Country Song

This is for all of your writings, songs, pictures or however else you feel like expressing yourself. Have at it!
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

I am pretty much up for giving any lryic a try. Are you asking about Arkansaw? Never written a country song but it cant be all that hard. Do you have a tune in mind or can I just wing it. Vez seemed happy but I doubt I put music to it that sounded anything like he had imagined. Let me know what you have in mind. I actually enjoy this and I am done with my demo work for now so I dont have any new songs really brewing at the moment.
A rope leash

I'm not serious...

Post by A rope leash »

I do have a tune in my mind, but it's simple and kind of just goes how the lyrics go. I don't really have any "hooks", and I don't really know much about music and music composition. Think old school, hard-core, simple country with a sarcastic energy.

I've always thought of The Tennessee Whore as a Dwight Yoakam/ Dolly Parton duet.

I'm totally whacked, though. Having a bit of fun, as it were.

I reckon if I really wanted to, I could get some old buddies of mine to plink something out. Then, they could get me drunk so I can go on stage with them and sing!

Maybe I could learn a few chords, and make it part of my semi-existant stand-up act!

Will I ever fortify my talents with couragous publicity? Doubtful, but stay tuned anyway!
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Hey rope i was just wondering if you got your ass kicked in Arkansas one time or something?

I really like the lyrics by DPR. The one about the same every weekend.
A rope leash

Nationwide

Post by A rope leash »

I've had my ass kicked in better states than Arkansas, I'll have you know!

(I live very close to Arkansas, and I visit quite often. There are lots of famous songs about Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, and even Kentucky. I just thought that Arkansas was overdue...)
A rope leash

Arkansas

Post by A rope leash »

In fact, as states go, I think Arkansas is underrated. Without Arkansas, we'd all be shopping at K-Mart!
A rope leash

The missing...

Post by A rope leash »

Haven't seen Dead Pirate around much, and I do so wish that our lapinsjolis would return.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Never been to arkansas. Ive been near it. Does that count? Oh and I got my ass kicked in GA a couple of times.
A rope leash

States to hate...

Post by A rope leash »

Lotsa songs about Georgia, too...

It rains a lot in Arkansas. It's more politically liberal than a lot of folks give it credit for. Mountians, plains, rivers, lakes, and also Hot Springs.

It's not hard to get lost there. It's not hard to get lost in Mississippi, either, but somehow I feel safer in Arkansas, even though I'm probably not.

Hey Crash, I go to Virginia about once a year, whether I want to or not. I'm under the impression that there are rural folks, but no real "hillbillies", like one might find in West Virginia. Anyway, every time I fly over heading for Dulles, I get a pretty good view of all the country estates. It kind of reminds me of horse country around Louisville and Lexington, or like the sophistihick country near Branson.

Last time I was working on the ground in Virginia, I got stuck in a freak snowstorm, and wound up spending a week in Rocky Mount. Lovely area around there, and the people were great.

Anyway, Maryland's nice, too.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

If anyone's wondering what happened to my continuing of Country Song, it's like this... I can feel the pieces coagulating gradually but it's still a mess. Lots of ideas in a pad but no coherent structure yet. There was a part where the hero strikes a mexican match across somebody's face and stuff like that but we'll see.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Rope, as we border West Virginia, we get spill over and have more than our share hillbillies. Actually there are good and bad parts of both states. I live an hour west of Dullas. I work up in Maryland and most of the area is really nice. The freak snows are not uncommon and people here have no clue how to drive in them. They also will empty every store of its bread, milk and beer at the mere mention of snow as if we might be trapped for months. Its pretty silly.

I grew up in GA so its way too cold here for me anyway