Marianne Faithfull @ Letterman Show on March 31, 2009

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
faithfull

Marianne Faithfull @ Letterman Show on March 31, 2009

Post by faithfull »

Attachments
EasyComelivepcsm.jpg
EasyComelivepcsm.jpg (26.32 KiB) Viewed 8491 times
BlueChair

Re: Marianne Faithfull @ Letterman Show on March 31, 2009

Post by BlueChair »

Hey - easy on the Marianne Faithfull updates. Maybe stick to one thread if you must?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

I am a new member to your community but have read with curiosity over the years from the sidelines. Though not a "big" fan of Marianne Faithful I will admit to owning and playing several of her albums in the past. I fully comprehend that this is a site primarily devoted to Elvis Costello however, it is nice to see that someone has tried to broaden the subject manner in the "Annex". I would agree that more than one active thread to this particular artist and ancillary acts like Allison Moyet and Kate Bush does seem excessive. Perhaps as a compromise, the Moderator of this site could condense all the existing Faithful threads into one-this way Ms. Faithful may continue to post her thoughts on an artist she clearly admires and the remaining posters would be less annoyed that the site is filling up with successive posts relating to the same general topic.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
alexv

Post by alexv »

Welcome aboard, Christopher. You make a sensible suggestion. In an exchange with WSS, Faithfull provided a partial list of favorites and I fear that unless bc follows through on your suggestion we may be treated to threads on Liza, Barbara, Edith, Cher, and possibly Judy Garland. Could a discussion of the merits of the latest revival of "Guys and Dolls" be far behind? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Thank you for the welcome, Alex. As a previous observer of this site, I have noted a distinct interest by members in the recent TV program Spectacle, featuring the star of this site. One of the highlights of the past season was the program which featured Rufus Wainwright as his guest. If one indulges in a small game of six degrees, one can easily lead back to Elvis with his declared appreciation for both Rufus and his recent album recreating Judy Garland's famed Carnegie Hall show-so your suggestion re: Ms. Garland would not be far off- in fact one can imagine many comparable threads given that Elvis is such a polymath--and that does not even begin to tap into the associations related to Mrs. Costello-Elton, David Furnish, the list could go on. Just having fun playing with the notion.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'