Poppet

EC Tribute Show report

Post by Poppet »

EC covered by numerous folks:

http://www.lizardloungeclub.com
Lizard Lounge, Downstairs at Cambridge Common Pub, Cambridge MA USA

Saturday, 2/28/2009
The Cover-Up with Brendan Boogie
guest vocalists included: Ad Frank, John Powhida, Scott Janovitz, Bo Barringer, and Dylan Connor
plus sets by:
Blizzard of 78 / One Happy Island / The Rationales / The Beau Roland Band / Ryan Schmidt

got to this show - yay!!! and got a ride, so i could stay for the whole thing (damned stupid subway closes too damn early).

highlights were Blizzard of 78 and The Rationales, and Brendan Boogie w/ guest vocalists, including a gorgeous version of Brilliant Mistake.

i didn't keep a set list, sorry.

place was packed, but the club is rather small. college crowd, seemed to be friends of all the bands. the vocalist on Brilliant Mistake drove up from CT to do just the one song. i can appreciate that kind of crazy.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
just a lackey

Re: EC Tribute Show report

Post by just a lackey »

I stayed for a couple sets. The Beat and High Fidelity as performed by The Rationales (I think) were really solid. Lots of misheard lyrics throughout everything I heard, but very tight musically.
johnfoyle

Re: EC Tribute Show report

Post by johnfoyle »

http://madison.decider.com/events/lip-s ... ute,81913/

High Noon Saloon
701 E. Washington Ave.
Madison WI 53703
608-268-1122
21 and over $5

Thu. May 7, 5:30 p.m.

Local singer-songwriter Sean Michael Dargan’s been working Elvis Costello songs into his shows for years, but here he dedicates two whole sets (of about 15 songs each) to the man’s early work, complete with a band arranged in the raucous style of Costello’s former backing band The Attractions. The night’s first set will draw from those two classics of snotty young manhood, My Aim Is True (recorded before Costello assembled The Attractions) and This Year’s Model. The next will follow Costello all over the map with selections from Armed Forces, the soul explosion Get Happy!!, and the ambitious Trust and Imperial Bedroom. If Dargan and band’s energy matches the smartly conceived setlist, this should be a thoroughly entertaining happy hour.