'Lost Highway will release Momofuku from Elvis Costello'

Pretty self-explanatory
bambooneedle

Re: 'Lost Highway will release Momofuku from Elvis Costello'

Post by bambooneedle »

Fishfinger king wrote:As far as Momofuku is concerned then surely the vinyl release first is just a gimick? If EC was serious that vinyl was better, then a CD version would not be released at all - or at least a gap of a couple of months with good vinyl distribution first.
I think the vinyl-first is mainly a smart strategy to ensure that the influential initial buzz is a positive one, because who else would buy it on vinyl now in lieu of the cd a bit later except dead keen fans who are going to rave about it.
Last edited by bambooneedle on Thu May 01, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

The legitimate download works fine here in Dublin. One hitch is that the tracks need to be numbered, which should be done to appreciate the very effective sequencing, otherwise you'll burn the tracks in alphabetical order.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I have to say that I am really looking forward to this. I've had so many health problems the past few months and, to quote another famous group of musicians, "it's been a long cold lonely winter." Now, here spring is and things are green, I am feeling better and Elvis has a new album.

Here comes the sun. It's alright.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

martinfoyle wrote:Here's a live version of the album made from the Apr 23 Ryman torrent

http://tinyurl.com/6f8zan
Spooky had it playing this morning as I woke up. How do you download from there? Do you have to save them one at a time?

I really wish we could have made the Ryman. We missed EC and Joe Jackson last week. :(
migdd

Post by migdd »

Unfortunately you have to download them one at a time. The "check" feature doesn't work for downloading,
Lester Burnham

Post by Lester Burnham »

For those of you wondering if the download will work in other countries other than America, the page says this:

"*Despite the message on the card, you will be able to download Momofuku from outside the US."

Martin already alluded to that, but I thought I'd clarify. 8)
baptiste

Post by baptiste »

yep, it does work in France....I guess that, somehow, this all scheme is designed to make us understand the importance of sound, and that there's no f@@@@@@ing way that a mp3 could sound like a vinyl....
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

migdd wrote:Unfortunately you have to download them one at a time. The "check" feature doesn't work for downloading,
I just clicked on "Download Album". Worked fine, and sequencing of the tracks was correct. Needed to import the artwork.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
bobloblaw

Post by bobloblaw »

Hello all - my first post.

I seem to be out of luck when it comes to the digital download. I clicked Download Full Album and nothing happened. To be sure I tried a few times. I closed the browser and reopened and now when I try to use my code it says that the "Code already used or has reached its limit."

Anyone have any suggestions? I already emailed the help address at the bottom but haven't heard back yet.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

bobloblaw wrote:Hello all - my first post.

I seem to be out of luck when it comes to the digital download. I clicked Download Full Album and nothing happened. To be sure I tried a few times. I closed the browser and reopened and now when I try to use my code it says that the "Code already used or has reached its limit."

Anyone have any suggestions? I already emailed the help address at the bottom but haven't heard back yet.
Are you sure it didn't download it somewhere other than your desktop? Only other option is to wait for help to reply, unless someone has a download they don't want to use that they can give you.
bobloblaw

Post by bobloblaw »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Are you sure it didn't download it somewhere other than your desktop? Only other option is to wait for help to reply, unless someone has a download they don't want to use that they can give you.
I'm pretty sure it was an error with the javascript they use to work the download button. I was just kind of checking to see if anyone else had a similar experience. Thanks.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

The few tracks Ive heard sound just what the doctor ordered. Sounds like this could be his best since Brutal Youth, I shall of course buy the CD when it comes out but who can hook a brother up in the meantime ?
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
The Walrus

Post by The Walrus »

Does anyone know if there will be bonus tracks on iTunes or the Japan release or whatever release?
GOO GOO GOO JOOB...

("No you're not" said Little Nicole)
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Mike Boom wrote:The few tracks Ive heard sound just what the doctor ordered. Sounds like this could be his best since Brutal Youth, I shall of course buy the CD when it comes out but who can hook a brother up in the meantime ?
Christ, where have you been Mike?
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

bobloblaw wrote:Hello all - my first post.

Hey - What web browser are you using? Did you try to kill / delete your cookies and then reload your browser?
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

HMV.co.uk despatched CDs yesterday Mayday ...
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

by Who Shot Sam? on Thu May 01, 2008 10:08 pm

Mike Boom wrote:The few tracks Ive heard sound just what the doctor ordered. Sounds like this could be his best since Brutal Youth, I shall of course buy the CD when it comes out but who can hook a brother up in the meantime ?

Christ, where have you been Mike?
This time of year is my busy season at work, 10 hour days, working weekends, daily whippings, shackled in the dungeon for hours etc. so not much time to post really. Its over now thank God.

This album sounds fucking great , I have a couple of MP3 s , but anyone know where you can "shhh, hush, whisper ...downloand..." the whole thing?
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
strangerinthehouse

Post by strangerinthehouse »

This just showed up on a brazilian blog. It looks very spare, maybe without a booklet.
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Okay, I know I've been out of it for a while, but could someone tell me what "Momofuku" is, or do any of you know? Or is it actually anything at all?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

spooky girlfriend wrote:Okay, I know I've been out of it for a while, but could someone tell me what "Momofuku" is, or do any of you know? Or is it actually anything at all?
Many speculated that it was named after a popular New York restaurant, but Elvis says on his website that:

Number One, on Page One of daft interview questions is, "Why is it called "Momofuku"?

Well, obviously the title is a tribute to Momofuku Ando, the inventor of the Cup Noodle. Like so many things in this world of wonders, all we had to do to make this record was add water.

Now, I understand that there is also a fancy eatery in New York City that has made the same connection with Ando-San. So, just in case anybody is inclined to mistake our record for something edible, we've added a disclaimer to the record jacket. I like saying, "record jacket" again.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Very interesting Blue!

From Wikipedia:

Momofuku Ando (March 5, 1910 – January 5, 2007) was the Taiwanese Japanese founder and chairman of Nissin Food Products Co., Ltd., and the inventor of world's first instant noodles and cup noodles. He was dubbed as Mr. Noodle and The Noodle Papa.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

strangerinthehouse wrote:Image

This just showed up on a brazilian blog. It looks very spare, maybe without a booklet.
There's not much documentation in the vinyl version either, so no surprise.
John

Post by John »

charliestumpy wrote:HMV.co.uk despatched CDs yesterday Mayday ...
Dear JOHN

Your order is in the post, and should be with you soon. In case you need them, here are the details:

Qty Format Artist Title Price Estimated Delivery
1 CD COSTELLO, ELVIS MOMOFUKU £8.99 2-5 days

:D :D
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

XM has done a pretty good job at promoting Momofuku. I've heard them play "Harry Worth" and "Mr. Feathers," and they also commented after playing Johnathan Rice that ("he and Jenny Lewis are also all over the new Elvis Costello record")
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.