Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis does another corporate show, San Fran. Sept. 25th

Post by johnfoyle »

http://cronyogitect.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... n-san.html

9/26/08

The new Academy of Sciences in San Francisco

(extract)

There is too much going on this weekend in the city. The Academy of Sciences is opening to the public. Here are some pictures taken by Chris Appicella, who went to an opening event last night. Elvis Costello played.
Last edited by johnfoyle on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
MOJO

Re: Did Elvis do another corporate show, San Fran. Sept. 25th?

Post by MOJO »

I definitely agree that there is way too much going on in SF this weekend. The Academy has free admission tomorrow. I'm all over it. There is a Blues Festival (all weekend) and the Seva Foundation concert on Sat. Also, a Bread & Roses benefit concert on Sunday with Bonnie Raitt and "special guests". I wonder if E.C. will pop up anywhere else?? Also, Wayne Shorter at Yoshi's next week.. Damn, way too much to do.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Apparently he did! There is a nice video up on YouTube of Alison, from this show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mok-fhL6cTg

Dave
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I missed this one. I guess I wasn't on the "cool" invite list. I was partying in Pt. Reyes last weekend and someone mentioned the Academy and Elvis Costello but I didn't put the two together. I guess I should have asked more questions about it, but there was a lot of oyster shucking and drinking going on at the time.
always dancing

Re: Elvis does another corporate show, San Fran. Sept. 25th

Post by always dancing »

I watched that video and noticed Elvis was chewing gum and singing. During the one Spectacle taping I noticed this also. I don't recall Elvis chewing and singing before. New habit. Seems hard to do.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

always dancing wrote:I watched that video and noticed Elvis was chewing gum and singing. During the one Spectacle taping I noticed this also. I don't recall Elvis chewing and singing before. New habit. Seems hard to do.
Why would he do that? Chewing gum is for children, not for adults who are 54 years old!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

DAVE FOO GROHL chews gum and sings all the time, but NEVER saw EC do it!!!
CostelLover

Post by CostelLover »

sweetest punch wrote:
always dancing wrote:I watched that video and noticed Elvis was chewing gum and singing. During the one Spectacle taping I noticed this also. I don't recall Elvis chewing and singing before. New habit. Seems hard to do.
Why would he do that? Chewing gum is for children, not for adults who are 54 years old!
What's wrong with adults chewing gum? It helps keep one's breath fresh, and many dentists even recommend chewing sugarless gum after a meal if one doesn't have easy access to a toothbrush.

Anyway, a lot of singers chew gum because it helps keep their mouth hydrated. (I agree that it seems hard to do, though ~ I'd either choke on it, or inadvertantly spit it out while in the middle of a song :lol:) When I saw EC in July, he definitely was working on a stick during his set.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Hendrix was the best at chewing gum while playing and singing.
always dancing

Post by always dancing »

I just found it distracting like a cow chewing. I couldn't just enjoy watching the beauty of Elvis.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I remember seeing Elvis sing Radio Sweetheart on a TV show called The White Room and he was chewing gum (or at least looking like he was chewing gum) at the end of the song when they panned the camera on him for about 10 seconds. Not nice to look at.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?