Bile Box and Board Roast

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
A rope leash

Bile Box and Board Roast

Post by A rope leash »

Yeah, Hungup was full of details. I need someone to watch over my facts. So Lack only points out the intricate inconsistancies.

Maybe it goes back to something El Vez mentioned, about getting a sense of self worth from the board. It seems to me that Hungup posted a lot of stuff that sort of got ignored. Smart stuff, you know, like Jackson's.

Hi Mr. Average. Let me hold your hand while I apologize to you and everyone else who might have gotten mussed in my pissings. I'm just a broken pipe spewwing shit sometimes, and for the life of me I can't figure out why I've chosen to inflict myself upon a small group of people who just happen to love a certain guy the way I do. Ya'll are lucky I'm really busy with my job. Mood Swung, I should have never gone to Knoxville. Chris Whittle doesn't LOOK evil...

The slickest part is that even I don't know how full of shit I am. You see, it's a test of my head. I do the same to almost everyone that gets to know me well. Some people go stammering mad.

Tonight, I drink to your health.

So, here it is, a whole group I can perform mind-wrecking stunts for. It's funny. Noise is so somewhere else all he can do at times is poke me to see if I'm real. Miss BA asks me to write a sonnet, and says nothing when I do. Okay, so it wasn't great. I wanted it to be for her, but it wasn't. It couldn't. I couldn't face the danger of love implied by the Shakespearian tradition.

I think Bamboo partly wants to go along and partly wants to make sure I'm not insane. Gilli loves the dog but often sees the need for discipline! Oil, I'm taking my cues from you on this one. Sulky, thanks for calling me back, but be careful what you wish for.

Ah, but how far we've come, though. We now have the ability to show ourselves off photographically, thereby proving our mortal coils. Utilitarian Plaything, you don't appear to be the soccer thug I thought you were. That's a joke at your expense, you're beautiful. So is Lapinjolis, sultry I'd say, and expect a slap. DrJ, okay! You manage to look awesome, even next to an awesome car, like Idle Hands does with the mountain. BWAP, I call you "bwap", and now I know it fits. OW!: ditto. I can see you working the ancient popping elevator circuits atop the Wacker building in Chicago, now that I've seen you and them both. Self-Made, how can you stand to be that close to Elvis? I'd go into convulsions. I'm in love with Spooky's look. So, Like, Happy. I've actually met Pip in person, that's her and she's quite sweet. Stormwarning's met someone, too, eh, someone perfectly blue. "Met" in the Biblical sense, I mean. Or something.

Blue Chair sometimes walks a fence I'm sure deciding whether or not to allow my fencewalking. I'm jealous of his good looks, and he knows it. I think everyone is at least a little bit gay. Did he know that?

Shabbydoll, don't let the open acceptance Of CopeFan send you off. He was caught up in that old "war of repitilian aggression", just like you were. We got past it, and everybody seems to be keeping each other in bounds so far here in the aftermath.

Pov, where ya at? Seen Narbles out there? Toy Soldier, you threatened to come back, but didn't. You just got a whole lot of sense, probably. I just got home from Branson.

C-Punk, I hope you're writing something.

Pop2k I want to ask you a question. I hope you're not offended.

But if you are, I want you and everyone else to know that you can kick a dog and he'll almost always forgive you. It's when you attack that they bite, or run.

Nice place, Taz-Tux. Fighters Foo!

*wags off*
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

***cue up that old Whintey Houston croon...***

"That's what friends are for..."

:lol:
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Looks like the dog is in need of some affection tonight hes seems a bit down in the mouth. Course Gilli loves the dog - we all do on this board and everyone knows your bark is worse than your bite!

*gets out his favourite choccy treats, rubs his belly and goes out to buy him his very own lampost*
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

a rope leash still has my undying respect for coming up with the idea of Whitney Houston covering "13 Steps Lead Down."

And yes, I enjoy your posts a rope leash, even if they get me scratching my head sometimes. I guess scratching of the head is a good thing, though! :D
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Rope,

I don't mean to poke. And I know you're real. I sometimes wonder if you're for real.

I don't think I'm so somewhere else, either. But we do seem often to be at crossed purposes. I think what you seem to want from me most of the time is a sparring partner in matters theological (atheological)? I'm just not interested. You remind me, when you're like that, of a Bill Hicks routine that he was using to describe US foreign policy. He said it's like the Jack Palance character in Shane. He throws the gun down at the feet of the stable hand, taunting him to "pick up the gun" in that scary whisper. Finally, the stable hand does so, only to be filled with holes. And Jack Palance says, "You all saw him pick up the gun."

I think you want me to pick up the gun. But I'm just in town to buy some gingham for my wife and some shoes for my little girl. I gave up gunfighting a long time ago.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Didn't seem to sound so flippant earlier, Rope...

I sometimes think this is what these so-called "message boards" are all about. I mean, you're allowed to rant & rave to your heart's content, because you seem to be among friends that, only occasionally, give you any shit.

And, admit it!!You enjoy it when we give you shit!!

You and I have that much in common, at least...

I live for the sake of the argument itself, not really who's "right" or "wrong", and that's why I've always enjoyed your (re-quote) "scathing commentary", etc.

So, shoot me.
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Wow. I was going for enigmatic, but I'll accept awesome.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Ask away Rope.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

It's one of only three things I'm passionate about. I should tone down the thuggish element of my arguments.

It wouldn't be the same without you, Rope. We love you dearly.
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

How did you guess I'd slap you?. . .for being surprised I was beautiful and sultry! Not really, I'm surprised myself. Where are all these message board men when all I have for comfort is a hot bath followed by a foreign movie? You know I wish the best for you Mr. Leash-be well.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Hey, I loved your sonnet! But complimenting poetry always sounds fake to me. It's like when someone says, "do I look fat?"
A rope leash

Hack-kaff

Post by A rope leash »

Pick it up, Sulky! Pick it up!

Love that movie.

Hey I was just drinking. I wasn't asking for scritches, but they feel nice. Thanks for the well-wishes, and the best to you all, as well.

Miss BA, do you really think I look fat? I'm the kind of writer that is also part performer, so I appreciate compliments from anyone, and criticisms from smart people.

Now, back to the paperwork...!
costellopunk

Post by costellopunk »

i'm always writing rope. well, i'm making little stabs at language anyway. i'm working on the uplifting hopeful thing. trying to get out of that rut. i've been so damn busy. work, school, blah blah blah. writing is always the ulitmate catharsis. i've got today and tomorrow off of everything so i'll be around the board.
-it takes a long time but god dies too/but not before he sticks it to you-