EC and the Bangles

Pretty self-explanatory
robertchao

EC and the Bangles

Post by robertchao »

It said in the new book (which I found at the library yesterday - YAY) that the Bangles went onstage with Elvis in 1986. Did anyone here see that?

Of course EC recently wrote Doll Revolution which the Bangles covered.

The Bangles just played LA and are now going to Australia. There is no need to panic.
Mikeh

The Bangles

Post by Mikeh »

I have it on tape somewhere. I think they did If She Knew What She Wants, and Yes it is, by the Beatles.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

They played together in LA in October 1986 as part of a Spinning Songbook Show.

They did

If she knew what she wants
Yes it is
Next time round.

I think they also played another song but memory fails me at the moment. I think it was a Bob Dylan song.

bambooneedle also posted this link on another thread

http://www.thebangles.com/bio/Bio_archi ... 4_2003.asp
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Further evidence of my kindness (if more were needed) :) .
sweetest punch

Re: EC and the Bangles

Post by sweetest punch »

https://theseconddisc.com/2020/10/07/br ... cult-more/

Bright Future in Sales: Real Gone Music Announces Record Store Day Black Friday Offerings with Bangles, Fountains of Wayne, Blue Oyster Cult, More

Time flies when it’s seemingly at a standstill. It might be hard to believe, but even with still one more Record Store Day Drop to go (on October 24) it’s already time to look ahead at Record Store Day Black Friday, which falls on November 27 this year. Brick and mortar shops nationwide will be releasing special, limited-edition vinyl offerings, and our friends at Real Gone Music have just announced what’s on their lineup!

Bangles Doll RevolutionThe Bangles, Doll Revolution (2-LP, streaked pink vinyl, 1,500 copies)

Originally released in 2003, Doll Revolution remains a favorite in The Bangles’ catalogue, featuring all the qualities fans have come to expect – songwriting, vocals, and instrumental skill. For its debut on vinyl, Real Gone Music will press The Bangles’ celebrated Doll Revolution (featuring the rocking Elvis Costello-penned title track) on streaked pink vinyl in a limited edition of 1,500, each hand-numbered. The album will be packaged in a newly designed gatefold sleeve with an insert. This edition is fully approved by the band. Tear off your own head…it’s a Doll Revolution!

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.