Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
colrow26

Re: Wake up you footy fans!!!

Post by colrow26 »

So lacklustre wrote
[quote][/quote]In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Munich air crash in which seven Man U players died, I bring you the 2008 Munich air crash game. All you have to do is name the seven current Man U players that you would choose to die if there were a 2008 repeat.

I go for:
1. Ronaldo
2. Nani
3. Neville
4. Giggs
5. Scholes
6. Rooney
7. O'Shea

What the fck is all this about - congratulations SL you are indeed a w*nker of the highest order!
...I want him to hurt...
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Sam, I just expect him to be Super Boy. I thought he looked a little lost at times, and that is to be expected. Can't say anything good about Moor or Corrales either. But Bobby ConVAY - jesus. Slow and Stupid has a new poster boy.

Mostest looked good when he wasn't showing off. :lol: That GOAL was awesome.

I don't know what it was called but that 3D analysis thingy was way cool.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

colrow26 wrote:So lacklustre wrote
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Munich air crash in which seven Man U players died, I bring you the 2008 Munich air crash game. All you have to do is name the seven current Man U players that you would choose to die if there were a 2008 repeat.

I go for:
1. Ronaldo
2. Nani
3. Neville
4. Giggs
5. Scholes
6. Rooney
7. O'Shea

What the fck is all this about - congratulations SL you are indeed a w*nker of the highest order!
No sense of humour in manc land? At least I know how to use the quote function.
signed with love and vicious kisses
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

as long as you don't quote yourself, k?

can we get that down as a board rule that there's like one time when it's ok? when you are RIGHT and nobody else knows it?
or maybe when something's fallen into stagnation and suddenly becomes relevant - but of course, a BUMP would suffice there.

maybe we need a vote. feel free to start a poll.

p.s. to Sam

I just re-watched. (writer's strike, no new netflix). Corrales not as bad as I thought. I liked him v. Sweden, but that was a much slower game. Drew Moor - worse. Benito looked pretty good for a guy who's not playing. My problem with Jozy is that it seemed he was either walking or jogging. He's 18 freakin' years old - Frankie Hejduk has better fitness!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:My problem with Jozy is that it seemed he was either walking or jogging. He's 18 freakin' years old - Frankie Hejduk has better fitness!!
He seemed to be working fairly hard from what I could tell. I thought the midfield did a really poor job of keeping the ball. No big deal. MLS is in the middle of the off-season, the Mexican league is in full swing and they still couldn't beat us in the States, even in Texas.

How about Bradley, eh? Even though he looked tired against Mexico, he's lighting up the Dutch league at Heerenveen.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

He's awesome. I didn't think he ever looked tired, just reckless once or twice. I'd like to see him and Benny in the midfield.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Whoo hoo! - looks like im through to the 9th round of the Fantasy footie cup and possibly the only one in our league still in it? :shock:

Down to the last 6,000 then and will probably be knocked out in the next round! :(
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Looks like I'm out after a shit weekend. To add injury to insult, I kept Benjani after his transition from Portsmouth, but left the bastard on the bench (with my avatar-hero as captain, of course). Grrr. I've slipped out of the top 5,000 (out of 1.6m) that I was enjoying being in. Sodding Arsenal, with Chels/Liv making Wenger's weekend. So United only lose when Rooney isn't playing. Interesting stat.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

I really enjoyed seeing a team lining up with no sponsorship on their shirts, numbered 1 to 11 - a real throwback.
Very kind of Manure to also offer a glimpse of their mid-70s form - the Man City fans deserved it.
5 points, eh, who'd've thunk it!
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
Otis Westinghouse

Shame the mascots still had AIG shirts on! Maybe Ronaldo played so badly as he couldn't bear the idea of his name not being on his back. City fans did themselves proud.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Oscar Etcheverry (or Etcheverri) to RBNY.

I think I like that very much. More Colombians, more good.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:Image

Oscar Etcheverry (or Etcheverri) to RBNY.

I think I like that very much. More Colombians, more good.
Cool with me. Hopefully he will link up well with Angel and provide some cover if (when?) Altidore leaves. We also have the T&T defender Atiba Charles on trial. That's really where we need to strengthen - at the back and maybe add an attacking MF, 'cause Reyna doesn't have a creative bone in his body.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

My thinking: trade everybody except Mendes, JPA, Parke, Dema and Jozy for Brad Guzan. That's all we need. :lol:
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Can't you guys start a 'soccerball' thread to discuss 'trades'.....whatever they are? :?
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Can't you guys start a 'soccerball' thread to discuss 'trades'.....whatever they are? :?
Snob!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Not at all. I just think you two are a little off topic. :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

And I think you are just a little off. But fine, soccerball will not be discussed further by me.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I was only kidding :(
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:I was only kidding :(
I was too.

It's not as if this forum is overrun with posters at the moment. No harm in a little soccerball talk as the season approaches. And my Red Bulls may be playing Real Madrid this season, which would be very nice indeed. We'll get slaughtered, but it could be fun to watch. And my tickets will be free! Not an extra dime to see Van Nistelrooy, Robinho, Casillas, Cannavaro, Guti, Raul, and Robben and his doctor. How sweet would that be?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

What? No gloating from Otis?!?

He must know in his heart of hearts that he'll get spanked by Chelsea at some point. :lol:
Otis Westinghouse

GLOAT! Liverpool lose at home to Barnsley and then we wipe the floor with Arse, what a fabulous afternoon. When Huddersfield equalised it was hinting at being an even better day, but we will happily despatch your boys when the time comes. Well done Bristol Rovers. I loved the fact that Arse were meant to be restrengthened defensively post-Africa, and yet their defence was a joke. Eboue being sent off summed them up. It was great that a) we could come back from the ignominy of last weekend and b) leave out Ronaldo and Tevez and still shine. Fletcher has been a weak link at times, but the lad done very good there, and Anderson, all of 19 years old, showed more promise than ever (that volley would have made a sensational goal). Nani's goal was great, and the acrobatics even moreso. Gotta love the FA Cup. MUFC have the best record in it of all teams, and it looks like that could be extended further.

Enough gloating for you, WSS?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

That's more like it! :D
colrow26

Post by colrow26 »

Come on Otis, you can gloat more than that!!
Turned up at Old Trafford on Saturday night (bouyed by Barnsleys last minute goal against Liverpool, Im sure you could hear the cheer from the pub all the way up the East Lancs Rd!) saw the team we had out and feared the worst. After the derby debacle where we just didnt turn up the thought of facing Arsenal without Ronaldo and Tevez and with Fletcher and Park did not augur well.
Just shows why Fergie is the manager and im a mere fan!! superb performance, the midfield of Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson and Park worked so well as a unit that Arsenal didnt get a look in. Nani and Rooney up front tore holes in Arsenals defence and it would not have flatterred us toi have won by 6 or 7.
Just a shame it wasnt in the league but it will be interesting to see Arsenals reaction, losing 5-1 to Spurs and 4 nil to United, will it put some doubt in the back of thier minds??
The view in the pub before the game was if we dont win it then Chelsea will but im not sure, they have a massive squad but when all available will Grant know his best eleven??
It all makes for a fascinating run in......
...I want him to hurt...
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

colrow26 wrote:Just a shame it wasnt in the league but it will be interesting to see Arsenals reaction...
Arsenal have never played that badly in the league under Wenger, not even in the Stepanovs-inspired 6-1 defeat to Manure. If you say upfront that the FA Cup is third priority, then I guess it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Save yourselves for the Champions League, boys.....
At least it was your lot, not Barnsley.
PS Eboue should never be allowed to play for us again.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine