Boston Presale - PLEASE buy me a ticket!!! (will pay back!)

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Poppet

Boston Presale - PLEASE buy me a ticket!!! (will pay back!)

Post by Poppet »

PM me if you are available tomorrow after 10am to get me a ticket on the boston presale. i'll send you the links to get the goods.

i am having my root canaled tooth crowned tomorrow (tooth tiara!) and i'll be doped up and outta it at 10am, and for a while after that.

PLEASE?????!!!

i'll send you cookies, if it's legal for you to receive them where you are. and a check for the ticket price. and other sundry stuff from Boston.

anybody wanna help me out? :)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

okay, i have someone on the case.

and, i will post details once the deed is done.

thank you all for your support of my addiction.

:)
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Popps, I hope you did better than I did! I'm holding out for the general sale on Monday, cause the presale yielded crap.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

oh mug, that totally SUCKS!!!

boo. i am very unhappy on your behalf.

particularly since, bobster (wonderful guy. absolutely wonderful.) got me a ticket on the presale.

oh mug, you don't wanna know what seat i got. i feel bad now. though, i'm not trading with you.

section 2 (that's center, folks)
row b (as in, second row)
seat 29 (appears to be right in the middle, or perhaps slightly stage left).

YAY!!!!!!!!

major praise for bobster, for getting it for me.

and just in case the rest of you didn't know:

i love you guys!!!!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

See, this board is all about sharing and caring! :wink:

Bobster just earned his wings. :lol:
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh well, it's probably for the best I didn't try getting you one! I'm on every email list (thus eligible for the presale) but still the way I learned when the tix were going on sale was via your post about the root canal (hope it was okay btw, I've had about half a dozen, they can suck) for which thanks, incidentally (the post not the dental work).

I know I'm being a crybaby but I haven't gotten a seat in the first 5 rows for 2 years now, despite all my best efforts. I think I must be screwing something up...
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

you are NOT being a crybaby. at least, i don't think so. i am wicked pissed on your behalf!

today's dentistry was getting a temporary crown. well fuck, i though that's what i had last time. whatever. next week is fillings, and week after that is attaching the REAL crown. which costs $500. praise be for insurance, 'cause that's the price WITH good insurance. SIGH.

as i told other friends, i will see elvis if i hafta eat rice and soy sauce all meals for months. we understand the insanity here, yes?

oh, and mug, while i'm thinking of it, thanks again for KoA. got it on now. cookie making music. i owe bobster. (and others too.)
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Hehe, when I ordered tickets for the Nick Lowe show I managed to get a seat on row 3, but when I was about to confirm the order an error occured. When I tried booking again I was pushed back to row 14 :P

Same old story.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

selfmademug wrote: I know I'm being a crybaby but I haven't gotten a seat in the first 5 rows for 2 years now, despite all my best efforts. I think I must be screwing something up...
Ive never seen him from that close. I think the closest Ive gotten was the time I saw him with you, Mug, last February ...

Other than that, Ive mostly seen him from near the back of the venue ... although thats usually not terribly far away (not from the 97th row anyway), its not the same. But I really want to see him from the first few rows ... this is my fondest wish.

Someday ...
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I know you people have heard me say this before, but Mmmmmmm, does he look good from up close.

I hope all who haven't seen him that close get to - one day. :)
bobster

Post by bobster »

pip_52 wrote:
selfmademug wrote: I know I'm being a crybaby but I haven't gotten a seat in the first 5 rows for 2 years now, despite all my best efforts. I think I must be screwing something up...
Ive never seen him from that close. I think the closest Ive gotten was the time I saw him with you, Mug, last February ...
The irony here is that I've never had seats this good either. Actually, it wasn't until these last two shows at the L.A. and New Orleans House of Blues (general admission with fellow early arriving Costello-maniacs) that I actually could be 100% sure Elvis wasn't one of the Disney animatronic robots.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Otis Westinghouse

Re: Boston Presale - PLEASE buy me a ticket!!! (will pay bac

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Poppet wrote:i'll send you cookies, if it's legal for you to receive them where you are
It's illegal to be sent cookies in certain States? For crying out loud!!!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

oh yes, there's a big trade in black market cookies. gotta control the Tollhouse flow south and the Snickerdoodles north.

congrats, poppetster!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

...and though I didn't fare as well as Poppet, I did just fine-- near the edge of center section, 4th row. Suits me!!
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

4th row??? YAY!!!

re: cookies - i make snickerdoodles, here in the frozen north. y'all SHHHHHHHH! don't tell!

and i tried to make some this weekend. i got one dozen made. all the rest burned. i thought the first batch was undercooked, so i turned up the heat. idiot me.

shall try again, hopefully this weekend. (one dozen got eaten. yes, i can be a piggy. i do LOVE snickerdoodles.)
bobster

Post by bobster »

That's our great Poppet, straining for perfection in Snickernoodles. If it were my mom, those cookies would have been wrapped and in the mail (and 12, or more, eaten).
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Otis Westinghouse

Snickerdoodles?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Oddly alkaline-tasting sugar cookies with a bit of cinnamon.
Otis Westinghouse

And snickernoodles?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Hmmm... not sure. Pasta with chocolate, peanuts and caramel?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I thought snickerdoodles were Snickers in brownie form?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1710,149 ... 02,00.html

I think the reason they always taste alkaline to me is because of the baking soda in a mild-flavored cookie. I prefer a flat-ish sugar cookie without the cinnamon or the soda/tartar taste.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Poppet, while you're baking, make some of those chocolate oatmeal School Survivors for me!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Poppet

snickerdoodles. not stickernoodles.

Post by Poppet »

the recipe for snickerdoodles is correct, but the flavor actually comes from the cream of tartar. w/o cream of tartar it's just a sugar cookie w/ cinnamon sprinkled on it to fool the ignorant.

sugar cookies w/ cinnamon baked onto the tops (and bottoms, but most people i know who don't MAKE snickerdoodles don't realize there's cinnamon on the bottom as well) are supposed to be snickerdoodles.

moody dear, if you send me your addy i will send you some preacher cookies too. i can't promise prompt service, but they'll go out soonish, they need to be in the mail before they might melt in transit.

AND/OR - i can post the recipe. it's at home, but it's hideously easy.