Rough Draft for Wedding Program

This is for all of your writings, songs, pictures or however else you feel like expressing yourself. Have at it!
LessThanZero

Rough Draft for Wedding Program

Post by LessThanZero »

Jody said I had to write a story about how we met and fell in love, since she's doing "everything else".

Well, it's late, but I'll bounce this one off of you, my good elviscostellofans friends. It's supposed to go in that program thing that the ushers give you when you sit down.

There once was a boy who was rarely speechless.

People from all around referred to him as cute, funny and outstanding. Despite having these wonderful traits, he selfishly prayed every night for God to send him a soul mate (or at least someone to give him some attention). He watched and waited, wondered and worried, but God had his own plans. So Matt…I mean...this handsome young man, decided to take things into his own hands. He hit the club scene with a thud, and even became a laboratory courier. He was precise in his couriering, and quite skillful too, but still, he continued to dream about his soul mate, and pray every night.

Finally, God decided that it would be in everyone’s best interest, if the striking young man, was in fact, speechless. So one day, through the courier office door, God delivered the most beautiful specimen the couriers had ever scene. Everybody said “hi” except for our hero. He could only muster a pathetic wave. Speechless. The beautiful girl from Medical Records continued to enter the courier office to drop off envelopes, and the courier got quite good at waving.

He could barely stand the speechlessness any longer (he never won the “let’s see who can be quiet the longest” game. In fact, he never even placed.) He knew it was time to take action. He had the charge courier ask her if she was available and things of that nature. He did what any 4th grader would do—he called her co-workers and asked if she was single. After it was pretty conclusive to everyone involved that she was available, it was decided that he would ask her out.

Jody Marie entered the office. Sue Pettit said hi. All the couriers said hi. Even the Cancer Center courier said hi. (He hung out with us every day for at least 2 hours.) OK, the secret’s out. Couriers just sit around all day, play hangman, and shoot rubber bands and pennies at each other. Matthew just waved. Jody tarried, slowly turned around and walked towards the door. HI! Matthew said too loudly and quite late. She smiled and left. Everyone looked at Matthew. Cancer Center Tom finally pushed Matthew out into the hallway to ask her out. She was quite a ways down the hall. It was one of those choose-your-own-adventure moments that create either chance or regret.

I yelled again. Jody! She turned around and we walked toward each other. She later said that she didn’t notice that I was dying of nervousness just then. I somehow asked her out in a blurry flurry of fearful fright. She said yes. Astounding. I was shocked. I had not prepared myself for that response. It must've been at that point that I blacked out. When I came to, I was driving around town planning our first date.

It was flawless. October 18, 2001. The perfect date. She liked The Beatles! She’s so cute! I couldn’t help but give her my full attention and affection. Many perfect dates were to follow. When our relationship cruised past my standard 3-month-relationship-death mark, I knew that this feeling was something different than anything before.

She is the girl of my dreams and the answer to all of my prayers. She’s the fire that sucked my egg into the bottle. She’s my salad fork. The pinkie toe on the foot of reality. The gong in my symphony and the strawberries on my shortcake.
I used to get a little melancholy every now and then. I’d listen to sad music all of the time. Meeting Jody was Prozac from heaven. She’s Wings on the radio. Sunshine on Saturn. The warmth in my heart.

And so I bought a ring. I made an engagement mix CD for the car ride to South Haven where I would propose. Of course my car broke down before I could even get out to the farm. I took it as a good sign and proposed anyway. Again, one-and-a-half years later, she said yes.

If you’re reading this story DURING the ceremony, you’re in trouble. There will be a quiz. There won’t be any dates to remember, but you’re responsible for knowing wedding party names and the ring-bearers height.

Thank you so much for being here. We would’ve eloped if you could’ve made it. I can’t wait to open your gift. Please dance at the reception, our DJ is very sensitive. (He’s a talk-show host.)

Thank you for all of your love and support.

Thank God for our love. May he continue to bless it and nurture it through all of you.

We love you,

Matthew and Jody LEMMER! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!? HER LAST NAME IS LEMMER NOW!
Last edited by LessThanZero on Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

This is very sweet and all who love you will enjoy it throughly at the wedding. I knew a very sweet and pretty devout Catholic girl by that name about 6 years ago. She was from Louisiana though, is there an off, off chance your lucky bride-to-be is the same girl? Blessings to you both.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

thanks so much lapins! I only wish you could write it instead! You are a brilliant, brilliant writer.

...hmmm...would it be ethical if you put together a ten page paper on how people talk about abortion tomorrow?? :?

Why am I putting this off! People say it's easy! I am insane.

Lapins, I don't think Jody's ever been to Louisiana. She IS a Catholic girl who goes to church almost every week, but I don't know if I'd say she's a devout Catholic....I know she doesn't believe in Transubstantiation, and she confesses her sins straight to God herself. I guess she's still devout though, and very pretty. :D
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

Jeepers you're sweet but I don't think anyone could write it but you. Alas she's not my long lost devout Catholic Jody. I'm sure she is just as lovely and sweet. I was hoping she was because the Jody I knew deserved someone as genuine as you.

Goody luck with your paper a highly important and emotional subject.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

This Abortion paper is looming over my head like a Grand Piano...