UFOs ARE REAL!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
A rope leash

UFOs ARE REAL!

Post by A rope leash »

Next week, the Sci-fi channel will present some pretty official testimony.

Apparently, folks who worked on Blue Book and other such programs are coming forth and admitting to the cover-up

Awesome.

Pip! Did you hear about the crop circles in Clay county Arkansas? There's a pretty good photo of it on the front page of the local Sunday paper here in Hicktown. It's a nice Triple Julia, and it looks authentic. (Well, at least it did. The bumkin harvested it up!)

Feeling any earthquakes?
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

UFO's, huh? I think you have even more faith than I do.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
A rope leash

The possibilities are endless...

Post by A rope leash »

I'm just really bored with everything, and I find the idea of an intelligent, visiting alien life form to be rather intriguing, to say the least. It would certainly explain the amazing explosion of electronic technology over the past fifty years.

Maybe these guys are how we managed to keep from blowing ourselves to smithers with the nuclear stuff.

The thing that gets me about these crop circles is how perfect they are, at least the ones suspected of being unexplainable. This one down in Arkansas is in a place I frquently pass through, and I know I can't even drive though there in the middle of the night without picking up a sherrif's deputy. How could someone have made such perfect art in a skeeter-field in the pitch black of night and not drawn attention?

It's a beautiful tri-spiral made with three legs of three successively smaller circles, raking out from a larger circle in the center. Classic.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

I hadnt heard about that one. Though there *was* an earthquake here (a very small one) not all that long ago . . .

Interesting . . .
tokyo vogue

Post by tokyo vogue »

my mom's a UFO fanatic. she's got an entire bookcase full of books on 'em. she also suscribes to Fortean Times, which is quite possibly the most kick-ass magazine ever.

she says she saw a flying saucer when she was in college. who knows.
if we can rock together, why can't we walk together?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

UFO's are definately REAL......as I lay in a drug induced haze last night, a suddenly woke to find that I had been probed by a strange object and when I got out of bed, I noticed a strange neon green metalic light was shining out of one of my more sensitive oraficies.......

THEY HAD LARGE HEADS AND BIG EYES....and small gray/greenish bodies.....and chanted "uuunga buuunga, uuunga buuunga" in a mechanical voice.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

You gotta keep an open mind - its my view that there is something out there somewhere - just too many light years away for us to be able to see it! Why should we be the only ones to exist?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Maybe Saddam is an alien, and he's returned home taking all the W of MD with him. That would explain why they haven't been found yet! :lol:
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:UFO's are definately REAL......as I lay in a drug induced haze last night, a suddenly woke to find that I had been probed by a strange object and when I got out of bed, I noticed a strange neon green metalic light was shining out of one of my more sensitive oraficies.......

THEY HAD LARGE HEADS AND BIG EYES....and small gray/greenish bodies.....and chanted "uuunga buuunga, uuunga buuunga" in a mechanical voice.
Cope, I think maybe some frat-boy buddies of yours just got a little carried away.
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Sounds like Cope fell asleep after watching that episode of South Park where Cartman had his encounter with aliens. :lol:
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

well well well...I just found a bottle of chloroform in my girlfriend's closet!!! PAY BACK is a bitch.......... :lol:
A rope leash

Thy Day the Earth Stood Still

Post by A rope leash »

The UFO that I usuaally see is a small silver cigar. Sometimes two or three of them. I'm always alone, and after a few moments they simply disappear.

I live a couple of hours away from the confluence of the Mississippi and Ohio rivers. Pip lives over there on the other side of it. Back in the early 1800s, there was an earthquake here that literally shook bells in Philadelphia. It is estimated to have been an 8 on the scale. The Mississppi river was actually diverted due to large movements of earth at the surface. The history of it is really spectacular, as severe tremors continued for months, absolutley terrifying the populace, many of whom believed it was the Second Coming.

People are refusing to shut up. Folks who have run these covert cover-up operations are now saying that there are secret facilities for the handling of UFO hardware and personell. That's right, Roswell did happen. They covered it up. This is history.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Hey Rope....Did you really see UFO's???? I thought you were kidding with regards to your comments on the Discovery Channel. I actually have watched a lot of the programs on UFO's and found them interesting to say the least...until their conclusions, which usually say..." Well, it is interesting but we really don't know".

Have you read the book "Communion"....it was too scary for me to finish.
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

There are a lot of ufo sightings here in Chile, mostly around the Atacama Desert. I've seen myself a couple of times some strange lights at night (sober I mean), but to be honest I don't care if they were ufos or not.
I saw this astrononomy documentary a while ago, there are a lot of observatories in the Atacama desert because of the clean skies all year, and they asked this astronomer if he believed in ufos, and he said something like this: "we are looking at the skies all day and all night, all year, and we've never seen something we haven't identified".
que no panda el cunico
A rope leash

They could be looking past it

Post by A rope leash »

Idle, what about the Inca roads?

