Elvis to play Greek Theatre in LA August 18?

Pretty self-explanatory
martinfoyle

Re: Elvis to play Greek Theatre in LA August 18?

Post by martinfoyle »

Here's a mp3 of Elvis & Lucinda doing Happy

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gktuon3ykyt/Happy.mp3
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

Nice - many thanks.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
johnfoyle wrote:The pair announced that immediately after the show they’d be heading into a local recording studio to see about working some more magic, like what they created on Costello’s latest album, “Secret, Profane & Sugarcane.”
Unless I've completely lost my mind, they didn't announce that from the stage, although I suppose they could have told Randy Lewis that after the show.

Elvis did say before "Condemned Man" that it was not yet available on record, but "we're going to fix that tonight at midnight." I took that as a reference to executions taking place at midnight, but who knows...
I emailed Randy Lewis, and he says he confirmed with T Bone's manager after the show that they really were heading into the studio for a midnight session!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

johnfoyle wrote:The pair announced that immediately after the show they’d be heading into a local recording studio to see about working some more magic, like what they created on Costello’s latest album, “Secret, Profane & Sugarcane.”
Unless I've completely lost my mind, they didn't announce that from the stage, although I suppose they could have told Randy Lewis that after the show.

Elvis did say before "Condemned Man" that it was not yet available on record, but "we're going to fix that tonight at midnight." I took that as a reference to executions taking place at midnight, but who knows...
I emailed Randy Lewis, and he says he confirmed with T Bone's manager after the show that they really were heading into the studio for a midnight session!
Fantastic!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Discusion on the Jerry Douglas community board includes a report from an attendee at the Greek who said "Jerry and the boys" were headed to the studio at midnight to record "for a Robert Duvall movie".....wonder if that's where the song(s) from this session are headed?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

T Bone Burnett is producing and scoring "Crazy Heart" starring Robert Duvall.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1263670/
http://www.cmtpress.com/pressreleases/d ... ID=1000409
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »