Elvis Costello Symphony Tour Pre-Sale!

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Just got this from Lost Highway -

Elvis Costello is heading out on an orchestral tour where he will perform with many of the finest symphony's in the United States. The first portion of Elvis Costello’s performance will feature his full-length orchestral work, Il Sogno. After intermission, he will return to perform a collection of his pop and rock hits. Come see one of the world's finest singer/songwriters in what promises to be a phenomenal event. Elvis Costello will be offering special pre-sales for the orchestral performances listed below:

27-Mar Davies Symphony Hall San Francisco, CA w/ San Francisco Symphony Pre-Sale begins 11/9 at 1:00 PM PST

13-Apr Jesse H. Jones Hall for the Performing Arts Houston, TX w/ Houston Symphony Pre-Sale begins 11/8 at 1:00 PM EST

20-Apr The Music Center at Strathmore North Bethesda, MD w/ Baltimore Symphony Orchestra Pre-Sale begins 11/8 at 1:00 PM EST

21-Apr Meyerhoff Symphony Hall Baltimore, MD w/ Baltimore Symphony Orchestra Pre-Sale begins 11/8 at 1:00 PM EST

22-Apr Meyerhoff Symphony Hall Baltimore, MD w/ Baltimore Symphony Orchestra Pre-Sale begins 11/8 at 1:00 PM EST

10-May Symphony Hall Boston, MA w/ Boston Pops Pre-Sale Coming Soon

12-May Brooklyn Academy of Music Brooklyn, NY w/ Brooklyn Philharmonic Pre-Sale begins 11/8 at 1:00 PM EST

13-May Fox Theatre Atlanta, GA w/ Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Pre-Sale begins 11/8 at 1:00 PM EST

You can access the Elvis Costello Ticketing page at http://ticketing.concertmaps.com/elviscostello.

Thank you for your continued support and we will see you at the shows!
username: elviscostello
password: imposters
migdd

Post by migdd »

Wow! Thanks for the heads-up, Mr. Foyle!
I'll be keeping an eye out for good seats to the Atlanta show at the Fox Theatre. The Fox is a beautiful venue with perfect acoustics, and moving stars projected on the ceiling! I've had the honor of experiencing EC and the Attractions there upon several occassions between 1981 (Trust English Mugs tour) and 1984 (Goodbye Cruel World tour). The last time he played there was with the original Rude Five in support of SPIKE - incredible show! Most recently, EC's Atlanta trips have been sequestered to the clubby and fun Tabernacle Baptist Church-of-Elvis and the yuppie-on-wine-and-fruitbasket-munchfest-from-Mars Chastaine Park Amphitheatre. Can't wait to see Sir EC back at the lovely Fox Theatre with Steve and the many boys and girls of the Atlanta Symphony!!!
Poppet

Boston Presale announced

Post by Poppet »

10-May Symphony Hall Boston, MA w/ Boston Pops Pre-Sale Begins 11/16
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Hmm, BAM on a Friday night - that could be fun. Need to talk to the boss about this one.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Once again, Toronto gets shit on. Despite the fact that we have a really good symphony orchestra here.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Atlanta on a Saturday - that seems completely do-able.
migdd

Post by migdd »

I'm trying to use the link but am getting a "Page Not Found" error.
Help!!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

What browser are you using? I can get to it fine.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Thanks, Spooky! I got there!
It will be interesting to see which seats are available when the pre-sale begins tomorrow.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Look again, migdd. They go on sale TODAY!!!!!!!
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Hmmmm Spooky....I bet I could get to Atlanta on a Saturday.....let's discuss.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Oooh, oooh, ooooh, let's discuss!!!!! :)
migdd

Post by migdd »

Wow, I was looking at the San Fransisco pre-sale date!! Thanks for the heads-up, Spooky!!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Got 2 tix for the Brooklyn Academy of Music show. Anyone else thinking of attending this one?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

All the tics that were available for Atlanta sucked major donkey parts.

God help me, but I'll just wait and try Ticketbastard. :roll:
migdd

Post by migdd »

spooky girlfriend wrote:
All the tics that were available for Atlanta sucked major donkey parts.

God help me, but I'll just wait and try Ticketbastard.
Ditto, here, Spooky! I logged on as the link opened this afternoon and the first seats offered were row Z. A couple of minutes later and they were offering seats several rows further back. Sounds like Ticketbastard or getting ripped-off by ticket brokers, which seems to be about the only way to get a decent seat to a show these days! Sheesh!! :x
verena

Post by verena »

:idea:
Yeah, makes you feel like you're being screwed all the time...

I think Ticket bastard should find a way to get tickets to the real audience first, then worry about broker fuckers ! :lol:

No kiddin', there might be room for an enterprise named Ticket Angel ...
guidedbyvoices

Post by guidedbyvoices »

Thanks for the heads up. The Houston Symphony has been selling tickets since early August, and I kept putting it off. Presale today, got four 2d row seats. Can't beat that. These presales rock, got front row for the last Houston show.
we have powerlines in our bloodlines
guidedbyvoices

Post by guidedbyvoices »

Also, it may have said presale started at 1pm, but like last time, the link was active way early, had tickets at 9am.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

nice to see that pretty face, GBV.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
guidedbyvoices

Post by guidedbyvoices »

mood swung wrote:nice to see that pretty face, GBV.
thanks! she's one already, need to update my avatar!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

BlueChair wrote:Once again, Toronto gets shit on. Despite the fact that we have a really good symphony orchestra here.
It'll be interesting to see if this comes to the UK. My guess is that there'll be one show in London and possibly a show in Manchester, Birmingham or Liverpool.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living ... the_house/

Elvis will be in the house
December 29, 2005

The Boston Pops plan to ''Pump It Up" this season, beginning Opening Night when Elvis Costello will share the stage with conductor Keith Lockhart. Landing the critically acclaimed singer-songwriter is a major coup for Lockhart, who's struggled in recent years to attract A-list acts for Opening Night of Pops. (Unless you consider Lou Rawls, Art Garfunkel, Patti Austin, Al Jarreau, and Elaine Paige big names.) Contacted yesterday, the Pops' press people wouldn't confirm the deal with Mr. Diana Krall, but the artist's website leaves no doubt that the author of such classic LPs as ''My Aim Is True" and ''Imperial Bedroom" will be at Symphony Hall on May 10. (Tickets, we're told, go on sale March 13.) Why would Costello be interested in the gig? Just so happens the bespectacled Brit's embarking on a US tour in support of his full-length orchestral work, ''Il Sogno," and he'll be performing with symphonies in San Francisco, Houston, Atlanta, Baltimore, and, yes, Boston. According to Costello's website, he'll also be playing a collection of his pop and rock hits. Lockhart was in Utah yesterday, and couldn't be reached for comment, but the conductor has made no secret of his desire to get younger, hipper crowds into Symphony Hall. Last season, he enlisted the scruffy pop band Guster to play with the Pops, and the two shows sold out in a matter of hours.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

tix on sale *march 13*???

okay.

gives me time to save up, not a bad thing.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

BlueChair wrote:Once again, Toronto gets shit on. Despite the fact that we have a really good symphony orchestra here.
Yeah, Kalamazoo too!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.