Having It All - SPIKE era video

Pretty self-explanatory
migdd

Having It All - SPIKE era video

Post by migdd »

Cut from the final broadcast. Haven't seen this before. I'm not certain this deserves its' own thread but what the heck. A beautiful stolen melody. Patsy Kensit is an old schoolmate of EC's!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvVDtW-rA0I
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

think this looks 3,4,5 or 6 years before SPIKE!!!
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

No, it's the Spike era. The sideburns are the giveaway. Great find!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yeah, that clean a haircut! and talking about ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS????
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Fantastic. I really enjoyed that. Thanks migdd!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

If I'm not mistaken, it's a part of a 60-minute BBC documentary "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Spike".
I've got it on a VHS tape. 8)
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

Yes it is from that Spike documentary. EC also sang Deep Dark Truthful Mirror, Let Him Dangle, Pads Paws & Claws and Tramp the Dirt Down. He aslo used the F word which caused headlines in some of the papers!
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

I Remember watching the documentary. I lent it out once and it was never returned :evil:

Would be fantastic if this was made available on DVD or someone out there would post it for download :idea:
thepopeofpop

Re: Having It All - SPIKE era video

Post by thepopeofpop »

migdd wrote:Cut from the final broadcast. Haven't seen this before. I'm not certain this deserves its' own thread but what the heck. A beautiful stolen melody. Patsy Kensit is an old schoolmate of EC's!?
Patsy was born in 1968, so surely he jests. However, she was born in Hounslow, Middlesex - and EC certainly lived there back in the 70s, so perhaps he just is referring to that in his own suspicious way.

Definitely from 1989. Not only the sideburns, but also the glasses are a giveway. Those frames are much bigger than his regular hornrims and he only wore them at around that time.
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

Was this the last haircut he had before the beard years?? I also remember he had a book called Pads Paws and Claws, and spoke about working with Paul McCartney and having PP & C and Veronica half written.
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

Patsy was born in 1968, so surely he jests. However, she was born in Hounslow, Middlesex - and EC certainly lived there back in the 70s, so perhaps he just is referring to that in his own suspicious way.
They went to the same secondary school, but at different times (mid-to-late 60s for Dec, 70s/80s for Patsy): Archbishop Myers in Hounslow (now St Marks).