Rare Audience Recordings(?)

Pretty self-explanatory
michaelwescott

Rare Audience Recordings(?)

Post by michaelwescott »

Over the years I've acquired a few audience tapes that seem not to have gained wide distribution. In one case, 4/28/87 in Georgetown, I got the tape from a casual fan who recorded the show himself. I think I have the only other copy, and I'm the one who wrote "an audience tape exists" on the wiki page. In another case, 4/14/89 in Burlington, the set-list hasn't been filled in on wiki (I'm going to get around to it) which leads me to believe the tape didn't get wide distribution. I don't remember where I got it. Maybe from Brad Kearns (anybody remember him?) Anyway, I have no desire to hoard this music, and want to digitize some of my old audio tapes so I can get them out to anybody who's interested. But this being a long process for me, I wanted to throw these dates out there, just in case they aren't as rare as I think, so then I won't have to bother transferring them. If anybody can, please give me feedback on the following dates of which I have tapes: 4/28/87 Georgetown; 4/14/89 Burlington VT; 10/27/86 Upper Darby (i.e., Philadelphia's Tower Theatre); and 6/21/91 Mansfield MA. Thanks! If nobody else has these, rest assured they will be available soon. Thanks again...
charliestumpy

Re: Rare Audience Recordings(?)

Post by charliestumpy »

Thanks for the communication/offer.

I'm sure that some Costello experts will reply.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

hey Michael...thanks for asking! i can say CERTAINLY that you do NOT have to transfer 10-27-1986 as it being one of my BEST shows EVER; although i did NOT record, i do have a cdr of it....actually runs three discs!!! i will have to check your other dates a little further to save you that time perhaps. then i guess the small question remains whether or not your 10-27 is the same source as mine. ANYWAYS, as a recorder, hence a transferer; the program POLDERBITS, for a whopping one time $36 charge makes the transfer a relative breeze. so, if you want to send one or more along to me, i will assist the good cause happily. let's see what others say about the other dates! best, benny
michaelwescott

Post by michaelwescott »

Thanks, Benny! That's good to know, since my tape of this one sounds pretty poor, and only runs 90 minutes. I doubt it's from the same source. I'm excited about the Burlington show, though; it's a nice clear recording. Last night I put the setlist up on wikipedia and even found the earliest known performance of "Chewing Gum"! He also does a truly great version of "Party Girl" which I did not notice anywhere else on that solo tour. I got the tape sometime in the mid-90s, but I don't remember from whom. Thus somebody has the master-tape somewhere, but if nobody around these parts trades that tape anymore, I know what my duty is...
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

and again, if it is a hardship...send it along and i make BEAUTIFUL cassette to cd transfers. okay, DO YOUR DUTY Mike! is that an acoustic solo CHEWING GUM? sounds interesting!
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Does anyone have a recording of the Burlington show? This is a show I that I REALLY REALLY want. Thanks in advance.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I've a copy Soul, PM me with your details and I'll make you a copy. My original came from a cassette trade so it's probably fairly low generational. I don't recall it in any way but it's on the sulky Costello list so it must be there !!
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Thanks, Sulky!! I've sent you a PM