Associations of life with months and weather

This is for all of your writings, songs, pictures or however else you feel like expressing yourself. Have at it!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Associations of life with months and weather

Post by spooky girlfriend »

It was very warm on the day I was born, at least I'm told. It was August.

It was a cold day in November when I got my first kiss. I hated it. I also hated that I was a late bloomer and seemed to do everything later than everyone else.

It was a warm day in May when I went to that banquet and received that award for the paper I wrote. I was so proud. But I was wearing a formal with long sleeves. It was really too warm for a dress like that.

It was very hot one day in June, when I was 10 and my brother was 5. I remember taking him out of the house while my parents were fighting. It was too hot to be outside, but it was better than being indoors that day.

It was a scorcher that day in August when I was accepted to the college newspaper staff. I also got my first car that day. It was a mustang. Not new, just new to me. That was a great day.

It was cold that day in November when I first discovered how much I truly loved college, and how I had spent my first semester not paying attention. And how at that point it was too late to change it.

It was hot that day in June when I graduated high school, and I was scared and unsure of life. And it was cold that day in December when I graduated college. I was still scared and unsure of life. I still am sometimes.

It was chilly that day in December when I married my first husband and very hot the day in July when I married my second husband. The weather of my two wedding days is as opposite as the two men I married.

It was cold the day in January when I had my first child, and hot in July when I had my second. Though I remember being healthy that January and having a cold that July.

It was a cold day in December, many years ago, when I kissed Joel for the first time. It was hurried and secret on campus that day. And it was cold in November, many years later when I kissed him for the "first time" again, slowly and sweetly this time, after realizing that our time apart had been a mistake.

It was so hot the September day I saw France for the first time. Odd that it would be so cold the next time I was there, also in September. What wonderful trips they were. My kids were so glad to see me both times when I returned.

It was a humid day in May when our blended family moved to our new house. An older house acutally, but new to us. A house with room for all of us and our kids and one that we picked out together. We needed a bigger house. One that was our own.

It was a cold, rainy day in December when we buried my father-in-law and an unseasonably warm, sunny day in February when we buried my brother. Both were unexpected. Both are greatly missed.

It was February the last time I visited my college alma mater. It was cold, but somehow I didn't seem to care. I still feel at home there, though it has changed so much since I left.

Today I helped six people prepape for their day - my husband, my four kids, and my nephew - he spent the night with us last night. As they left, I kissed them each good-bye. It is very warm today. It is August.
Last edited by spooky girlfriend on Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Very nice, spooky....
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Thanks for sharing those special moments in your life with us Spooky. I'm not sure if I should tell you it is an overcast muggy uncomfortable day here in England today and im sweating like a pig!! I'll leave you with that lovely image...... :twisted:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Great stuff, Spooks...

What a very special lady you must be.
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."