Maybe the creatures are from the future, and not extraterrestrial.

I don't know if what I saw was unidentifiable, I was never that close. They were there, then they were gone.

I just think it's fascinating to think about the human response to having another inelligent life form thrown into the mix.

Really, I think it would do us good to get our asses kicked...
idle hands

Re: They could be looking past it

Post by idle hands »

A rope leash wrote:Idle, what about the Inca roads?
you mean Nazca?? I truly believe that all those "mysteries", Nazca, moais at Easter Island, the pyramids, etc, etc, were made by men. I've always felt fascinated by the things that humanity can acomplish, I'd actually felt very dissapointed if I knew for certain that "men from the future" or "extraterrestrials" had to do anything with these mysteries.

A while ago I read this old interview with our beloved pianist Claudio Arrau, talking about how didn't feel the need to believe in God, he had enough fascination with the work humanity had done for the sake of love. He mentioned Beethoven or Bach for that matter I think. I feel the same way.

BTW, we just had a small earthquake, nothing serious, just the usual, but I'm at floor 10 here at work... it felt it lasted forever :shock:
que no panda el cunico
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Glad you're okay Idle and that the earthquake wasn't more serious!!!

If you all haven't already try checking out Vonnegut's book 'Sirens of Titan'...love the way it explains/accounts for some of the great events or accomplishments of human history.

Also maybe check out Little Green Men by Christopher Buckley, another very interesting and funny story.
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
A rope leash

...and it shook me

Post by A rope leash »

One of my favorite books, Taz, the Sirens of Titan.

It's very hard to run away from an earthquake. I've felt some good jolts in California, and even some here years ago. It really makes a person feel helpless.

What you need is a heavy steel desk to get under...
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Jeez, Idle - glad you're okay! A few weeks ago the news reports said we had one here that registered like a 4, I think. I am normally a light sleeper, but I suppose I was tired that night. The next morning all the neighbors were talking about how it woke them up. I must have slept through it all.

I did have a few drinks the night before. :o
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

It wasn't that small after all, just read it was 6.2 Richter, but like 300 kms away from here, but nothing serious happened. We had a smaller one an hour later.

We were just talking about what to do in case of a big one with my boss, and we agreed this is just like when you get on an airplane, there's absolutely nothing you can do besides staying away from windows and from things thay may fall. No need to run, or going downstairs (it's probably more dangerous).

I've been on really big ones, last big one was 1985, 7.3 Richter here in Santiago... curiously the earthquake itself it's not as scary as knowing for sure that you're going to have another big one coming soon (what's the right word for réplica? retort?).
que no panda el cunico
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I think most UFO's can be accounted for as experimental government aircraft, or other scientific data-gatherers (weather balloons, etc.). People seem to overlook that these sightings are usually in the middle of nowhere but not far from air force bases. And the governement is tigh-lipped about it...because they're testing classified weaponry.

The crop circles are hoaxes. Even the really elaborate ones are pretty easily doable by humans. This has all been pretty well documented.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Aftershock?

I have been through a few earthquakes, and it's funny that you mention running, because that was always my first instinct. But it was always over before I could decided where to run....
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

YES!! Aftershock!! that's the word.
Yup, aftershocks are way scarier than the earthquake itself.
My first reaction is not running, I just look up to see what might fall on my head. Then I run!!
que no panda el cunico
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

We had an earthquake when I lived in Missouri--a pretty good house shaker as I remember. My sister thought it was a tornado, so she ran to the hall. Then she told me to go open the windows on the east side of the house...ok, first she's older than me, her legs weren't broken, and I had more to live for, so I said no. But that was the last place I expected to be in an earthquake...of course I later learned about the New Madrid fault and Reelfoot Lake and all the rest of it. The moral of the story is: you just never know.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Seems like I've spent most of my life on the Pacific Rim, have been in too many minor quakes to describe them all. The best were when I was living in Anchorage, Alaska...basically, small quakes all over the state on a daily basis, so you got to the point where you noticed them, but didn't really "freak".

There were several times when, sleeping on the floor of our basement apartment, you'd wake up in the middle of the night because you knew you'd just hit the floor after about a 3 or 4 inch drop.

I worked on the 13th floor of the Denali Towers building, built like one of those Tokyo Hotels (storm?), so the building kind of "gives" with the quake. Wrap-around floor-to-ceiling windows of some sort, the venetian blinds and the landscape below kind of rockin' & rollin'...

Good thing I don't get seasick.

Then you have the beauty of Aurora Borealis quite often...yes, I know they're not UFO's, but they DO make you wonder.

8)
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."