to time a tackle properly doesn't mean he's overrated. Saw him at OT on my first visit there when he scored twice and was awesome throughout and more than deserved man of the match. Perhaps Giggs should be on your list too?

Or Walcott? Van Persie? Fabregas?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Well, I'd argue that as so many managers have spent megabucks on Alan Smith, he very clearly is rated by some.

Tom Huddlestone has been a great disappointment to me. He strikes the ball like an arrrow and his passsing range is sublime. Unfortunately, he has never married those skills to solid tackling and a modicum of agresssion. I suspect he's one of those players who will do much better when he moves to a club where they base their set-up around him. Capello is quite keen on him apparently.

I think Scholes has seen better days and the legs are going. He can still do a job though and he has won enough medals under the greatest manager of all time to suggest he was def not overrated! He certainly played his part in tearing Spurs to shreds a few weeks back.

Too early to say if Walcott is overrated. My Arse mate thinks Fabregas is nowhere the player that the media would have us believe. I personally think he's great...although he quite often needs a good smack in the teeth.

I've never seen the value of Van Persie and he is not rumoured to be the most popular player in the changing room.
No doubt the dutch rapist will score a hat-trick today now :lol:

Lampard has scored 109 goals in 447 appearances from midfield and he's created so many more goals. If anything, he's underrated and we'd take him anytime Chelsea have had enough. With you on Terry though.
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Always great to beat the scousers! Solid performance and now off to my boy's game.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Huddlestone overrated by Jackson - hebigupped him a while back. He looks like a donk whenever I see him.

Scholes/Lampard - both good players, I wasn't saying they weren't. But certain elements of the media seem to think the sun shines out of their respective arses, that's why I think they are overrated. You could put Giggs in the same bracket, he's been very good the last couple of years, but had some very average seasons imo.

Van Persie is a very good striker, I don't think the media have portrayed as being anything other than that. Fabregas showed today how good he is, he is still young and getting better imo. Walcott, yet to be proven, but deserved the accolades he got for that England hat trick.
Otis Westinghouse

It's all good. Chelsea and Liverpool both lose in the Prem, leaving us to cruise to the top, and Liverpool make it four in a row at home to Lyon. They couldn't write this stuff! Formidable goal machine Arse only manage a feeble draw against Dutch obscurity. CSKA ere we come! Rangers losing 1-4 at home against Romanian obscurity is a bit shocking!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:It's all good. Chelsea and Liverpool both lose in the Prem, leaving us to cruise to the top, and Liverpool make it four in a row at home to Lyon. They couldn't write this stuff! Formidable goal machine Arse only manage a feeble draw against Dutch obscurity. CSKA ere we come! Rangers losing 1-4 at home against Romanian obscurity is a bit shocking!
Scottish football is in serious decline.

Despite the disaster that is the currrent Liverpool 'squadette', I would never back against them turning Man Utd over on Sunday. :lol:

The Arse 'goal machine'' grinds to a halt against decent teams...and their defence is shocking. If Wingie doesn't sort that out , thhey have no chance of the title.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Three points in Moscow! If only Chelsea had only scraped a draw. Barcelona losing at El Camp Nou to bunch of totally unheard of Russians, I love it!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:If only Chelsea had only scraped a draw.
Yeah 4-0. Not even close!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

*crickets*

What a weekend for me. Chelsea and the Red Bulls (yes, those Red Bulls) win 5-0 on the same day (and we knock those douchebags from TFC out of the playoffs). It was rainy, it was ugly. It was the last ever soccer game in the hellhole called Giants Stadium and we spanked Toronto.
Otis Westinghouse

How nice it must feel. I had to take consolation in watching Arse throw it away for the second time in a week and City also looking deeply feeble at home. And in getting 72 in FF (with sodding Lampard as captain). When are United going to start playing properly? Can't argue with the fact that they're second on playing not particularly well, but is it going to take more than a season and probably new signings for them to get over Ronaldo?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

What a weekend for me. Chelsea and the Red Bulls (yes, those Red Bulls) win 5-0 on the same day (and we knock those douchebags from TFC out of the playoffs). It was rainy, it was ugly. It was the last ever soccer game in the hellhole called Giants Stadium and we spanked Toronto.
it was the awesome.
Like me, the "g" is silent.