Almost Saturday night again

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jackson Monk

Almost Saturday night again

Post by Jackson Monk »

Well, here we go again. Wot is on the agenda for you all this weekend?

I've just come back from The White Horse in the village of Old and I feel quite pissed (as in drunk). Had shellfish risotto which, was very nice, and a few pints of good ale. The kids are now in bed and I'm considering trying to make a move on the wife (who is watching gardening programmes on the TV). I might want to plant a little bulb of my own :wink:
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

A big nothing. I've been working like a madman since the New Year and need a quiet weekend. Just the kids' swimming lessons in the morning, then I'll probably make dinner tomorrow night (any good wintery recipes anyone?). Chinese takeout tonight and one of the movies we Tivo'd recently.

If I get some time to myself on Sunday I may watch the Chelsea-Barca match again. :)
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

tonight, I'll spend an hour on the freaking telephone trying to figure out when and where austin will be playing soccer -- inside or out? and it just started SNOWING so they better get a dayglo ball. Then, well actually, while I'm on the telephone, I'll consume a few Southpaws. I'll migrate to the couch with a Southpaw and open my $3 copy of According to the Rolling Stones, pretend to read a page or two and fall asleep. Hopefully, my mouth will be closed.

saturday will be spent soccering and shopping (not fun shopping, just the grocery kind). Hopefully season 1 of King of the Hill will arrive in the mail from Netflix and the kids will watch tv and let me pretend to read. I might play Kumbaya on my guitar ad nauseum because it's the only thing I know how to play right now.

sunday. now there's a day rife with possibilities. to launder or not to launder? should I color my hair? I really need to do something about hair on my upper lip too.

is that too much information? :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Going to see the musical Wicked, which just opened here in Toronto.

As for tonight, Red and I are going back to that English pub that had supposedly been shipped over from the UK.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

A little wiped out tonight - my flight home last night got canceled - so I took an early flight home today - our houseguests returned from Birmingham - grilled some steaks on the Weber - tomorrow up to London for the Portabello Market - Soane Museum and Tower of London - Sunday's up to the guests - the only thing on the agenda is lunch with the Lacklustre's in Dogmersfield -
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Tonight - don't know yet. I've put on a new red sweater and washed my hair. We'll see if that gets Doc's attention. :)

Tomorrow will find us at a soccer game by 8:30 am for the two 13 year olds. Then lunch somewhere. Then the youngest will proudly display his Pinewood Derby car at the district competition. He placed for best looking car. He decorated it like spongebob.

Tomorrow night finds us with tickets to Oklahoma, and then going to the cast party at a local club.

Sunday - I don't know. We're having to re-do the fish pond from the giant dead fish disaster back at Christmas, so if it's not cold, I'm probably sorting through pond scum.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

tonight - leave work at 6:30pm on the dot. 'cause i'm chained to the desk until then.

go home. might get takeout, but probably not 'cause it's snowy out and that would force me back outside again.

eat leftovers. drink red wine. wrap self in blankets. sleep

tomorrow - clean house. YAY!!! (i punted a house guest earlier this week, and i do mean punted, as in kicked outta the house likely never to return) i am so looking forward to having a day at home by myself.

sunday - errands, meeting friends, potluck dinner maybe.

very exciting chez poppet. wheeeee!
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

no soccer today!!!

when I went to bed, it was cold and snowing.

this morning, it's sunny, windy and warm.

springtime in east tn. :?
LittleFoole

Post by LittleFoole »

mood swung wrote: this morning, it's sunny, windy and warm.

springtime in east tn. :?
Yupper - dunno where the 3" of snow we were supposed to get went, but it's sunny and a-gonna be 61* here south of K-Town 8) Probably gonna take kids to library, thento the park with the dog today, maybe pizza and rent a few dvd's tonight....dunno
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, went to the soccer game. Windy, windy, but kind of warm. Left in the middle of the game to go home and get on the net to buy Joe Jackson/Todd Rundgren tickets for the Ryman in May. I did good, Cosmos - we're on the front row this time! See you then!

Taking the kids to a new german resturant in town for lunch. Thought they might like to have some german food again after being in Munich last fall. The lady who runs the place is native german and has a reputation for fabulous desserts. :)
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

WOO HOO!!! Nice job Spooky!!! :D
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Is it just me, or are there a lot of soccer moms on this forum? :wink:
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

For the first time in months, my weekend is finally my own! No going out drinking, no working afternoon hours on Saturday at my tutoring gig, no shuttling back and forth between friends' houses and socializing. This weekend is for cleaning and eating and long baths and Guinness and Bass black and tans. Yay weekends without obligations!
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

lots of snow here. staying inside. watching tv.

cleaning is problematic because it makes me curse my 'friend' for making the mess.

still, must be done.

sick of snow.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Well, I guess I'm more of a sloth mom than a soccer mom.

The boy and I are watching ICE AGE, fresh off of seeing ROBOTS earlier today; see more in films thread.

Poppet is under-selling the sheer crapitude of the weather here. Basically it has alternated all day between freezing rain, snow so heavy it looks like someone's throwing rocks off the roof, and sheer clods of slush just falling from the sky, feeling as if they're all going down your back.

March is DISGUSTING in Boston.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

4-0!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

BlueChair wrote:Going to see the musical Wicked, which just opened here in Toronto.

Just got back from this. Has anyone else seen it?

I was a bit let down I guess. Maybe I just expected too much - Blue's sister had seen it in NYC and *RAVED* about it. While the story was interesting and the performances were really great, the songs seemed kind of awkward and didn't quite work. I might have to read the book now.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

RedShoes wrote:
BlueChair wrote:I might have to read the book now.
You mean the original "Wizard of Oz" story, or the book of the musical? Funnily enough, I was just reading Robert Sabuda's incredible pop-up version of "Oz" with my daughter yesterday. His "Alice in Wonderland" is incredible too.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

She means Wicked, the book the musical is based on.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Ms. Mug, can I be a Sloth Mom and a Soccer Mom? I have a Gemini rising.

Spring is definitely in the air here (but we will have Dogwood Winter, Blackberry Winter and some other freaking kind of winter before it really is spring, which of course is actually summer here). I'm thinking shoe shopping! Sandals! Sandals! Sandals!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

After years of watching Spykids, Nemo, The Kid, and Matilda etc, Mrs Doofster and I managed to get to the flicks last night.

We went to see The Boogieman cos it looked scary and good for a laugh. It wasn't either.

Next week I'll stick to Racing Stripes.

Ps. Why can't teenagers sit still and quiet in the cinema? Is there a worm that leaves their arses on their 20th birthdays? :x
corruptio optimi pessima
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Boogeyman gets my vote for Worst Scary Movie Ever - Mr. Swung thought it was awful and he likes those kinds of movies. I spent 2 hours with my hands over my eyes, crouched in a fetal position.

and I could have seen Million Dollar Baby....