Bands/Artists you straight up and down can't stand

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

El Vez wrote:Q: What has nine arms, ten legs and sucks?

A: Def Leppard
That is hillarious.

I tried to write a song once with more of a rock sound. I was shooting for the Stones or something like that. When I finished, I listened to it and it sounded so much like a Def Lepard song that I never let anyone hear it. I was so ashamed.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Well, I guess I'll defend metal again. When I was in high school (early 80s) I had no time for the dance stuff and the new romantic stuff. I was learning to play guitar, and when you're first learning, metal is the best stuff to learn for rock guitar. I went from AC/DC and Sabbath to Priest, Maiden, Saxon, and, yes, Def Leppard. I really liked their first two albums. As soon as Def Leppard went 'pop', I didn't care for them anymore. I wanted them to be aggressive (Let It Roll), not cuddly (Photograph). I also never liked glam metal or pop metal. Accept I liked, Motley Crue I did not.

The best thing about metal, besides learning lots of great guitar tricks, was that it led me directly into Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Fear, etc. which ended up having a much longer lasting impact on me than the metal stuff. Once it all meshed into one, I lost interest again and it was hello Elvis.

Oh yeah, I can't stand Ashlee Simpson, Genesis, Yes, Emerson Lake and Palmer, or Toby Keith.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i loved def leppard. it was great fun.

can't stand - most 'new' country music. give me the old style real stuff, not this pseudo pop crap.

celine dion makes my ears bleed. well, duh that.

(i liked cuddly def leppard. what can i say, i was a teenager at the time.)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Thanks, Poppet. '83 was a good year. A very good year. That Def Leppard show was great.

And Celine does suck big donkey parts.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Pretty much can't stand all metal. Doesn't mean I think it's all "bad," neccessarily, except in the case that it's definitely bad for my mental state. It took my years to even get to like Jimi Hendrix and the occasional Zeppelin song. Guitar worship does not come easy to me.

On the other hand, I love a piano.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!