Movie Trivia Quiz

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Actually, I'm pretty sure that John Sayles did some script doctoring on T2 as well. Not sure if you can check this kind of thing on IMDB. (They don't list unofficial script contributions. ) I only wish James Cameron had allowed Sayles to do the same on "Titanic"....
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Going back two weeks...
martinfoyle wrote:In A Lonely Place ,of course!
Is that a Smithereens original, or a cover (unlikely if they're Elvisesque) of the mighty Joy Division/New Order track (B side of the first NO single, but written by JD and with a rediscovered demo fragment featuring Ian Curtis on the Heart and Soul compilation). Starts off 'Caressing the marble and stone' and features the heart-rending (in light of Curtis's impending suicide by rope) lines 'Hangman looks round as he waits/Cord stretches tight till it breaks'.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

noiseradio wrote: What was the name of the short film that Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell made to raise money for the making of The Evil Dead?
Here's a hint:

The title is similar to a completely unrelated Stephen Sondheim musical.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Is this one too obscure?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

No more obscure that the rest. The only question I've been able to answer is the one that I asked myself to start this thread.

If you change the question, can you ask another one where the answer is "Pennies From Heaven" ? I have a good question to ask, but have been sitting on it for about 2 weeks....
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Ok, the answer was Within the Woods, a prototype for Book of the Dead, whocse title was later changed to The Evil Dead.

New question:

What black and white musical starring Bernadette Peters was a critical smash and a box office flop, largely because the leading man had never been cast as a dramatic lead (not to mention the dark tone of the whole glorious film)?
--William Shakespeare
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

I will not attempt to answer this very difficult question, as I want to see what Storm has been sitting on for two weeks ;)
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Me too. Thanks for playing along. (Gee, I wonder what the answer could be....)
--William Shakespeare